Character Transfers & Reputation

yungcurlz

Hello,

I couldn't find a concise answer on this on the forums. Sorry if there was a thread about it that I may have missed.

I resubbed a couple weeks ago to find that Pot5 was dead-ish. I started playing on JC with the intent of transferring my main from Pot5 (Legacy level 25) over to JC (starting at 0), but the transfers were down for a while. In this time, I managed to get my JC legacy level up to 24 (lol) and accumulated a bunch of rep between several new characters.

I have a few questions regarding this transfer:

1. What happens with Reputation upon transferring? Will Rep combine between legacies or will it just go with the highest rep out of the two? If it's the latter, I feel kind of dumb having wasted so many rep tokens on the new legacy.

2. How does the weekly Rep cap factor in? I've already decided to wait until the cap resets (Tuesday afternoon?), but I was curious about this. Hypothetically, if I hit the cap on my Pot5 toon and transfer it over to JC, will I be capped on JC until it resets?

Additionally, does anyone have any suggestions of things to do before transferring a toon? For instance, transferring basic comms via legacy storage, cleaning out mailbox/GTN listings, etc.

Thanks! :)

1. What happens with Reputation upon transferring? Will Rep combine between legacies or will it just go with the highest rep out of the two? If it's the latter, I feel kind of dumb having wasted so many rep tokens on the new legacy.

Two legacies will be combined, you will keep the higher thing (achievements, reputation, unlocks etc.) from each, that includes reputation.

2. How does the weekly Rep cap factor in? I've already decided to wait until the cap resets (Tuesday afternoon?), but I was curious about this. Hypothetically, if I hit the cap on my Pot5 toon and transfer it over to JC, will I be capped on JC until it resets?

Not sure, but I will presume that the cap will be transferred with the "winning" higher legacy. So if you have higher reputation with XY and hit the cap on server A, on server B the cap will be still in place.

Additionally, does anyone have any suggestions of things to do before transferring a toon? For instance, transferring basic comms via legacy storage, cleaning out mailbox/GTN listings, etc.

Clear GTN listings. Mail. Content of legacy bank is not transferred, so if you want something with you, move it to the inventory or cargo bay.