Oceanic server announcement - Have your say Dalborra

XEEVA

I spent a bit of time browsing through the 3 APAC server forums this morning to see what the community thinks about the recent server merge announcement. It is clearly evident that most of the APAC player base is extremely annoyed about the decision and it is our time to voice a strong opinion.

Since the format of the forums makes it difficult to collect statistics on everyone's preference, I created a FB page with polls that we can use to collectively voice our opinion.

It is going to take bioware a while to finalise the tech plan to make the merges work, so I see that we have time to yell out and try and get this stopped.

http://www.facebook.com/SwtorOceanicServers

If you have any other poll suggestions. please post here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POLL Results current

Will the news about a forced move to the US servers make you unsub from the game

Yes 63%

No 37%

What would your solution to the server population issues be?

Merge all the APAC servers into one server - 91%

Allow a one time character transfer option for a server of your choice - 6%

Do Nothing, population is fine as it is - 2%

Merge APAC servers to US servers of the same type - 0%

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by XEEVA

I don't know if a facebook poll is the best way to go about it, but we can use this as a central hub I suppose. Don't come here and *****, just state your thoughts so that BW can see it. If they ignore it then so be it, but better to say it than not.

- Waited for months to get APAC servers post-launch, finally got them and it was amazing

- Now we're losing them again, incredibly disappointing

- Ping is going to be a huge issue for almost all residents, not just for PvP but for progression raiding as well

- Players will all lose their names, unless a system is created to keep them. This really sucks, especially for those of us that had our names from Day 1 of Early Access on Harbinger, then gave them up when we transferred to Dalborra. Apparently we're now being punished for that.

- Without unrealistic exaggeration, I would say that the discrepancy between those who will continue playing and those who will stop should this go through will probably be around half-half

Personally, I would rather have a centralised APAC server than none at all. A vast majority of the players from GD and MDN said they didnt care either and would transfer to Dalborra given the chance. Using the "RP players should be able to RP" etc excuse isn't very good. Offer US transfers for those that want them, and transfer everyone else to Dalborra. This solution provides everyone with what they want with minimal losses. Players that want decent population and low ping will get it, while people that want to go to specific high-pop US servers or want to remain on a PvP or RP server can also do that.

If this isn't a viable solution for financial reasons, or for any other reason for that matter, then please just tell us. I would rather be told things honestly and know that I'm getting screwed over because it's the smart business thing to do rather than because your company doesn't give a crap about what your players think.

Honestly what did you expect to happen? Bioware would actually merge all 3 APAC servers into one? Wasn't going to happen at all because firstly it wont "accustom" to everybodys playing desires which tqbh is a load of bs because the PvP server was like yeah sure better pop world pvp doesn't happen anyway but the RPers on the other hand nah nah nah lets keep emoting each in the cantina even though theres only 3 of us left its fine guys we don't need a merge.

So something finally happened with the APAC servers which other than transfers to a server of your choice this is the next best thing now everybody is complaining about it please just stop.

Ping is a major issue here.

MDN - average 33ms

Bastion - average 287ms

Also the other major issue is the timezone difference. At the time of writing the peak time on Bastion is now (7:40PM) but it is 10:40 AM locally. Most of us will be at work while the main population is playing. When I get home and log on, it will be around 3AM server time and who will I see online, just the Aussies with their **** Ping times as the US peeps will be asleep.

Ping is a major issue here.

MDN - average 33ms

Bastion - average 287ms

Also the other major issue is the timezone difference. At the time of writing the peak time on Bastion is now (7:40PM) but it is 10:40 AM locally. Most of us will be at work while the main population is playing. When I get home and log on, it will be around 3AM server time and who will I see online, just the Aussies with their **** Ping times as the US peeps will be asleep.

Well I live on the Gold Coast so I don't know about you but I have toons on The Bastion and I get 160-180 ms and even at 8pm aest The bastions PvP queues are faster than Dalborra and the Population is higher as well and with the merge of MDN it will be even higher.

Ping - harbinger 300m

Dalborra - 30 ms

YOU THINK THATS NOT GOING TO AFFECT OUR GAMEPLAY!!!!

You make us pay subscription to get full benefits, pre order the expac and you do this thing to us? really common.

I hope you don't merge to harbinger simply to SAVE money, because ping is going to be a issue and a lot of people will probably quit.

And to use Facebook as a way to get votes?? use something else.

yep i will unsub too,and demand my money back for pre-ordering the expansion,typical corporate ******** ,'the best for all concerned ''after extensive polling we decided this " etc .i hope the ceo's at bioware choke on their bonus packages ,which is what this whole merger boils down to .

It's pretty clear that EA/Bioware didn't give a damn about the player feedback they asked for, when, if you've been following the 300 page APAC consolidated thread, about 80+% were for an APAC server merge. It's all about not wanting to maintain a separate APAC server. Edited by Calvin_Mago

Why have they not designed a cross server game-play style that WoW provides.....REALITY..... because they are not willing to spend the money to invest in this, as our concerns as APAC subscribers mean nothing to them. WE ARE A MINORITY.

(WoW did this and surprise, surprise...... the game began to succeed with faster queue times, a higher population growth of happier gamers and eventually a dedicated Australian server was also formed. You think for a game that had millions spent on it, and for it to compete with the biggest MMO, Bioware and EA would have had this covered to help population issues among servers.... :rolleyes: )

I came from Harbinger like many of us Aussies did. I am getting 75-129mms on Dalborra atm and I dread to think what it will be on Harbinger upon transfer. Won't lag times increase even more when they shift everyone over there? Do people forget when you had to line in a queue of 200ppl for 30mins on a weekend to simply log in????

Looks like my assassin will now be turning into a rogue.....can't believe I never rolled one before when I played.

Check it b4 they wreck it...

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

'It's like paying money for a freshly cooked steak. Then a year and a bit later they start serving you 3 day old 'lag steak' for the same price.'

Why have they not designed a cross server game-play style that WoW provides.....REALITY..... because they are not willing to spend the money to invest in this, as our concerns as APAC subscribers mean nothing to them. WE ARE A MINORITY.

(WoW did this and surprise, surprise...... the game began to succeed with faster queue times, a higher population growth of happier gamers and eventually a dedicated Australian server was also formed. You think for a game that had millions spent on it, and for it to compete with the biggest MMO, Bioware and EA would have had this covered to help population issues among servers.... :rolleyes: )

I came from Harbinger like many of us Aussies did. I am getting 75-129mms on Dalborra atm and I dread to think what it will be on Harbinger upon transfer. Won't lag times increase even more when they shift everyone over there? Do people forget when you had to line in a queue of 200ppl for 30mins on a weekend to simply log in????

Looks like my assassin will now be turning into a rogue.....can't believe I never rolled one before when I played.

Check it b4 they wreck it...

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

'It's like paying money for a freshly cooked steak. Then a year and a bit later they start serving you 3 day old 'lag steak' for the same price.'

EA Nominated for the 2013 Worst Company in America Awardhttp://www.gamepolitics.com/2013/03/19/ea-nominated-2013-worst-company-america-award

If this stupid proposal goes ahead I will be cancelling my subscription and closing my account on the day Dalborra closes. I will also never pay another cent to Bioware or EA for any of their products again. If they think they can crap on us and still get any form of loyalty from us again, they are sadly mistaken. I'll go back to WoW til Elder Scrolls is ready.

• 1 month later...
If this stupid proposal goes ahead I will be cancelling my subscription and closing my account on the day Dalborra closes. I will also never pay another cent to Bioware or EA for any of their products again. If they think they can crap on us and still get any form of loyalty from us again, they are sadly mistaken. I'll go back to WoW til Elder Scrolls is ready.

I love this. Ill cancel my subscription and go running back to WoW. And what?

Play on a oceanic server with a ping of 200-300................... they might call it oceanic but the servers arn't in Australia.I have been playing on The Harbringa since the announcement and the ping isn't that bad. No worse then what I was getting on WoW, or Rift or Starcraft or Diablo

Just man up and deal with the fact that Bioware is shutting down the Aussie server and not because of population issues or any other nonsense reason. The reason they are shutting it down is because of COST!!!! Plain and simple. WoW in TBC considered opening Oceanic servers but Telstra wanted a stupid amount in hosting fees to do the deal. So unless EVERY player on the oceanic servers are willing to being Subs again Bioware (EA) are not going to foot the bill and run the game at a lose in Australia because we want to play the game for free and have a low ping.

BioWare is simply the game developer. They handle content, stories and mechanics. They make great single player games too, like Mass Effect, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age. Those games were awesome in terms of gaming experience and story, and frankly I don't thing I have too many bad things to say about those.

I honestly suggest you do NOT avoid the BioWare brand, just their MMO releases. EA has a tight grip onto those, since they handle the servers and pretty much everything else that doesn't have anything to do with actual gameplay(as far as I know).

Story is ****? Blame BioWare.

Service is ****? Blame EA.

Game is unbalanced? Blame BioWare.

Cartel pack is turning the game into P2W(it will eventually happen, mark my words, fair sheep of the mighty flock!)? Blame EA.

Just my 2 cents.

APAC Super Server.

but BW seem happy to screw over the entire region....

again(no server on launch)....

again(loss of character names on transfer to APAC, despite having them pre-made)... and

again(loss of names again on transfer to US server)

where was the large support of the community again ? I remember this was how SOE messed the game up as well by ignoring their own player based forums.

I've heard that they are cancelling the merge, can anyone confirm? deny?

Reasonably sure I can deny this. There has been no official word on them cancelling the merge. That's not to say it won't be cancelled, but at this point in time it is still going through (and personally I do not see that changing).