Searching for the market

Dalwhat

Am I missing something? I never seem to be able to find a broker/galactic market booth. I do see them around in passing but when I go looking for them I can never seem to find them by searching on my map using the icon search. I've looked in Fleet (where I would have expected them) and I can't find one in Taris either. Are they quite rare? Because if so then that would explain why there appears to be very little for sale on them.

Also, when you pull up your map, on the bottom left there is an option to display only vendors or only skill trainers and most significantly only Galactic Trade Network kiosks.

The symbol for a GTN kiosk is the standard credit symbol #7 inside of a pentagon.

I feel your pain, I was level 16 before I figured this out. Defiantly make it a high priority to find them because the stuff you can get will really help.

Also, when you pull up your map, on the bottom left there is an option to display only vendors or only skill trainers and most significantly only Galactic Trade Network kiosks.

The symbol for a GTN kiosk is the standard credit symbol #7 inside of a pentagon.

I feel your pain, I was level 16 before I figured this out. Defiantly make it a high priority to find them because the stuff you can get will really help.

Yeah I've used that but the kiosks still don't show up in Fleet, at least for me that is...maybe I wasn't close enough?

Map icon display is another pet peeve of mine in this game. Unless you're on the exact same level as the item you're looking for (vendor, mailbox, kiosk), they won't show up on the large map. So if you walk down a short flight of stairs or a ramp (Dromund Kaas is notorious for this with its many levels), you won't be able to find anything unless you know where to look.

Also, I make it a habit to zoom out as far as possible on my minimap.

Map icon display is another pet peeve of mine in this game. Unless you're on the exact same level as the item you're looking for (vendor, mailbox, kiosk), they won't show up on the large map. So if you walk down a short flight of stairs or a ramp (Dromund Kaas is notorious for this with its many levels), you won't be able to find anything unless you know where to look.

Also, I make it a habit to zoom out as far as possible on my minimap.

I had the same problem in Coruscant. The market is a bit below the main level, and turning on the map makers doesn't show them.