Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Does seem like a waste to spend all that time writing, recording and coding this content and then not put it in the game.

Even for those who may end up renaming/re-purposing the companions in their own head!canon.. agreed.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even for those who may end up renaming/re-purposing the companions in their own head!canon.. agreed.

I can't remember enough of the conversations to head-canon with anyone, let alone all the nuances of their personalities. Much easier just to invent my own Sith to ship :p

It's probably too early to tell if this means anything for us... But Disney just bought out Lucasarts. Too many credible sources are talking about this now for it to be a hoax. (Of course, now I've written that, I'm sure it'll be proved as a hoax and I'll look like an idiot.)

ETA: The story just popped up on my local newspaper (theage.com.au, which is owned by Fairfax).

Disney also bought up Marvel Comics... before the X-men storyline featuring a gay male couple marrying was published. Disney is up to par on extending spousal benefits to even unmarried same-sex partners, and Disney allows same-sex weddings in its theme-park chapels. I don't expect they will have any objection at all.

But I do expect "Disney won't let them" to become a tediously frequent argument of those opposed.

Disney also bought up Marvel Comics... before the X-men storyline featuring a gay male couple marrying was published. Disney is up to par on extending spousal benefits to even unmarried same-sex partners, and Disney allows same-sex weddings in its theme-park chapels. I don't expect they will have any objection at all.

But I do expect "Disney won't let them" to become a tediously frequent argument of those opposed.

Oh no, this is going to be the new "LucasArts won't let them do it".

Already have. Corso is re-imagined as Gunner, a crewman on the Auric Wind, where my Gunslinger, Skypp Destin, is First Mate and acting captain while the actual captain and owner is on ice for the forseeable future. Their relationship is complicated but solid.

Likewise, my Kira is rather different, a consular paired with my Guardian so that they can mutually support each other's missions as needed. Their relationship is strictly professional.

I run these stories in my head parallel to playing and enjoying the class stories, but that's fairly typical of roleplayers.

Disney purchased Lucas Film, which includes all the subsidiary companies, including LucasArts, but I'd be astonished if the transaction slowed or derailed the introduction of SGRAs to SWTOR. They're a pretty gay-friendly company, and have a history of turning a deaf ear to criticisms of that policy, so they're unlikely to interfere with content that's already in the pipeline -- especially when doing so would cause an instant and unwelcome controversy.

Oh joy of joys, more fuel for the trolls - here we go again. Channeling my inner idiot.... "Northstar doesn't mean anything, Marvel are only under the Disney umbrella. Disney won't allow LA to allow BW to do it, because this is a different style of buy-out."

Needs more circular reasoning, but I think it'll follow those lines.

Edited by Palar

Oh joy of joys, more fuel for the trolls - here we go again. Channeling my inner idiot.... "Northstar doesn't mean anything, Marvel are only under the Disney umbrella. Disney won't allow LA to allow BW to do it, because this is a different style of buy-out."

You've done a very good job there, as I did my usual stop; think; wave hands at screen; think about typing; stop; wave hands at screen.

Give yourself a cookie.

Also needs more "La la la I can't hear you" when presented with facts.

And a "Not that I am for or against this one way or the other" disclaimer.

Even though EA, Bioware, LucasArts/Film, Mr. Lucas himself, Disney and everyone else on the project are pro-LGBT and have had LGBT positive content in previous games, doesn't mean they'll put it in THIS game. Gawd.

Welp, this is likely to be my last post for awhile since I'm headed to interweb black-hole land for a while (Ugh, Omega DLC for ME3 is out like a week before I can download anything again, gonna be hell ><).

Hopefully by the time I'm back to being able to do more than read very slow loading pages, there'll be some news for us, or at least update 1.5 and F2P so I can buy my legacy unlocks with my stack of cartel coins (or 'cacos' as they've been called on the PTS) since I'm too much of an impulse buyer to ever save enough credits :p

Farewell for now and keep up the good fight you guys who are waay braver than me - Uluain, Tatile, Natashina, Rayla et al. I'll try not to go (more) insane while I'm in exile :cool:

Farewell for now and keep up the good fight you guys who are waay braver than me - Uluain, Tatile, Natashina, Rayla et al. I'll try not to go (more) insane while I'm in exile :cool:

If anything happens in the meantime, we'll cover the website in rainbows, just to let you know :p

Have fun (if you can).

Things may have changed now that Lucas has sold SW to Disney for 4 Billion yes with a B, Billion.

Why? Disney allows gay couples to marry in its theme park chapels and allowed its subsidiary, Marvel Comics, to introduce a male superhero's male love interest and print the story of their wedding (though, to be fair, Archie Comics beat them to it - and that was also an interracial couple, one of whom was in the military, but I digress). Lucas Arts will continue to function as Lucas Arts with the same employees in the same location. No reason to expect this to change.

But congrats on being the first person on the forums to troll us with this "argument". Next time, you might want to look into the facts before leaping to an unwarranted conclusion, however.

Edited by Uluain

Why? Disney allows gay couples to marry in its theme park chapels and allowed its subsidiary, Marvel Comics, to introduce a male superhero's male love interest and print the story of their wedding (though, to be fair, Archie Comics beat them to it - and that was also an interracial couple, one of whom was in the military, but I digress). Lucas Arts will continue to function as Lucas Arts with the same employees in the same location. No reason to expect this to change.

But congrats on being the first person on the forums to troll us with this "argument". Next time, you might want to look into the facts before leaping to an unwarranted conclusion, however.

I simply said things may have changed, I didnt say they did, try re-reading my post. You don't know what if any influence Disney may have on the game, and neither do I. Feel free to jump all over my post if you like, I have every right to post it, or will you report it?

I'm not sure if this had been answered yet. But yes Visas is most definitely a same-sex romance option, as much as anyone else is in KOTOR 2. I have romanced her as both male and female characters. There is an interaction that takes place which can only be triggered by a high affection and light side rating just before you head to Telos to face Nihlus.

Let me quote the interaction.

"I ask you... I beg you to stay here.. with me."

"I want to look upon you, where no one else can see, where it is just us. I want to see your face, the color of your skin. I wish to see what the Handmaiden sees when she looks at you that causes her heart to race, and her tone to change. What causes her to forsake her heritage, her oaths... as you made me forsake mine. I... need to know if perhaps I am wrong, if the universe is not as my Master once showed me."

"From the moment I heard your voice across the galaxy, I have longed for you. It is the echo, a wound that travels still, that when heard, made me understand that there was another wounded as I was, one who had felt the same sense of loss. When i heard it, I loved you more than my own life. And I wanted you to be here, with me, for as long as you will let me love you. Stay... And I want you to see what I see when I gaze upon you. I want you to know why I cannot look at you, and why I am drawn to you."

I'd say that interaction doesn't leave much to doubt.

I know that Darkside Exiles get Hanharr and Lightside or Neutral Exiles get Mira, but I read somewhere that alignment specific availability was also going to apply to Brianna and Visas too before that was changed for the final game. I could be wrong, but I do remember that was what somewhere said.

Things may have changed now that Lucas has sold SW to Disney for 4 Billion yes with a B, Billion.

Very doubtful -if I understand correctly from http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-buy-lucasfilm-405-billion-384448, they only bought Lucasfilm. No mention of Lucasarts, and I imagine they'd have to go back and re-negotiate with EA/BW to yank content they already agreed upon.

I'd be more worried about where "Clone Wars" stands after this, since the deal sounds like it only effects the film series and not prequel games in the EU.

Edited by Palar