Which Race(s) would you like to see added after Togruta?

Anaesha

I really wish these forums allowed for the creation of polls but since they don't this will have to do.

http://vote.pollcode.com/58979398

You may also post races that are not on the poll here but please keep in mind your race must follow the criteria below.

1) must speak basic

2) must be able to be romanced

3) must work for all classes and work with all companions

4) must work with all existing armor

Descriptions of the races courtesy of Oddball :D

Nautolan

Farghul

Zeltron

Mon Calamari

Kel Dor

Kaleesh

Bothan

Rhodian

Edited by Anaesha

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voss.

I like how they look but I doubt they will be made playable considering they are part of the class stories and it would be hard to explain how they became one of the 8 classes when the voss as far as I know don't leave their planet.

Kel'dor

Nautolan

Kel'dor being the selling point for me wanting this game in the first place when it was first advertised :-P then a swift kick in the nuts to find out it wasn't a playable race in game on the BETA's/launch :(

Nogrhi..

because the OP's rules really are kinda silly. The armor already fits multiple sized and shaped humanoids so technically even Jawa's would work...

The only issue is romance but guess what.... news flash.... NOT EVERY PLAYER WANTS TO ROMANCE!!! Some want to play the "true" professional.

So how that = a BW rule is beyond me.

Edited by Ghisallo

I wouldn't get too hung up on the idea of Kel Dor being playable. I like them too, and they would probably be my number one pick. However, they run into a bit of an issue with four fingers, and a mouth that's not kissable. I guess it's possible, and it's something I would love to see, but I think Nautolans are far more likely.

Nogrhi..

because the OP's rules really are kinda silly. The armor already fits multiple sized and shaped humanoids so technically even Jawa's would work...

The only issue is romance but guess what.... news flash.... NOT EVERY PLAYER WANTS TO ROMANCE!!! Some want to play the "true" professional.

So how that = a BW rule is beyond me.

It's a BW Rule because they can't say "If you play this race, all romances and flirt options will be locked off from you."

They don't have the tech to do that.

So all races have to be romanceable.

It's a BW Rule because they can't say "If you play this race, all romances and flirt options will be locked off from you."

They don't have the tech to do that.

So all races have to be romanceable.

Being someone who doesn't care one bit about romance options I have to ask. Why are they not romanceable? I find that limitation to be particularly ridiculous and close-minded.

Also what is this magic tech you speak of?

An if - then - else statement?

Being someone who doesn't care one bit about romance options I have to ask. Why are they not romanceable? I find that limitation to be particularly ridiculous and close-minded.

I suspect they're not romanceable because they're not kissable. They don't have the right kind of mouth. I know that it's not like BioWare kisses are particularly well animated anyway, but it is what it is.

They're also reptilian, which means they probably can't create half-breeds with humans and near-humans, which would invalidate some of the romance dialogue spoken by companions who talk about having kids.

But it's really not close-minded at all. Because all player races have to be equally capable in those respects.

Also what is this magic tech you speak of?

An if - then - else statement?

Pretty much, yeah. I'm not saying it couldn't be done. Could they code it? Sure. Are they going to? I can't answer that. Only the line managers and producers can decide what does or doesn't get scripted.

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

I suspect they're not romanceable because they're not kissable. They don't have the right kind of mouth. I know that it's not like BioWare kisses are particularly well animated anyway, but it is what it is.

They're also reptilian, which means they probably can't create half-breeds with humans and near-humans, which would invalidate some of the romance dialogue spoken by companions who talk about having kids.

But it's really not close-minded at all. Because all player races have to be equally capable in those respects.

Pretty much, yeah. I'm not saying it couldn't be done. Could they code it? Sure. Are they going to? I can't answer that. Only the line managers and producers can decide what does or doesn't get scripted.

Ah I see. So poor planning and lack of forethought be the Bioware head shed. That's becoming something of a recurring theme.

Would definitely have to be Nautolans, for me.

Though I know this was on of the 3 most popular in BioWare's own assessment, I would much rather see Kel Dor, if they can make the heads work with hoods. That is probably one of the main armor problems. Kel Dor mask under Jedi hood = bada**.

As far as romance goes, there are so many silly things already in cutscenes with CM armor I don't think it's a big deal if a player romance involves kissing with a mask - they can currently basically kiss a droid head. It's such a minor part of the game that it shouldn't restrict a cool species from being implemented.

All that said, the main species that wasn't included I've wanted to play since launch is confirmed as coming this year. I plan to change my female guardian when it is released, maybe level a scoundrel (the only Rep AC I haven't done) with it.

A second vote for me would be Rodian. The same problem may exist in cutscenes with their extended mouth, but that is something only BW knows. Rodians most certainly speak basic, are integral to basic SW lore, and all animations and the vast majority of armor would work on them (masks being the only real problem most likely).

For ROI, BW would do well to introduce new species - the folks who are really "hardcore" SWTOR players and not leaving pay their subs and some of them buy lots of cartel coins. Having new species to roll new characters with keeps them playing.

Edited by arunav