Why so sadistic about Torian?

bluehufsa

I don't get it, this companion is the most hated and underrated dude in the game even if he's nice and sweet. First, in the BH story, when he's not yet a companion, he is killed by rakghouls on Taris. Then he is left to die by his own father. Then, kidnapped. Don't you think that's enough? Why make such a character if he has to suffer over and over again?

In female BH story he gets kidnapped, not Mako. Sorry, i'm a she in both RL and game, so i have no idea.

I believe that's the case, so aside from that which is ye olde love interest gets kidnapped trope, it's just the 2 things.

No big deal, and honestly I'd say Mako gets it just as bad what with the stuff that happens on Hutta. On top of her being an orphan.

In female BH story he gets kidnapped, not Mako. Sorry, i'm a she in both RL and game, so i have no idea.

I have both, male and female BH, and between Torian and Mako, the one that is kidnapped is

A) Your love interest, if he/she is not with you

B) If your LI is with you in that moment, then it's the other.

My fem BH had Torian kidnapped, and he was her LI. Me male BH get Torian kidnapped too becuase Mako (his LI) was with him at that moment. Then a friend with a male BH told me that he was with the jawa, and mako was kidnapped there.

What's your problem exactly? And why are you in my topic, again?

It's that kind of persons that thinks "Oh, look, Torian... Here someone is speaking about a character I don't know nothing about, let's read it... And then let's troll about the spoilers thing".

What's your problem exactly? And why are you in my topic, again?

lol it's a topic on a public (or semi public I suppose, since you have to be a sub to post) forum, just because you made it doesn't mean you own it.

And the issue people are having is that you posted spoilers for the BH story that weren't marked and while the poster who called you out on it wasn't being nice pr polite either your attitude isn't really any better.

And just because someone hasn't made a BH yet or played theirs far enough to have seen all of that doesn't mean they don't care about the story. New players do exist and even among older ones mot everyone has done all class stories :rolleyes:

Re: the actual topic, ehhhhhhh. I like Torian even if I have a bunch of issues with his writing but other companions go through a lot of crap as well despite being good people, he's hardly unique in that aspect.

lol it's a topic on a public (or semi public I suppose, since you have to be a sub to post) forum, just because you made it doesn't mean you own it.

And the issue people are having is that you posted spoilers for the BH story that weren't marked and while the poster who called you out on it wasn't being nice pr polite either your attitude isn't really any better.

And just because someone hasn't made a BH yet or played theirs far enough to have seen all of that doesn't mean they don't care about the story. New players do exist and even among older ones mot everyone has done all class stories :rolleyes:

Re: the actual topic, ehhhhhhh. I like Torian even if I have a bunch of issues with his writing but other companions go through a lot of crap as well despite being good people, he's hardly unique in that aspect.

I'm honestly with the OP, I think 4.0 is a bit late for people to be getting mad about vanilla spoilers...

I finished male BH not long ago, and in my game Torian was kidnapped. Mako and him are having a relationship, you see, and when Torian asked me if I have something going on with Mako, I was like yaiks, she is like a daughter to me you perv. Go get her. This is what really happened. So Torian was the one who was taken and I had to promise to Mako I would get her boyfriend back. Exact lines from my game.

I believe Torian jus ticks male-players off somehow, I don't think they have much love for Vector too. And def not for Malavai for understandable reasons. Me, I'm always sad there must be gender-checks and my guys just have long,dry 50 levels. I like Torian and my BH had him with him all the time and still has if I dust him off. But I adore Vector and even more Malavai so who am I to say anything about men and male LI's. I even forgived Malavai after good episode of Force Choking and then that darling man had saved all his pay-checks and bought dampers to my ship. Dampers! What woman (RP-ing a gay-man when no one sees) wouldn't love it? I mean DAMPERS! Now he heals and does dps and I still drag him with me everywhere, I bet Malavai Quinn will be a rare sight others.

I have heard said that Torian is somewhat "emo" and even looks like one. Well he does look young. But have you heard the sounds he make in combat? I mean....they are quite...nice. But there is somehting vulnerable in him and that is maybe the thing many players don't like in him. It is ok to women to be vulnerable and "emo" but not for men, there is still this double-standard and subconciously that might tick many people off in him. Just my theory, I have no evidence to it lol:p

put a phrase SPOILER or MINOR SPOILER in the title. is it that much to ask for?

If you don't know who Torian is, why click the thread?

If you do and haven't finished the story, why click the thread?

See, I can use 'common sense' too.

@ Above poster, I am a male and I use Torian and Vector exclusively on my BH and Agent.

Edited by Djiini

This game has been around for at least two years, so EVERYONE knows whats going on in every story, so don't defend that a-hole. And stop rolling your "pure the best of the best " togruta eyes, i don't have to be nice to trolls like you and him posting off-topic! Move your Starwars clone wars purity and diva moods elsewhere, got that, sweetheart? now get lost.

If you don't know who Torian is, why click the thread?

If you do and haven't finished the story, why click the thread?

See, I can use 'common sense' too.

@ Above poster, I am a male and I use Torian and Vector exclusively on my BH and Agent.

read the title, read the OP. Anyone having Torian in any part of the game (even KotFE included) might click and read it.

Fairly new players will learn that: attention this is difficult, I'm gonna hit a button

he gets kidnapped

There may be people that are before BH story, but already seen the companions -on main site, on internets somewhere. They too wouldn't appreciate getting to know full story of a character because: attention again

someone couldn't be bothered to hit spoiler button or write 6-letter word in a thread title.

hell someone might even think this is Torian's fate after Zakuul invades.

So no -good manners always work. It is foolish to defend bad manners. You of course may still think you're ok, but I'll know that you're not.

read the title, read the OP. Anyone having Torian in any part of the game (even KotFE included) might click and read it.

Fairly new players will learn that: attention this is difficult, I'm gonna hit a button

he gets kidnapped

There may be people that are before BH story, but already seen the companions -on main site, on internets somewhere. They too wouldn't appreciate getting to know full story of a character because: attention again

someone couldn't be bothered to hit spoiler button or write 6-letter word in a thread title.

hell someone might even think this is Torian's fate after Zakuul invades.

So no -good manners always work. It is foolish to defend bad manners. You of course may still think you're ok, but I'll know that you're not.

You're the one who called me names and posted in my topic! So, do me a favor and begone, and take the togruta diva with you.

This game has been around for at least two years, so EVERYONE knows whats going on in every story, so don't defend that a-hole. And stop rolling your "pure the best of the best " togruta eyes, i don't have to be nice to trolls like you and him posting off-topic! Move your Starwars clone wars purity and diva moods elsewhere, got that, sweetheart? now get lost.

lol actually no, not everyone knows. and I would have technically been with you because it *is* a bit silly to read threads about a character/story you haven't seen everything of and then complain about the spoilers, but then you had to first display an attitude just as bad and now... i don't even know what you're even saying any more. I've never watched clone wars and don't care about Ahsoka because all I know is her name, I chose that icon cause Ashara (from, you know, this game) is my fave character and she's a Togruta :rolleyes:

But please, go on about ~trolls~ like that's not exactly what you're doing at this point, I'll continue posting in whichever thread I choose to.

lol actually no, not everyone knows. and I would have technically been with you because it *is* a bit silly to read threads about a character/story you haven't seen everything of and then complain about the spoilers, but then you had to first display an attitude just as bad and now... i don't even know what you're even saying any more. I've never watched clone wars and don't care about Ahsoka because all I know is her name, I chose that icon cause Ashara (from, you know, this game) is my fave character and she's a Togruta :rolleyes:

But please, go on about ~trolls~ like that's not exactly what you're doing at this point, I'll continue posting in whichever thread I choose to.

Again, why are you in my topic? And if someone doesn't know what i'm talking about, why read? I avoided treads about Elara Dorne, Ensign Temple and so on, why can't you do the same?

Again, why are you in my topic? And if someone doesn't know what i'm talking about, why read? I avoided treads about Elara Dorne, Ensign Temple and so on, why can't you do the same?

I've finished the BH story and was curious what you thought was notably sadistic about Torian. Then some dude decided to take offense with not having spoiler tags in this topic, which was silly, then you decided that apparently everyone knows how the BHstory goes which is also silly and I decided to point that out which, as it turns out was also silly!

I've finished the BH story and was curious what you thought was notably sadistic about Torian. Then some dude decided to take offense with not having spoiler tags in this topic, which was silly, then you decided that apparently everyone knows how the BHstory goes which is also silly and I decided to point that out which, as it turns out was also silly!

Call your mom silly, ok? And btw, i really wish i had a chance to torture or kill your precious Ashara, she's NOTHING.

I like torian, and my female BH is romancing him. Sad that they got rid of him with kotfe.

I wouldn't worry too much about him not being around right now. I'm 99% certain that all the older LI's will make a dramatic comeback, especially since it's all but confirmed that Kaliyo is showing up in Chapter X.

And a lot of people like Torian. You just have to remember that there's a lot of complainers in the forums, but that doesn't by any means make them the majority of opinion. I personally loved Torian.