Free transfers for the new servers.

Yzhual

Why not?

Because first off you have to imagine this isnt one or two people out there that want to transfer it is quite alot.

So what happens when you let everyone just transfer wherever they want?

Logically where would a person on a dead server transfer to?

And that is why there shouldnt be a transfer

Now dont get me wrong I think they should take those servers and merge them and honestly I have no idea what they are waiting for

Restricted transfers wouldnt be bad either, but it would have to be done in such a way that it would be the same effect as the merger

Take the 5 least populated servers and merge them into the 2nd least popular servers. Then see where you stand and go about it this way until it evens out

No one should have to play on a low pop server, but at the same time I dont think they should get a free ticket to any server

Don't get me wrong either, back in age of conan when the servers were runing low in population, they opened free transfers to 1 or 2 characters max per account and not all the servers were open for transfer, but i had to lvl up a rep in tomb of freedom nad cos kai-kan is dead. So:

1- Merge empty servers.

2- Since there are mirror class, open transfer to the lowest populated side of a server, for example, my 2 imps ( mercenary and assassin ) from kai-kan to commando and shadow from ToFN reps.

No one should have to play on a low pop server, but at the same time I dont think they should get a free ticket to any server

Exactly, and they won't. If anything, the low pop servers will never get a free ride out. I imagine free rides would go to the overpopulated servers with restrictions to go TO an underpopulated server.

Letting people leave an underpopulated server only makes the problem even worse for that server. I also don't think that they will be merging or retiring servers anytime soon either.

Edited by JohnSixteen

Instead of giving only transfers to the new servers for Australia, allow to 1 or 2 FREE transfer to ANY server, since my 2 lvl's 50 imps are getting dust in Kai-kan cos it's EMPTY.

Because it's more important to get people playing on servers that are regional to them first.

Just opening up server transfers willy-nilly isn't going to solve any population problems- in fact it will make them much worse.

Lower population servers will become even worse as people transfer to high pop servers. Then those higher pop servers will start having queues.

Edited by iain_b

Take the 5 least populated servers and merge them into the 2nd least popular servers. Then see where you stand and go about it this way until it evens out

TBH this does sound like a better option. My server (Grand Master Zim) isn't a low pop server from what I've seen, but just finding one other Republic player to group with is becoming harder the closer I get to end game.

I'm beginning to seriously consider rerolling Empire. :( It's not that I hate the Empire, I just want to get the full tier 3 set on my JK before creating an alt.