[Bug] Did a search, did not find this bug..."weapon stuck in hand bug"

LordArtemis

Ok, this one is a bit difficult to describe, and I will post pics if needed.

This is what happens.

Lets say you click on a crate or item to destroy it. Your weapon comes out, you destroy it, and your weapon remains in your hand. It does not get put away automatically like it should.

Also, it is in your hand, being held with just one hand....which ends up looking pretty silly when you are carrying an autocannon or sniper rifle.

If you move forward or back, summon your speeder, the weapon remains drawn. Makes for some hilarious screenshots with dual sabers crossed across the bars of your speeder as you drive along.

Now, the solution is to draw out your weapon, using Z I believe, and then hit Z again to stow it. That takes care of it.

I would very much like to see this long running bug get fixed. I would also like to know if others have seen this.

Thanks for you time...I can provide pics if needed.

Edited by LordArtemis

Yeah, it kinda amuses me actually. ^^

It's due to the fact that your weapon isn't technically out. If you first take out your weapon and then click, it will not cause this bug.

They actually have fixed this for newer instances of node popping or whatever you want to call it...things like the stuff at CZ-198...you destroy it and holster your weapon right back. I think this bug pretty much exists solely in the pre-55 content. If they can redo the early game stuff with the fixed node popping animations (like CZ-198 has) that would be nice.

They actually have fixed this for newer instances of node popping or whatever you want to call it...things like the stuff at CZ-198...you destroy it and holster your weapon right back. I think this bug pretty much exists solely in the pre-55 content. If they can redo the early game stuff with the fixed node popping animations (like CZ-198 has) that would be nice.

Ah, i had not noticed that. Now that you mention it, I do remember that this bug does not occur on CZ.

Perhaps it is tied to the object instead of the overall mechanic then.

Ah, i had not noticed that. Now that you mention it, I do remember that this bug does not occur on CZ.

Perhaps it is tied to the object instead of the overall mechanic then.

It's one of my favorite things about doing the CZ dailies, not having to constantly re-holster my weapon(s) every time I pop a node! :o

• 1 month later...
It's one of my favorite things about doing the CZ dailies, not having to constantly re-holster my weapon(s) every time I pop a node! :o

I wonder if there can be any hope that this will get fixed one day. It is a pretty silly looking bug to be sure.

Grant it, its probably not top on the list of importance.

Lol.. if they cannot fix this simple bug, which i have also had since i started over two year ago, then what hope do we have for them fixing the lag/ability delay?!! yeah lol i do not hold out much hope! my Sent also has a jump bug, that i have been trying to get them to fix for over two years, no matter how many tickets I put in, they just do not seem to listen to me, or any of us! This bug, although you may look kinda dorky lol, ain't as bad as a jump that takes you to another mob all together.. now try that for interesting lol because my companion will still go and attack the mob i was TRYING to jump to, red circle on the ground on one of the guys from that mob.. but the jump regularly goes wrong lol and i end up in the middle of another mob all together! tbh i don't think i've ever seen so many bugs! shame rly..