Un-Cool

guitarwiz

Being a fairly new player myself I've made a few mistakes along the way. Usually people are kind enough to point you in the right direction, and we learn from our mistakes.

I've had a couple of un-cool things happen to me over the past couple of days, and I'd like to share them in hopes that it will help to make the game enjoyable for everyone. I notice that it happens more frequently on the lower levels, so it's more forgivable than someone that's been around awhile.

Un-cool item #1 - This is an MMO...and a lot of people are working on the same quests. If you see a guy fighting a powerful adversary next to a flashing blue console, "Don't sneak in and click on it." I was there first and it's not your turn. This is considered stealing. In some countries they cut off your hand for theft. Very un-cool. :mad:

Un-cool item #2 - See un-cool item # 1. During heroic missions wait until the first group has finished the fight before you activate the console. Too many times have I been near death only to have the boss re-spawn and finish me off .:eek: It's only common courtesy, so please be courtesies.

Item #3 - It's not really an un-cool item, but it also stems on being courtesies. "Buffs" If you receive a buff from another player it's usually customary to return the favor. If you don't know how to do it. All you have to do is click on the player and hit your buff.

Thanks for reading and may the force be with you. ;)

Being a fairly new player myself I've made a few mistakes along the way. Usually people are kind enough to point you in the right direction, and we learn from our mistakes.

I've had a couple of un-cool things happen to me over the past couple of days, and I'd like to share them in hopes that it will help to make the game enjoyable for everyone. I notice that it happens more frequently on the lower levels, so it's more forgivable than someone that's been around awhile.

Un-cool item #1 - This is an MMO...and a lot of people are working on the same quests. If you see a guy fighting a powerful adversary next to a flashing blue console, "Don't sneak in and click on it." I was there first and it's not your turn. This is considered stealing. In some countries they cut off your hand for theft. Very un-cool. :mad:

Un-cool item #2 - See un-cool item # 1. During heroic missions wait until the first group has finished the fight before you activate the console. Too many times have I been near death only to have the boss re-spawn and finish me off .:eek: It's only common courtesy, so please be courtesies.

Item #3 - It's not really an un-cool item, but it also stems on being courtesies. "Buffs" If you receive a buff from another player it's usually customary to return the favor. If you don't know how to do it. All you have to do is click on the player and hit your buff.

1 and 2 - There will always be jerks out there.

3 - I'm not a fast clicker and if you drive in my direction, it is very likely, that I don't get you in my target.

1 and 2 - There will always be jerks out there.

3 - I'm not a fast clicker and if you drive in my direction, it is very likely, that I don't get you in my target.

1 & 2 agreed. You can mitigate some of it by clicking the glowy box first - send your companion in against the target or CC it, click the box and then engage the mob. It's annoying I know but there is no way to stop a jerk all you can do is preempt them.

3 again agreed. If I see you buff me I will try to return the favor but do not be surprised when I don't :o

1-2 I agree with as that is that polite way to do things.

3. The person could be afk or talking in guild chat or didn't even notice you giving them a buff. Some of the players automatically have all the buffs (they have 4 of the characters{inquisitor/counsular, smuggler/agent, trooper/bounty hunter, or jedi knight/sith warrior} that give the buffs) so they didn't notice that you gave them a buff.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

1 - Always loot the quest item/ the chest right away, even if it means turning your back on the mobs and taking some hits. You will survive anyway, and if you don't do this you almost have a 100% risk someone will steal your item, I learned this the hard way...

3 - Been guilty of that because I don't always pay attention to what other people are doing, as I really like watching the cutscenes and hiting the esc key to explore every possible option in conversations.

There has been countless threads on ninja'ing objectives. In theory you're correct and would be nice if everyone had the same mores. In reality this will always happen but you can learn to protect yourself from it. Send in your companion to grab aggro first, then you go imminently to the objective/chest. Only after you get your loot/credit for the objective should you engage the enemy.

As far as buff, yes you're correct in a sense but don't buff only because you expect them to reciprocate. Buff because you want to be helpful. Think of it as paying it forward. For example, if I'm on my speeder and get buffed I generally won't stop, dismount, buff, mount and proceed on my way. On the other side I do lot of drive-by buffing on other's whom are flying by me. I don't expect them to stop for the same reasons. Other times they may only have one toon, one buff and you may already have that one.

If you're in a WZ/pvp then you should always throw your buff out there at random times after it started. Teammates are always dying and respawning at different times so to make sure everyone it buffed, mix it in. It's easier to buff group members because so long as your all within 30m, they will get it. You don't have to target them individually like you do in open world/not grouped.

Edited by Ridickilis

Loot or click the item you need first.

Case in point: the Cache boxes in Black Hole, if you're fighting the mobs and the box is blue to me, I'm clicking it, because I can't tell if you're on the 1st stage or the box stage.

Now normal questing is different, if you've fought your way to a boss or a clickable panel, I'll wait my turn.

Black Hole daily's though.. .those boxes are fair game, so loot first then kill :)

Loot or click the item you need first.

Case in point: the Cache boxes in Black Hole, if you're fighting the mobs and the box is blue to me, I'm clicking it, because I can't tell if you're on the 1st stage or the box stage.

Now normal questing is different, if you've fought your way to a boss or a clickable panel, I'll wait my turn.

Black Hole daily's though.. .those boxes are fair game, so loot first then kill :)

Really!? You think this is okay??

I learned my lesson very late at Black Hole last week. It was shortly after maintenance, 6pm, we all couldn't play for a long time and we all wanted to get our stuff done and some people repeatedly stole those caches. That is not cool. Not cool at all. I put everyone who did this on my ignore, because I certainly don't want to participate in a FP or Op with a person who does stuff like that. Who tells me this person also won't ninja gear? I don't know, but it's better to be on the safe side, eh?

But what am I supposed to do if I specifically chose this group of mobs and only need to kill one last mob for the next bonus quest to activate? The cache is only getting blue when I'm done killing it and since I got there first the cache is mine for the next few seconds. Really irritating this behaviour. If I'm standing right next to it and fighting mobs = it's mine and if you don't accept that I put you on ignore.

Add on, if your a high level character on a low level world, whats the point of crushing some guy at half the level that you are and then just sitting there and waiting for them to come back to life so you can kill them again.

Its not like a level 20 character is even going to scratch your paint on your armor or put up a fight. It gets boring after a while

Add on, if your a high level character on a low level world, whats the point of crushing some guy at half the level that you are and then just sitting there and waiting for them to come back to life so you can kill them again.

Its not like a level 20 character is even going to scratch your paint on your armor or put up a fight. It gets boring after a while

If someone is doing that, they are more than likely farming mats, or comms.

Crafting can be expensive. Some lower level mats go for 2k each, so it's economical to farm your own if you're trying to make a profit on leveling gear.

Commendation vendor mods are BOE so it's not unheard of to go back and farm commendations to buy an alt gear from the next planet on the list. That way the gear stays current, rather than buying gear that's 3-4 levels out of date by the time you have enough comms saved up to buy what you need.

There are only 3 reasons I crush some lowbie.

1. They attacked me first, if someone is so dumb they deserve it.

2. They drive around in the open pvp area on Tatooine, it is specificaly made for pvp, I'm farming my comms between wz's and you should be aware of the fat red announcement you get on entering the area.

3. They attacked a friend of mine or crushed (from their point of view) a lowbie, I just return the favor

Courteous is the word you are looking for.

Just click on the blue item first, then defeat the boss or the mobs!

If you don't want me to "steal", then don't take so long on the mobs and stop hogging the blue item. If there's very few or only one of that item, then the rest of us are waiting after you - not cool.

There are only 3 reasons I crush some lowbie.

1. They attacked me first, if someone is so dumb they deserve it.

2. They drive around in the open pvp area on Tatooine, it is specificaly made for pvp, I'm farming my comms between wz's and you should be aware of the fat red announcement you get on entering the area.

3. They attacked a friend of mine or crushed (from their point of view) a lowbie, I just return the favor

I was focused on a pve quest on Tatooine in the area with all of the Tuskens. I rarely attack anyone anymore even if its one of my level 50's. I'm mostly PVE.

There were a group of about 4 of these level 50's sitting in that area, just killing everything. I didn't know they were there (stealthed) but they jumped me when I was fighting a mob, its not the first time its happened. So they kill you (my character was about a level 27 I think) and then camp by you waiting for you to revive, in other words it was just a huge waste of time, I couldn't get on and finish my quests that night.

I've seen it a lot more lately, I assume its bored level 50 guys with massive armor stats rumbling from planet to planet beating people up.

Its kinda frustrating. In one case I got killed off and the guy stood over me and whispered "I'll leeave you alone now" great I want to finish my quest. So I revive he leaves, even better. I go to engage a mob again and the bastard jumps me mid flight kills me and whispers "sucker". So I teleported back to a medical station shut down the game and left it alone for a couple of weeks.

Its little things like that that ruin the experience.

I was focused on a pve quest on Tatooine in the area with all of the Tuskens. I rarely attack anyone anymore even if its one of my level 50's. I'm mostly PVE.

There were a group of about 4 of these level 50's sitting in that area, just killing everything. I didn't know they were there (stealthed) but they jumped me when I was fighting a mob, its not the first time its happened. So they kill you (my character was about a level 27 I think) and then camp by you waiting for you to revive, in other words it was just a huge waste of time, I couldn't get on and finish my quests that night.

I've seen it a lot more lately, I assume its bored level 50 guys with massive armor stats rumbling from planet to planet beating people up.

Its kinda frustrating. In one case I got killed off and the guy stood over me and whispered "I'll leeave you alone now" great I want to finish my quest. So I revive he leaves, even better. I go to engage a mob again and the bastard jumps me mid flight kills me and whispers "sucker". So I teleported back to a medical station shut down the game and left it alone for a couple of weeks.

Its little things like that that ruin the experience.

I'm sorry to hear that such lowbobs exist on every server.

My list just applies how I handle lowchars, other lvl 50 handle it otherwise.

I generally hate this as a catch-all but I do believe it applies here, re-roll on a pve server if you don't want to get ganked.

That's life on a pvp server. Yes it would be nice if people would be 'honorable' and only go after enemy players that were within a certain level. But then, how would you feel when you get jumped by 3 players who are all within your level who happen to be doing missions in the same area? Pretty much the same thing. The opposite side of that coin is you can call out in chat "hey guys we have 3 50's ganking lowbies at the czerka base. Can we get some help here?" More often than not you'll find plenty of your own faction's 50s jumping at the chance for an open world rumble.

So long as they aren't camping medcenters/respawn points it's perfectly acceptable. As per the pvp server rules it's not considered griefing or hindering another players advancement.

Edited by Ridickilis

You have two options when getting ganked by a much higher level player.

1. Announce it in General chat

2. Ask (in General) for anyone who might be going to fleet to announce it on fleet in general

and hope there are players who are close enough (or higher) in level and willing to provide some payback.

Most of those consoles respawn in about 30 seconds, I am not going to wait around for you to kill an elite and then click on the console while I twiddle my fingers. If it is a chest sure I will let you have it but those quest targets respawn ridiculously fast and many of them are usuable simultaneously.

The one that gets me is the people who group for Heroic quests and pinch items that are not suitable (it happen to me last night playing one with me as a sentinel, 2 troopers and a consular, the consular nicked the armour off the final boss dispite it being a aim item and just stating companion gear without any appologies. there were no items suitable for me in the entire quest so I selected greed on everything)