Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

No, what I meant was Visas's most romantic lines are spoken only to a male exile. Right before the Exile confronts Nihilus one of the companions comes to talk to them about what the Jedi Masters and Kreia said about them. For males Visas says something about how "From the moment I heard your voice across the galaxy, I have longed for you. And she actually mentions that she loves you more than her own life. With females I don't believe she ever says that she loves her to her.

I was pretty certain Female Exiles always get a shorter version with Mical coming to them instead.

I'll admit it's been a very long time since I've played Kotor 2. But I distinctly remember my female playthough feeling much less engaging than a male PC's storyline in part for exactly that reason.

Yes, you are correct. I too was distinctly certain (scratch that, I am now 100% certain having done some quick digging) that there was no same gender romance in KotOR2. My understanding is the head guy at Obsidian (Feargus Urquhart, I think) was pretty anti-romances in general, in fact, so I guess we were lucky to get the OG ones we did.

The only way to get same gender romances in KotOR2 was to mod it. Visas and Brianna (the Handmaiden) were both male Exile exclusive romances, while Mical was female Exile exclusive. (I know there are mods available, as I looked into it at the time.)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic, but needed:

My heart truly goes out to everyone that is affected by Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully you're in a safe place, or at least ready for the rest of the storm. May you and your loved ones have shelter from the storm. :)

Agreed - and I see your thread in General got invaded by the gutter-scum.... unbelievable. What the hell ever happened to the human race?

(Edit: I'm probably better off not replying to those freaks - just perused my draft as I was typing, and it would have been gotten me a temp-ban, at the least.)

Edited by Palar

I gotta admit, there have been some awesome replies to the trolls, especially the poster that expects to get a temp forum ban. Plus, yeah...I'd like to see any of them get even part of the 50 million effected evacuated. I guess the elderly and the hospitalized should have evac'd, right? :rolleyes:

You're not alone in writing a post, previewing and changing their mind. I've been posting less, since I've been getting kinda riled up in a bad way. I can say that my ignore list has gone from 3 to 13 in the last few days lol.

Sorry, getting waay off topic. I'll keep it to my thread in GF. :o

It will make me glad when BW finally addresses the player base about SGRs. My ignore list may continue to grow, but at least we'd have a concrete update.

Edit: Thread is deleted. Kayla called it. Oh well, at least I got a few non trolling pages out. I also didn't get into trouble for it.

Edited by natashina

I remember reading somewhere that initially the different crew was supposed be alignment based and Visas was only supposed to join darkside Exiles and Brianna always joined lightside exiles. I'm actually kind of relieved they didn't go that way, Visas and Handmaiden are two of my favorite echaracters and having only one them would have been disappointing.

Honestly, I don't see any good coming from re-opening the SGRA threads in Community and GD, people will only get annoyed and the neutral parties will start attacking us and labelling us as spammers and 'entitled' we don't need any more of that, sticking to 'Did i hear this right?' would be wiser.

What worked last time and got Joveth's comment in here was opening a Customer Service ticket to report the Community Team for harrassment and discrimination. I'd hate to feel I had to do it again, but I am not at all sure that one discreetly-titled thread allowed on General Discussion and one uninformative BW post in this thread adequately addressed that.

In any case, although it plainly got their attention, it was not demonstratively successful in creating a fairer environment here, much less eliciting information this thread has been continually encouraged to ask for here. So I don't necessarily recommend the same strategy to anyone else.

The link to Customer Service is labeled "Support" and distinguished by a gear icon at the top of this page.

Edited by Uluain

I remember reading somewhere that initially the different crew was supposed be alignment based and Visas was only supposed to join darkside Exiles and Brianna always joined lightside exiles. I'm actually kind of relieved they didn't go that way, Visas and Handmaiden are two of my favorite echaracters and having only one them would have been disappointing.

You mixed up the members. Light side exiles acquired Miranda (was that her name? it's been a while) and the dark side exiles got the wookie when they got that far on Nar Shadaa. It was possible to manipulate that and get Mira as a dark side exile, but you had to be light side first.

I absolutely adored the handmaiden. I had to mod the game to have her since I only play female toons, but it was very, very worth it.

Ok.

I have now tested most companions as male and female characters, and I can honestly say ... most of the female romance companions become the Crazy Internet Girlfriend level of creepy and annoying. The companions I found the most disturbing (and not in the fun way) were Iresso, Temple, Nadia, Kaliyo and Mako. The amount of flirts on male companions and Agents is almost nauseating and gets in the way, despite the smuggler ones being kinda smarmy/amusing - and despite the fact I wish fem smugs/agents got the same amount and with more attractive NPCs.

The companions that win with me are Revel, Corso, Vector, Pierce (even if he's a ONS, rawr!), Kira, and DS Jaesa - they'd all be perfect for SGR, for me at least. I haven't had time to test the others, really, and have no desire at all to test the Horned chick that looks like a grown-up Ahsoka insert.

When SGR does go in, Kira's definitely my #1 girl. She feels like a real character - plus, she doesn't look or act like a I-have-twitter-but-can't-understand-homonyms teenager at a One Direction concert. </Mako Hate> But again... this is all just my opinion! :)

*cough*

[quote=Belora;5346854

The companions that win with me are ... Vector

Any particular reason? I've read mixed reviews on his romance (rock covered in rocks or most adorable picnics) - what do you think/hope would be different for his SGR?

This is relevant to my interests. I have an Agent and he is lonely.

Any particular reason? I've read mixed reviews on his romance (rock covered in rocks or most adorable picnics) - what do you think/hope would be different for his SGR?

This is relevant to my interests. I have an Agent and he is lonely.

Sorry, this may be a little disjointed. :)

That's the thing about Vector. He's just so... go with the flow of the universe, the song of the soul and mind and body... go with what feels right. The Agent, essentially, is immediately a kindred spirit (with the right dialogue choices, and not doing like a friend of mine and just being an outright jerk). It's almost hedonistic but it's done (at least IMO) really well. His interest in the Agent from the get go was really intriguing but it's not jump straight into bed, and there are some suggestions in later dialogues... He strikes me as the type to absinthe and black roses and romance, and opium and decadence... but he'd also be the sort to plan a romantic picnic, definitely... all while maintaining his sense of duty when he needs to. He shows feelings, he's believable.. I'd play an Agent again just to experience the romance again and I'd buy any audiobook his VA read.

Overall, it's hard to put into words. But I <3 Vector. I think he may be hands down my favorite male companion. He really -felt- like a companion, not just someone who wants to get into your character's pants.

Disjointed trying not to spoil anything good. Basically, the idea is I don't see much changing if he were to be made SGR compatible. I have a feeling he'd be the same either way.

Edited by Belora
adjusting wording

Ok.

I have now tested most companions as male and female characters, and I can honestly say ... most of the female romance companions become the Crazy Internet Girlfriend level of creepy and annoying. The companions I found the most disturbing (and not in the fun way) were Iresso, Temple, Nadia, Kaliyo and Mako. The amount of flirts on male companions and Agents is almost nauseating and gets in the way, despite the smuggler ones being kinda smarmy/amusing - and despite the fact I wish fem smugs/agents got the same amount and with more attractive NPCs.

The companions that win with me are Revel, Corso, Vector, Pierce (even if he's a ONS, rawr!), Kira, and DS Jaesa - they'd all be perfect for SGR, for me at least. I haven't had time to test the others, really, and have no desire at all to test the Horned chick that looks like a grown-up Ahsoka insert.

When SGR does go in, Kira's definitely my #1 girl. She feels like a real character - plus, she doesn't look or act like a I-have-twitter-but-can't-understand-homonyms teenager at a One Direction concert. </Mako Hate> But again... this is all just my opinion! :)

*cough*

Kira's worth it, then? I was considering starting the OGR with her on my Knight. She's one of my favourite companions.

The only romance arcs I've been through at least partway are with Temple and Kaliyo. Temple was a bit odd at times but seemed a decent match for my Chiss sniper. Kaliyo drove me spare.

Kira's worth it, then? I was considering starting the OGR with her on my Knight. She's one of my favourite companions.

The only romance arcs I've been through at least partway are with Temple and Kaliyo. Temple was a bit odd at times but seemed a decent match for my Chiss sniper. Kaliyo drove me spare.

I think I saw it in the 101, but from experience too, Kira's one to buck the system; I think her implementation could be more... 'You've been like a sister to me... but not TOO much like a sister that I can't do this *lean in and kiss*' (a nod to ANH would be epic). ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪

I am still worried I'll be stuck with Talos rather than Andronikos on my Sorcerer. Mind, he appreciates being given his own liason to the Imperial Reclamation Service for his work with antiquities, but Andronikos is hot.

Mostly though, for me, the absence of any same-gender content has kept me from being able to enjoy my Gunslinger enough to overcome the annoyance and right now, however much I love the class – which is a great deal, it really is genuinely unplayable for me.

And I do think that those who have put such obvious time, effort and talent into the class stories and companions would want to assure that their hard work can be enjoyed by as many players as possible. In this regard, denying them the right to say as much to us is unfair in both directions, and I think that needs to be addressed.

And I do think that those who have put such obvious time, effort and talent into the class stories and companions would want to assure that their hard work can be enjoyed by as many players as possible. In this regard, denying them the right to say as much to us is unfair in both directions, and I think that needs to be addressed.

Does seem like a waste to spend all that time writing, recording and coding this content and then not put it in the game.

It's probably too early to tell if this means anything for us... But Disney just bought out Lucasarts. Too many credible sources are talking about this now for it to be a hoax. (Of course, now I've written that, I'm sure it'll be proved as a hoax and I'll look like an idiot.)

ETA: The story just popped up on my local newspaper (theage.com.au, which is owned by Fairfax).

Edited by Zandilar

I am still worried I'll be stuck with Talos rather than Andronikos on my Sorcerer. Mind, he appreciates being given his own liason to the Imperial Reclamation Service for his work with antiquities, but Andronikos is hot.

I was hoping we would get both. Probably not going to happen, I know. I just think that if we can have multiple options for OGRs they should consider including more than a "token" SGR character of each sex for every class. I said before I liked Temple but not Kaliyo. Well, it was nice that I could choose which to romance. I hope we have some choice with SGRs too.

It's probably too early to tell if this means anything for us... But Disney just bought out Lucasarts. Too many credible sources are talking about this now for it to be a hoax. (Of course, now I've written that, I'm sure it'll be proved as a hoax and I'll look like an idiot.)

BBC website is running a story on it. Hmm.

Edited by Eleuril

I have absolutely no idea where to post this, but considering half of the threads are closed and sent me here... I'll try this. Since Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm and I believe they acquire LucasArts as well.. do you think this will help our chances of SGRA's? I'm unsure of how this works since it's now EA, but Star Wars at the same time. Sorry, just a bunch of questions really.

Ehh... as much as a bad reputation Disney has, I don't believe they'll mess with the Star Wars IP in any significant way. They own Marvel Comics, which recently had a gay inter-racial wedding between one of their superheroes and a normal non-super (haha, I got that bit wrong the first time) which was attended by, well, everyone.

I'll see if I can find the cover.

Slideshow, with the big picture and the proposal. D'aww.

Edited by Tatile