Force Points End Game - Switch Factions?

Wreckcenter

Been a long while since I've posted. What do people think of the idea about having the option for a Rank V Light Side Sith or Rank V Dark Side Jedi -- upon finishing their story and perhaps reaching level 50 -- start again on the opposite faction at level 1 with some sort of Legacy perk for switching (and maybe a title, like "the Redeemed" or "the Corrupted") Perhaps the Legacy perk would be allowing your character to use Dark Side items even though you're pure Light Side, and vice versa. Perhaps Dark Side or Light Side level based on the number of characters that have switched, to a maximum of 5.

I figure if you're a Jedi and you're going full on Dark Side, there's absolutely no way you'd be allowed to continue on as a Jedi Master. You'd 've been corrupted to the point of Sith anyway, might as well make the conversion.

Edited by Wreckcenter

Forum was titled Star Wars Discussion, and I was hoping to get a discussion about Star Wars. Guess I missed a subforum somewhere.

It's not just for Jedi, hence the vise versa. I was just giving an example. Even if allegiance is independent of alignment, I still don't think a Dark Side Jedi would get anywhere. As for Sith... I don't know. If they're a competent fighter, they could justify their actions by defeating anyone who challenges them; surround themselves with allies to keep them safe.

However, if there was an option to switch, personally I think it would be a cool idea.

Have you played a darkside jedi? or any story at all? why they would change their aliegance based on their dark/light side points?

does it make sense for you, to a light side inquisitor going fight for the republic against the empire? while the inquisitor story from a light side perspective is to change the empire within, into something better? not to mention she/he becomes dark council member... There isnt a single reason for any character class to change sides based on their stories.

Jedi kinght darkside? it still goes and defeats the emperor why would he/she join the empire?

I mean it makes no sense from a storyline perspective, wich is with in line this issue falls into "star wars discussion"

BUt for the sake of the argument, and looking at game mechanics and dynamics, an aliegence change of the player doesnt realy make much sense. It would have if this game was more of a sandbox at his heart, and it was built arround the factions and their development... but it isnt its built arround the character the player plays and its specific story, as well the stories that are shared within game.

while it is a cool feature, it doesnt have any room in this game or this kind of MMO. You might want to look at the new korean MMO Arche age. It might be more to your taste.

Edited by Spartanik

I suppose it doesn't make sense for this particular game since the overall story arch is fixed regardless of any choices.

No, I haven't played a Dark Side Jedi or Light Side Inquisitor yet. Yes, I have played Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior. I was extrapolating, obviously I was mistaken.

However, had the story arch not been set in stone, I still don't think the Jedi Council would allow a Dark Side Jedi anywhere near them or to influence the Republic's actions. And, yes, I do believe that they would change their allegiance (or, at least, not be sided with the Republic.) The Dark Side clouds your judgment and corrupts you. A Rank V Dark Side Jedi's goals and ambitions should be at complete odds with that of the Republic (YES, I realize that's not how it the story goes,) and neither the Jedi Council or the Republic would tolerate it.

I guess this would be more for the Star Wars lore than the game.

Also, I have zero interest in that MMO. I can't stand anime. I tried WoW for a few months that came with the game, didn't care for it. Star Wars is pretty much it for me.

Edited by Wreckcenter

However, had the story arch not been set in stone, I still don't think the Jedi Council would allow a Dark Side Jedi anywhere near them or to influence the Republic's actions. And, yes, I do believe that they would change their allegiance (or, at least, not be sided with the Republic.) The Dark Side clouds your judgment and corrupts you. A Rank V Dark Side Jedi's goals and ambitions should be at complete odds with that of the Republic (YES, I realize that's not how it the story goes,) and neither the Jedi Council or the Republic would tolerate it.

Well, this kind of relates to what Spartan was saying about how 'light side' and 'dark side' choices play out for the different classes. Hint: They don't fit neatly into 'good' and 'evil' descriptions.

A LS Inquisitor is not a Jedi in Sith clothing. They're still dedicated to furthering the dominance and ambitions of the Empire and the Sith, they just don't waste much time and energy on random acts of cruelty.

Similarly a DS Consular is not a proto-Sith. A lot of their 'dark side' options boil down to 'placing the greater good above the individual'.

A couple examples from the Consular storyline on Taris:

You come across a stranded expedition, there's a woman trapped on a platform that's about to go up in flames along with a bunch of old Jedi holocrons containing medical data that could save millions of lives. The Light Side option is to save the woman, the Dark Side option is to save the holocrons.

Then later, when you track the crazed Jedi Master to the Junction, you have the Light Side option to save a bunch of workers trapped in the Junction, or the Dark Side option to prevent the Junction from losing containment and spewing toxic chemicals all over the planet, thus risking thousands of lives.

Or basically, a LS Sith is not going to be perfectly at home with the Jedi, and a DS Jedi is not going to get a warm welcome from the Sith.

Edited by jovianus