Mobile Security Key

Orazzal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K this is my question about the mobile key. i see its a free APP but u have to pay for the little authitcator ? so I assume ustill pay for it on the phone just a free download i ask because i will be a future owner of updated phone soon

from what i can tell, the app is not the key itself, its used in conjunction with the thob.

the thob itself has a 7 digit serial on the back, and clearly that is what the app wants. so its basically to be able to use your phone rather then the thob but you still neet to actually own a thob

as far as i can tell

ok, I've downloaded the app and when i open it it asks for my 7 digit code, I don't know where to go to get a code. anyone know?

i got the same problem and been reading up on how to get this serial

press the icon that's named "information" the "information" icon should be on the bottom right corner as it's shown on every picture i've seen, the only problem in my app is that i dont have any icons at all and guessing u got the same issue

Edited by DrZynx

Something is not setup correctly or the instructions are not correct. I cannot find the mobile serial number anywhere.

The VASCO mobile app is backwards from their physical keys (and the Battle.net mobile app). Instead of having a serial # in the app, the serial # comes from the website. You get it when you go to link the mobile app on the SWTOR website. If you don't get a serial # plus another longer code when you go to link, you either picked the wrong option or the website is bugged (try refreshing).

Honestly, I can see why Blizzard wrote their own mobile app rather than just branding the VASCO app. The VASCO app is pretty badly designed, even if it gets the job done.

From the Faq page

For the Mobile Security Key, the serial number is assigned to you when you set up your mobile security key. To view it, launch the app, click the “Information” icon, click “Security Key Information” and the number will be listed under “Serial number”.

From the Faq page

For the Mobile Security Key, the serial number is assigned to you when you set up your mobile security key. To view it, launch the app, click the “Information” icon, click “Security Key Information” and the number will be listed under “Serial number”.

Yes, Captain, we're well aware of what the FAQ says. If you'd actually attempted to perform the action, you'd realize why we're still asking. The FAQ is wrong. We appreciate your attempt to be snarky, however.

Edited by pexor

Yes, Captain, we're well aware of what the FAQ says. If you'd actually attempted to perform the action, you'd realize why we're still asking. The FAQ is wrong. We appreciate your attempt to be snarky, however.

dude read my previous post be4 getting all hot in ur pants.

and on the security key page u can only set up a physical key wich is stupid

Edited by DrZynx

here's something some1 that got it to work said but it makes no sense to me

The app works great; it's the SWTOR website that's having issues.

1. Download app

2. Login to SWTOR.com on your computer

3. Go to the security key page

4. If you don't see a serial number and confirmation code, or if it's asking your FOR those, hit refresh a few times until the codes show up

5. Type your serial into the app and press OK

6. On the next page, type the confirmation code into the activation code box on the app and press OK

7. Type in the security code from your app into the box on your account web page and click save

My account is activated, and I still cannot get this set up. I download the app and I am prompted to for a 7 digit serial number. I cannot find this serial number on my account anywhere. I only have an option to set up physical keys, I can click the link to go to the app on the apple app store, but still get no serial number....

The app currently has problems. Read the CSR post here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=24206&page=3

It does NOT need the physical key to work. That is a separate authenticator.

If (when available again) it works the same way it did before they yanked it, the two codes you enter into the app can be found under your account here at swtor.com, once you click the link to add a mobile security key.

-HM

here's something some1 that got it to work said but it makes no sense to me

The app works great; it's the SWTOR website that's having issues.

1. Download app

2. Login to SWTOR.com on your computer

3. Go to the security key page

4. If you don't see a serial number and confirmation code, or if it's asking your FOR those, hit refresh a few times until the codes show up

5. Type your serial into the app and press OK

6. On the next page, type the confirmation code into the activation code box on the app and press OK

7. Type in the security code from your app into the box on your account web page and click save

I downloaded the app last night however didnt link it at the time as I wasnt at home so couldnt log in to test it.

However last night after logging into the web site, hitting My Account and selecting the Security Key option on the right I was presented with 3 choices.

1) Attach Mobile authenticator to my account

2) Attach Physical authenticator to my account

3) Link a previously setup physical authenticator to my account

On selecting option 1 I was presented with the code to enter into the app to pair it to my account.

Now I am here ready to link the services however doing the above I only see options 2&3. There is no longer an option to attach the mobile authenticator to my account.

If you guys go to the security key section do you see the above 3 options or just the 2 regarding the physical keyfob that I see now?

Edit: Thanks for that link Hollow_man.. now its making more sense

Edited by mithrellas

From what I have seen, we have to purchase the physical item first. The serial number is on the back. I will update this when Ii get it in about a week.

No, the physical item is a separate method. Once they fix the problems they are having with the downloadable app, it works just fine. No physical device necessary.

Trust me...I have it and it works.

-HM