Imperial Trooper Armor

Grazzt

Hi there !

I'd really like to get a nice Imperial Soldier Armor for my Imperial Agent :rolleyes:

If i remember correctly, the Collector's Edition gave access to the Imperial Trooper Armor, but is this the only way to get this kind of armor ?

Is there maybe a Mission or a Flashpoint where you can get some nice-looking Imperial Armor (with the Sith emblem on it) ?

And if the Collector's Edition is the only way to get it, is it still available somehow, or was it only available in limited quantities at launch ?

Thanx for your help ;)

I don't know about the armor dropping anywhere, but you can still get the CE. I got mine on Amazon a couple of months ago.

Oh ok nice, and did it give access to the Imperial Trooper Armor ?

I already have the Digital Deluxe Edition, so how do you think it would work ? Would i have to apply a code somewhere to get the benefits from the Collector's Edition ?

Oh ok nice, and did it give access to the Imperial Trooper Armor ?

I already have the Digital Deluxe Edition, so how do you think it would work ? Would i have to apply a code somewhere to get the benefits from the Collector's Edition ?

as far as I know, that look is unique. It doesn't drop anywhere, certainly not for medium or light armor users.

It's adaptive, so anyone can use it.

Once you have the collectors edition, go into you account info to enter the code.

Cartel gear is adaptive, I believe. If something looks like what you want, you and always swap the mods out to match your stats.

Cartel gear is adaptive, I believe. If something looks like what you want, you and always swap the mods out to match your stats.

Yes, Cartel Gear is adaptative indeed, but as this Armor was released way before the switch to F2P and Cartel Market, i'm not sure if i'd be able to wear it as a Medium Armor guy ?

I think it's Social Armor though, so it should be ok, if anyone can confirm that ? :rolleyes:

Well, anyway, i just saw the Collector Edition on Amazon listed at about 100€ :eek:

That's a bit expensive just to get an Imperial Armor i think :p

So, do any of you know any Armor (even crafted) that kinda looks like an Imperial Soldier or Trooper ?

Yes, Cartel Gear is adaptative indeed, but as this Armor was released way before the switch to F2P and Cartel Market, i'm not sure if i'd be able to wear it as a Medium Armor guy ?

I think it's Social Armor though, so it should be ok, if anyone can confirm that ? :rolleyes:

Adaptive means anyone can wear it, and it becomes whatever your tune can use. So you can put on armor as a sith inquisitor (light) and when you don't like the look of it, put it on your tank companion (heavy)

I have a set on both my bounty hunter (heavy) and marauder (medium)

The imperial trooper gear is social armor, as well, but if you can't afford the price of a CE version, the cartel has lots of good choices. A tad expensive, I think, but cheaper than buying the CE version.

The imperial trooper gear is social armor, as well, but if you can't afford the price of a CE version, the cartel has lots of good choices. A tad expensive, I think, but cheaper than buying the CE version.

Well, it's not so much that i cant afford it, it's just that i think it's too expensive for the actual value you get from it ... If they would include a lifetime sub with it i'd buy it instantly though :rolleyes:

Anyway, i've looked into the Cartel gear, but did not find any "Imperial Soldier Armor", the only thing that kinda looks like it would be the Pilot Suit, but it lacks the Sith emblem on the shoulders :(

So, you're sure that there's no Imperial Armor-looking ingame ? Maybe from a Mission or a Flashpoint or PvP gear or something ?

Edited by Grazzt

As someone who has the Collector's Edition and had the digital deluxe before upgradding I'll answer all your questions.

First off, no there is no other armor other than the one from the Collector's Edition that is Imperial Trooper armor. There are Imperial officer armors and pilot armors, etc. But no drop or crafted item gives the look.

Second, it IS adaptive armor so any class can wear it.

Third, the digitial deluxe can FIND the Collector's Edition vendor, but can't speak to it (it'll say Collector's Edition required).

Fourth, look around on ebay. I got mine for like $30 bucks.

As someone who has the Collector's Edition and had the digital deluxe before upgradding I'll answer all your questions.

First off, no there is no other armor other than the one from the Collector's Edition that is Imperial Trooper armor. There are Imperial officer armors and pilot armors, etc. But no drop or crafted item gives the look.

Third, the digitial deluxe can FIND the Collector's Edition vendor, but can't speak to it (it'll say Collector's Edition required).

Ok, i guess that pretty much answers all of my questions :D

Just one last one maybe : if i wanna upgrade, i'll have to buy a new and never-before-used CE, right ? So the upgrade code would not have already been used before ?

Ok, i guess that pretty much answers all of my questions :D

Just one last one maybe : if i wanna upgrade, i'll have to buy a new and never-before-used CE, right ? So the upgrade code would not have already been used before ?

It'd be the safest way. Technically as long as the code wasn't used that it all you need, but you'd have to trust that somebody hasn't used the code. A sealed/new CE is probably safest.

You must have gotten it before 1.5 rolled out. They are almost double that at the moment. Still WAY less than I paid.

You must have gotten it before 1.5 rolled out. They are almost double that at the moment. Still WAY less than I paid.

Eh, just before. Not sure why the prices would be higher since the 1000 cartel coins offer is no longer valid. It also depends on lucky find. Most the ones I looked for were double that, I got lucky and found one that included the pre-order code (meh, hate black-cores but hate "you can't access this vendor" more) and the sealed CE.

So, thanks to your nice advices, i got my Collector's Edition for about 40€, received it yesterday, and i now am a proud Imperial Soldier !!

http://www.ultimatom.com/Kelek.jpg

Thanks again :D

Glad I could help :)

Ok, one very last question : with my Collector's Edition came a Security Key, which if i use i can access the Security Key vendor, which seems to sell a very nice Imperial Dancer outfit (Mako would look gorgeous in it i'm sure :D )

Now the question is, isnt it too much of a pain in the *** to use this key ? I mean, do you have to use it every single time you log ingame, and type a different code each time ?

Cos i'm the only one accessing my computer, so i'm not really sure i need a security key in the first place ... i'd like to get the outfits sold by the vendor thought, but not if it's too much of a hassle every time i log in :o

Ok, one very last question : with my Collector's Edition came a Security Key, which if i use i can access the Security Key vendor, which seems to sell a very nice Imperial Dancer outfit (Mako would look gorgeous in it i'm sure :D )

Now the question is, isnt it too much of a pain in the *** to use this key ? I mean, do you have to use it every single time you log ingame, and type a different code each time ?

Cos i'm the only one accessing my computer, so i'm not really sure i need a security key in the first place ... i'd like to get the outfits sold by the vendor thought, but not if it's too much of a hassle every time i log in :o

Yes, you would have to use the key every time you log in once you have the Security Key attached to your account. It's not really all that much of a hassle for me, though, compared to answering three security questions every time I try to log in. I play on two machines, one of which is a laptop I carry with me and play on from at least three different locations. I just keep it in my backpack in an old pencil case, right next to my mouse. Not hard to use, either: just push the button, then enter the pseudorandom number it generates. Be advised that it changes every thirty seconds, so type fairly quickly.

Yes, you would have to use the key every time you log in once you have the Security Key attached to your account. It's not really all that much of a hassle for me, though, compared to answering three security questions every time I try to log in. I play on two machines, one of which is a laptop I carry with me and play on from at least three different locations. I just keep it in my backpack in an old pencil case, right next to my mouse. Not hard to use, either: just push the button, then enter the pseudorandom number it generates. Be advised that it changes every thirty seconds, so type fairly quickly.

Oh ok ... well, thank you, i'll have to think about it then ...

Do you know if the stuff the Security Vendor sells (namely, the Imperial Dancer outfit) is available somewhere else too ??

Edited by Grazzt

• 2 months later...

They need to make a new set of armor for the rest of us. Color it white or black or all grey...whatever... and put it on the GTN.

Let the CE's keep their Grey and Red, call it Elite..whatever strokes their ego, but give us something.

Eh, just before. Not sure why the prices would be higher since the 1000 cartel coins offer is no longer valid. It also depends on lucky find. Most the ones I looked for were double that, I got lucky and found one that included the pre-order code (meh, hate black-cores but hate "you can't access this vendor" more) and the sealed CE.

Assuming one could be found, would the preorder code still be valid? Vaguely pondering the idea of getting a CE but wouldn't mind access to the fancy crystals either if I could find a working code for that too.

Edited by FizzwickNuffaa