A New Versus Series!

Aurbere

With the Kaggath Tournament coming to a close, I thought that I would introduce a new versus series (to debut after the Kaggath Finale).

This versus series is based off of the Jedi Temple Apprentice Tournament, a tournament in which thirty-two appprentices would demonstrate their skills to gain a potential master. I have taken the layout of the tournament, slightly tweaked it, and took it to the extreme. Instead of students battling each other, I have taken some of the best of all time and pitted them against each other. Of course I will be putting my own spin on it :p

I created this series because I have grown extremely tired of seeing incredibly lop-sided match-ups or the Sidious/Luke vs. so-and-so. Thus I have painstakingly studied dozens of characters and created a bracket of thirty two competitors, and made the battles as close as possible. Below are the competitors. I will not say who is fighting who. Keep that a surprise. :p

[REDACTED]

You may spot a few oddballs in the mix, but I have done my best to create the closest battles possible. You may also be wondering why characters like Yoda aren't in the mix. The reason for that is because it is very difficult to find characters to match or even beat them, without disrupting the flow of the tournament. I mean, if someone can beat Yoda, then he/she has a pretty high chance of winning. But don't fret. I plan to have multiple tournaments over time. So your favorite characters may make it in.

After the primary tournament comes to a close, I will host a losers tournament- a tournament in which the losers from the above list will battle. Once the losers champion has been decided, he/she will battle the winner of the primary torunament in an epic Grand Finale.

Predictions as to who will face who? Who do you think will win in the end?

Edited by Aurbere

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel as if some of these are gonna be incredibly one sided, just due to the fact based on showings/feats of some of them.

The later rounds probably, but I assure that I have tried to make the first round as close as possible. I will not be taking feats into account, because, when it gets down to it, all that matters is skill.

Shortly after the Kaggath Finale comes to a close.

Unless everyone wants it earlier?

Meh that is alright, should be over soon.

The later rounds probably, but I assure that I have tried to make the first round as close as possible. I will not be taking feats into account, because, when it gets down to it, all that matters is skill.

But...feats can show skill. XD

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Shortly after the Kaggath Finale comes to a close.

Unless everyone wants it earlier?

IMO the Kaggath has already been won by Traya, but they seem content to continue on, they could go on for another week, I don't know, it would be refreshing to debate something else.

EDIT: Could we also keep this as close to Dark vs Light as possible? makes debating these things far more approachable and doesn't fog up half these characters' abilities.

Edited by LadyKulvax

I feel as if some of these are gonna be incredibly one sided, just due to the fact based on showings/feats of some of them.

Maybe, but I think Aubere is good enough to match them so this won't happen, either it being a close match Like Bastilla vs Satele, or wether its with an odd environment or condition.

But...feats can show skill. XD

Well, let's say we are pitting Revan against Qui-Gon Jinn (not an actual match-up). Revan may have greater feats, but Qui-Gon has shown superior skill.

Edit: By 'feats' I don't mean feats like 'leading armies' or 'conquered half the galaxy' or 'killed a buch of people' I'll probably discuss dueling feats (one-on-one), but not feats that have no relation to the battle at hand.

Edited by Aurbere

IMO the Kaggath has already been won by Traya, but they seem content to continue on, they could go on for another week, I don't know, it would be refreshing to debate something else.

You're probably right, but I'll wait a bit to see what others think.

You're probably right, but I'll wait a bit to see what others think.

Start ASAP IMO..... I didn't want to jump into the Kaggath so late, so I feel left out :p

Then again, if you don't I could always jump in for Traya, seems Beni is trying to even the arguments out, and we can't let that happen now can we? :jawa_cool::rak_03:

Edited by Selenial

Well, let's say we are pitting Revan against Qui-Gon Jinn (not an actual match-up). Revan may have greater feats, but Qui-Gon has shown superior skill.

/shrug

Alright then...

Edit: Ya I was getting at 1 on 1 feats really..but we shall see the match ups.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Start ASAP IMO..... I didn't want to jump into the Kaggath so late, so I feel left out :p

Then again, if you don't I could always jump in for Traya, seems Beni is trying to even the arguments out, and we can't let that happen now can we? :jawa_cool::rak_03:

I have stopped posting now that things keep getting added every time G0-T0 starts losing ground, when I tried to introduce other elements of Traya's powerbase, I got shut down, apparently the comparisons between force users and the comparisons between bosses work very differently.

Do what you feel is best. I'm trying to figure out which match-up is first.

/shrug

Alright then...

Edit: Ya I was getting at 1 on 1 feats really..but we shall see the match ups.

I'm probably going to make adjustments to who will face who since I have not disclosed the actual matches yet.

If I hadn't said this already, I would like to just point out something. While I will try to make the first round of matches as close as possible, I cannot say the same for future rounds. Blame the brackets I guess.

If I hadn't said this already, I would like to just point out something. While I will try to make the first round of matches as close as possible, I cannot say the same for future rounds. Blame the brackets I guess.

Eh it'll happen eventually, no worries.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ooh! Sounds cool. However, a suggestion:

Perhaps not Vitiate: I mean, this guy is pretty OPed and I wouldn't find it hard to argue him beating pretty much everyone in this line-up. Also, the outcomes of all the battles he has been in have been inconclusive. Basically its difficult to pin down how powerful he actually is and all to easy to say he'll wipe the floor with everyone. But hey, your call.

Vitiate aside, these are the people I think have a chance of winning:

Malgus

Exar Kun

Vader

Kenobi

Traya

They seem to be the most powerful/cunning etc. IMO. But we shall see.

Ooh! Sounds cool. However, a suggestion:

Perhaps not Vitiate: I mean, this guy is pretty OPed and I wouldn't find it hard to argue him beating pretty much everyone in this line-up. Also, the outcomes of all the battles he has been in have been inconclusive. Basically its difficult to pin down how powerful he actually is and all to easy to say he'll wipe the floor with everyone. But hey, your call.

Vitiate aside, these are the people I think have a chance of winning:

Malgus

Exar Kun

Vader

Kenobi

Traya

They seem to be the most powerful/cunning etc. IMO. But we shall see.

Don't worry, I have put Vitiate in a battle that will push him to the limits. I knew it would be thus. I think Vitiate will get defeated in the first round (he also may be the only one to beat his opponent too), but if you (among others) think Vitiate should be removed, then I will do so.

Don't worry, I have put Vitiate in a battle that will push him to the limits. I knew it would be thus. I think Vitiate will get defeated in the first round (he also may be the only one to beat his opponent too), but if you (among others) think Vitiate should be removed, then I will do so.

He is alright, in the grand scheme of things.

Oh, so were having 'arenas' as well? That could be interesting.

But basically, all I'm saying, you have to be careful with Vitiate. Yes he relies on rituals and the like but he has on numerous occasions displayed incredible feats of dark side power.

But if your confident this won't be a problem, then by all means go for it.

I'm putting my money on Zannah. I am more of a Jedi fan than Sith, but she is one of my favorite Sith. I do have a question about Bane. Is this the Bane with or without those Obelisk things he "wore" for a while? Edited by Kilikaa