What will happen to: Ashoka, Ventress & Maul?

Beniboybling

With Season 6 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars seeming an unlikely prospect, I'm beginning to doubt whether the series will ever resolve the fates of these characters anytime soon. Character's I've highlighted for several reasons:

1. Thanks to the series they've become integral aspects of the Star Wars Universe and much loved characters. Not the sort of stories you can just 'leave'.

2. There stories have peaked and reached cliffhangers. Ashoka has left the Jedi Order and her fate is unknown, we don't know where she goes, what she does, and whether she survives Order 66. Ventress has abandoned her past as a Sith apprentice and seems to be on the road to moral recovery, she's become a bounty hunter, and yet similar questions to that of Ashoka apply. Maul's story is the most mysterious of all, after being defeated by his master he disappears with Sidious claiming he has 'other uses' for him. What could these possibly be?

3. The Sequel Trilogy is on its way, and new heroes and villains are needed. Could Ashoka, Ventress and Maul fulfill these roles? One rumor mentions a disciple of the Emperor attempting to form a new Empire, could Maul fit this role?

Thoughts?

It would be kinda cheap, if they just re used characters for the new movies instead of making up new ones. But..meh...perhaps a few novels, or comics will cover what happens to them. Or they could just come in the new movies, though that might cause the general audience to go "***" at Maul cause not everyone checks in with the EU. I don't think its rather wise to include them in, otherwise lots of people are gonna be confused as to where were these characters appeared in the movies beforehand, especially if they start referencing Anakin and Obi-Wan and all that noise. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Darth Maul and Ahsoka should get their own games. Heck, I might even play a game with Ventress if she got lightsabers. For Ahsoka, I think it would be obvious. Surviving the Jedi Purge or something like that. She's on a quest to discover who the new Sith is and find a way to defeat them. Along the way she discovers more about herself. I imagine it being something similar to TFU.

Darth Maul on the other hand would be an underground assassin for Sidious ensuring governments and seedy elements in the galaxy stay in line where Vader and the 501st cannot reach.

Likely, this will not happen but they have so much they could do for these characters than just abandon them. At least give them a comic.

It would be pretty lame to include these three in the future movies. People who don't follow TCW or the EU will freak out over seeing Maul alive, and will be confused over the identities of Ahsoka and Ventress.

The new movies should have new characters, not stretch for old ones. The big three make sense, but it doesn't make much sense to bring in Maul, Ahsoka and Ventress.

Assuming Season 6 is the last season, then I think Maul and Ventress will have story conclusions. Ahsoka? I'm not sure. I assume Obi-Wan will probably finish off Maul, and Ventress will have a similar ending to her previous canon ending (at least for the Clone Wars era).

Maybe Dooku will end up killing Maul? Would be a nice apprenticeship test for Dooku, even though we all know he has no future with Sidious.

It would be pretty lame to include these three in the future movies. People who don't follow TCW or the EU will freak out over seeing Maul alive, and will be confused over the identities of Ahsoka and Ventress.

The new movies should have new characters, not stretch for old ones. The big three make sense, but it doesn't make much sense to bring in Maul, Ahsoka and Ventress.

Assuming Season 6 is the last season, then I think Maul and Ventress will have story conclusions. Ahsoka? I'm not sure. I assume Obi-Wan will probably finish off Maul, and Ventress will have a similar ending to her previous canon ending (at least for the Clone Wars era).

Maybe Dooku will end up killing Maul? Would be a nice apprenticeship test for Dooku, even though we all know he has no future with Sidious.

Obi-Wan cuts Maul in half again! :p But also a duel between Maul and Dooku would be a nice wrap up too.

I guess I agree that Maul and Ventress appearing in the Sequels would be strange, but perhaps not Ashoka. Then again Ventress was once an EU character and I didn't feel alienated when I first saw her on screen in TCW movie. I think it could work. After all, isn't it just another EU character being injected into G-Canon? As long as they don't make the assumption the audience have seen the Clone Wars it could work.

But then again, if its 60 years on they will all be far too old/dead. But I doubt it will be, since the big three would be deceased as well, or just really really old.

P.S. I really don't think were going to see Season 6 any time soon. I think Filoni and co. where planning one and possibly a lot more but Disney came along and shut the whole operation down. What Filoni said about 'I think its time to wind the series down' is likely not what he really thinks...

Isn't there still going to be TCW episodes just not on TV?...
Yeah but its been described as 'bonus content' not 'Season 6', how many episodes that entails I don't know. This is why I'm concerned for the fates of these characters, because I have doubts they will all be resolved.

Obi-Wan cuts Maul in half again! :p But also a duel between Maul and Dooku would be a nice wrap up too.

Cut him the right direction this time though, vertical bisection, FTW. I'd like to see that tattooed punk recover from that!

But then again, if its 60 years on they will all be far too old/dead. But I doubt it will be, since the big three would be deceased as well, or just really really old.

Odds are, the sequels will be set 30-40 years after the originals. This is because the "Big Three" would match that age perfectly, and it would allow their children/apprentices to have grown up and be the protagonists.

I guess I agree that Maul and Ventress appearing in the Sequels would be strange, but perhaps not Ashoka. Then again Ventress was once an EU character and I didn't feel alienated when I first saw her on screen in TCW movie. I think it could work. After all, isn't it just another EU character being injected into G-Canon? As long as they don't make the assumption the audience have seen the Clone Wars it could work.

Clearly, Sidious is going to use Ray Park, er... Darth Maul, as an underground break dancer to build up street cred for the Sith on the swoop racing tracks and other underground venues.

Ventress probably dies, although she might train some kind of crazy cabal of Jedi hating Force loonies.

Edited by Ventessel

With Season 6 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars seeming an unlikely prospect, I'm beginning to doubt whether the series will ever resolve the fates of these characters anytime soon. Character's I've highlighted for several reasons:

1. Thanks to the series they've become integral aspects of the Star Wars Universe and much loved characters. Not the sort of stories you can just 'leave'.

2. There stories have peaked and reached cliffhangers. Ashoka has left the Jedi Order and her fate is unknown, we don't know where she goes, what she does, and whether she survives Order 66. Ventress has abandoned her past as a Sith apprentice and seems to be on the road to moral recovery, she's become a bounty hunter, and yet similar questions to that of Ashoka apply. Maul's story is the most mysterious of all, after being defeated by his master he disappears with Sidious claiming he has 'other uses' for him. What could these possibly be?

3. The Sequel Trilogy is on its way, and new heroes and villains are needed. Could Ashoka, Ventress and Maul fulfill these roles? One rumor mentions a disciple of the Emperor attempting to form a new Empire, could Maul fit this role?

Thoughts?

I could entertain your theory on Maul considering how we witness his turn from the single-minded, mouth-frothing "Must Kill Kenobi" creature to a player in a wider scheme when trying to build a criminal empire... to kill Kenobi with.

It would almost be fitting that the "further uses" involved him secretly training a legion of Sith somewhere off in the unknown sector for a rise against the Republic, only he never got the call and finds out Palps is dead and launches his own campaign.

Maul isn't smart enough to create a new Empire, or even a new league of Sith. Unless its just a mindless "kill dem darn jedi" group. Which if they based a movie off that, then FTS.

When are people gonna accept him for what he really was? A force-using errand boy. An assassin Palpatine never really intended to be a true apprentice. I don't even think his Darth title was ever even legitimate.

When are people gonna accept him for what he really was? A force-using errand boy. An assassin Palpatine never really intended to be a true apprentice. I don't even think his Darth title was ever even legitimate.

Even that title was reflective of his true uses. A maul is a heavy club or bludgeoning implement. That's what he was, a bat the Palpatine swung around.

Then he broke loose after his "death" (I am forced to accept that he lived, but still suspect he's a figment of Kenobi's imagination) and had no one pulling his strings. So he blundered around and tried to imitate his master, but then 'ol Palps found him and laid down the law.

Now he's presumably being tortured and broken again, to make him Palpatine's dog once more. Only this time, he won't even have the comforting illusion that he's an "apprentice" anymore.

And Asoka would only be in her 40-50's by episode VII right? Considering how long the average Jedi lifespan is, (not to mention she's an Alien) I could see her making her reappearance in 7 as a long lost Jedi who comes to the rescue of captured knight Ben Skywalker who's been captured by mandos (hint hint...)

And Asoka would only be in her 40-50's by episode VII right? Considering how long the average Jedi lifespan is, (not to mention she's an Alien) I could see her making her reappearance in 7 as a long lost Jedi who comes to the rescue of captured knight Ben Skywalker who's been captured by mandos (hint hint...)

I'll probably throw up if the plot is Mandalorian-centric. Also, Ahsoka is what, 18-20 at the time of the Clone Wars? That's 50 years, at a minimum until the sequel's probable setting (30-40 ABY), so she'll be Count Dooku's age the very youngest. I'm not saying it isn't a far out there possibility of her making an appearance, because it would be interesting to see her character change, but there would be so much explaining to do it's almost not worth it.

Then he broke loose after his "death" (I am forced to accept that he lived, but still suspect he's a figment of Kenobi's imagination) and had no one pulling his strings. So he blundered around and tried to imitate his master, but then 'ol Palps found him and laid down the law.
Lol, tell me your not one of those people who actually cares about the logicality of Maul surviving? Cause 'the Force' aint' exactly logical. :rolleyes:

Lol, tell me your not one of those people who actually cares about the logicality of Maul surviving? Cause 'the Force' aint' exactly logical. :rolleyes:

What is logical in fantasy anyway? Or rather....its logic fantasy that is ok.

For fantasy stuff, you gotta use the fantasy logic.

Its like comic logic, in real terms...Batman isn't human he isn't logical at all by real life logic.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It's more that Maul lives after getting eviscerated and plummeting thousands of feet to splatter on the bottom of a reactor shaft (of the kind that knocked Sidious out of the game) while Qui-Gon takes a single stab beneath the sternum and still dies.

Obviously Qui-Gon wasn't killed immediately, so Maul missed his vitals. He was live long enough to talk to Kenobi after a few minutes of lying on the ground, it's not like he was bleeding from a lightsaber wound... so why the hell is Maul somehow alive?

It's more that Maul lives after getting eviscerated and plummeting thousands of feet to splatter on the bottom of a reactor shaft (of the kind that knocked Sidious out of the game) while Qui-Gon takes a single stab beneath the sternum and still dies.

Obviously Qui-Gon wasn't killed immediately, so Maul missed his vitals. He was live long enough to talk to Kenobi after a few minutes of lying on the ground, it's not like he was bleeding from a lightsaber wound... so why the hell is Maul somehow alive?

That's my point, who really cares? My opinion of Maul's return is entirely bases on the benefits its brought to the series, which are abundant to say the least.

Hopefully Maul and Ventress will get a book. Ashoka' story is done.

No way. Not with how she walked off on Anakin. I would like to see how she goes on. She is too good-hearted to become a Bounty Hunter. Perhaps she becomes a vigilante?

No way. Not with how she walked off on Anakin. I would like to see how she goes on. She is too good-hearted to become a Bounty Hunter. Perhaps she becomes a vigilante?

She's just going to settle down, marry a nice boy and raise a family. No excitement for Ahsoka, no sir.

• 3 weeks later...
Ahsoka will probly face an epic enemy and possibly die( just my guess), ventress will probly just be a bounty hunter avoiding authorities for the rest of her days, maul will eventually die but how thats going to happen is a mystery.

Vader, it would just make the most sense.