Make abandoning a warzone HURT

jenlen

Seriously these "elite" PvPers just walk out at beginning because they didn't like the group?

They leave if they are down a point?

Make them pay!

Ban them from PvP for an hour... or 4 hours, or even one entire day!

That will stop it cold.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I get into a group and there's 1 maybe 2 other people with pvp gear or above 60 valor, I'm certainly not staying unless I see in their achievements that they're not complete noobs. Granted, I pvp almost only with groups nowadays to completely avoid that situation, but when I do solo, if I know that a war zone is lost before it starts, I'll take my luck to another queue.

Why should I be punished if my computer crashes? I can understand a slight penalty, but not a full day.

It would be better if, AFTER THE GAME STARTS, someone leaves for any reason they cannot Q for pvp on that toon until the match is over.

I could go with that. Just tired of people leaving because they don't see our team ahead, or they leave if the other half is not a premade like them. It ruins PvP for so many.

Bioware needs to fix this. PvP is dying and this is one of the reasons.

This is not even close to being on the list of reasons that PvP is struggling. Casual pvp is doing perfectly fine. Its the competitive pvp that is dead for various reasons which have nothing to do with your silly hatred toward a single person leaving a reg warzone. You could group up with friends to solve this problem but that seems too difficult for most of you.

I could go with that. Just tired of people leaving because they don't see our team ahead, or they leave if the other half is not a premade like them. It ruins PvP for so many.

I think the problem you are having is that you start a game without a full group, right?

I believe that as long as they leave before the game starts, it doesn't matter. "Before" being a sufficient amount of time for other players to join before it starts.

If you want them to put any sort of penalty for leaving a warzone in, there needs to put in a better way to remove players from the group as well. Right now, the only tool you have to deal with the stupidity and rage that crops up in pvp is to leave. You shouldnt be penalised for using the only tool available.

Theres only so much idiocy a person should be required to tolerate.

This is not even close to being on the list of reasons that PvP is struggling. Casual pvp is doing perfectly fine. Its the competitive pvp that is dead for various reasons which have nothing to do with your silly hatred toward a single person leaving a reg warzone. You could group up with friends to solve this problem but that seems too difficult for most of you.

I do group with 3 other friends quite often, thank you. And I don't have a "silly hatred". I just believe that it ruins things for players when some snob looks over the other 7 and decides he or she is just too good for these "scrubs" and walks out. If he/she is sooooo good, then why don't they stay and face a challenge?

Or, even worse than the above, you get down 1 point in Huttball, or the score tips slightly to the other team in one of the other zones and 2-3 people just vanish. It is not ranked so why not stick it out? All you are doing is almost guaranteeing your team to lose.

All you are doing is almost guaranteeing your team to lose.

Think about it this way, if they really don't think they can win 1 point down, they probably suck anyway. By leaving they give the chance of a better player filling their spot. Worst that can happen is a player just like them backfills.

If I get into a group and there's 1 maybe 2 other people with pvp gear or above 60 valor, I'm certainly not staying unless I see in their achievements that they're not complete noobs. Granted, I pvp almost only with groups nowadays to completely avoid that situation, but when I do solo, if I know that a war zone is lost before it starts, I'll take my luck to another queue.

Shyroman,

This is frustrating to people who want to have a good match. Losing always hurts, but it hurts worse if someone makes judgments based on achievements and gear. Do you forget that you once had to gear up and get your achievements up to speed as well? I really feel like your post is a bit "elitists" in a sense. However I too have left a match after it started because the other team is so stacked and premade it made playing that match so un-enjoyable. So I do understand your perspective. I guess the only difference is that I do not leave matches that often. I encourage you to stay in the match and test your true skill to stay alive for as long as you can, while showing newer players your style of game play.

Cheers :o

Shyroman,

This is frustrating to people who want to have a good match. Losing always hurts, but it hurts worse if someone makes judgments based on achievements and gear. Do you forget that you once had to gear up and get your achievements up to speed as well? I really feel like your post is a bit "elitists" in a sense. However I too have left a match after it started because the other team is so stacked and premade it made playing that match so un-enjoyable. So I do understand your perspective. I guess the only difference is that I do not leave matches that often. I encourage you to stay in the match and test your true skill to stay alive for as long as you can, while showing newer players your style of game play.

VERY well said, and it echoes pretty much how I feel about it. I don't care how bad the other 4 on my team are, or how bad their gear is, I don't just walk out.

And sure we see stacked premades that make it rough but we stick with it win or lose. Walking out because it gets tough is childish.

If I see a few players with under 1800 expertise, no set bonus or players who just generally don't contribute...well...

Too bad.

You must have forgot that you too was a person that needed to gear up at some point. Also that other players might have been judging you as a player based on teh same information. Stick it out show your worth and skill.

Jenlen,

I agree with you and feel your pain. People’s computer crashing is one thing, however 99% of the time it is not because of that. How do I know? I whisper the person who quit and I almost always get a four letter word accompanied by the word "scrub" lol. Sheer Elitism....is that a word!? lol

I do group with 3 other friends quite often, thank you. And I don't have a "silly hatred". I just believe that it ruins things for players when some snob looks over the other 7 and decides he or she is just too good for these "scrubs" and walks out. If he/she is sooooo good, then why don't they stay and face a challenge?

Or, even worse than the above, you get down 1 point in Huttball, or the score tips slightly to the other team in one of the other zones and 2-3 people just vanish. It is not ranked so why not stick it out? All you are doing is almost guaranteeing your team to lose.

Unless its map I absolutely hate (hypergate) I usually stick it out, but nine times out of ten I can more or less tell within the first 30 seconds of a match if we are going to win or not. I had one match where I knew right away we were going to lose. End of the game we got stomped, I did over 800k dps and the next person on my team did 250k. One player can only do so much and you seriously cant blame people for not having the patience to stick around on a team that is generally under geared and probably doesn't even know what a key bind is.

Jenlen,

I agree with you and feel your pain. People’s computer crashing is one thing, however 99% of the time it is not because of that. How do I know? I whisper the person who quit and I almost always get a four letter word accompanied by the word "scrub" lol. Sheer Elitism....is that a word!? lol

Thank you!

Yes, Elitism is one of the reasons PvP is slowly drying up but the Elites will never see that, as they are too busy abandoning warzones because a player or players just cannot match their 'standards', whining in PvP chat on the fleet about the lack of PvP, or organizing stacked pre-mades to "smash some scrubs" (many of whom will lose interest quickly when queuing only guarantees them constant dying.)

I don't have a solution for pre-made versus pug, but I think some penalty for walking out on your team would be a good thing.

Seriously these "elite" PvPers just walk out at beginning because they didn't like the group?

They leave if they are down a point?

Make them pay!

Ban them from PvP for an hour... or 4 hours, or even one entire day!

That will stop it cold.

so how do you know it's the elite that are leaving? Or are you just assuming that the people that leave are the elite?

Personally, if someone doesn't want to contribute early, let the leave, and hopefully it'll get filled with someone that actually wants to play. Realistically, 2 things will happen, 1) people who don't want to be there will stay and just go hang out at node and just stand there. 2) they'll leave, and either people that want to play will play or people will join that will just come in in a fail wz and just go camp a node.

Either way, option 2 is better, either it stays the same, or it gets better.

outside of that, as a suggestion, let people buy pvp before 55, that way they have the ability to jump into 55 pvp running instead of gimped.

Edited by Anyakaschala

Shyroman,

I did that for nearly 2 years, and over time I got better and better, and eventually, getting stomped on while I had bad teammates was less fun for me than waiting in queue. I've lost count how many times I've tripled the damage of the next highest on my team, or when I'm the only person going for the ball in huttball. It is possible to get a full set of pvp gear in a week of somewhat dedicated playing, or 2 weeks of casual playing, so staying in that bubble of less than max expertise should be very quick.

I used to do what you said, stay in the match and tough it out to stay alive, but once I started leaving more games than I wanted to, I got into my own group so I knew for sure I could count on some of my teammates. That also came about more competitive pvp since I faced against other premades far more often, and I'm paired with another premade much more often as well. If I had my way, new players would face other new players, pvers would face other pvers, and good players would face other good players to increase enjoyment. Am I elitist, a bit yes, but I have my reasons for being so.

Why should I be punished if my computer crashes? I can understand a slight penalty, but not a full day.

It would be better if, AFTER THE GAME STARTS, someone leaves for any reason they cannot Q for pvp on that toon until the match is over.

I like it!

When I was finalizing my weekly Sunday afternoon, there was at least one leaver per game, sometimes 2 or 3 where quitting and once even 5 guys did it all together and the game was terminated.

I totally agree nowadays, we need a penalty for them! It is getting painfull.

The self declared elite was already killing ranked PVP (by mobbing players out of the game) and now they are doing their best to kill regular PVP as well.

PVP needs population, without noobs and beginners refilling the pool of players (and getting better and better over time) PVP will die !

You must have forgot that you too was a person that needed to gear up at some point. Also that other players might have been judging you as a player based on teh same information. Stick it out show your worth and skill.

Actually no, I was smart and banked all my comms before hitting max level (in the comms system era that is), and was able to gear just fine.

As for the red highlighted, that's another way of saying "carry".

Edited by Pistols

From my experience most decent players will quit before a match starts if they are inclined to.

It's usually the big mouthed baddies who can't get break 200k damage that leave when things go sour.

But in all honesty you can't force people to stay, people leave for a variety of reasons and if your team mates aren't willing to try, communicate, kill healers etc, and instead just derp around you can't expect people to put up with it either.

Edited by PloGreen

When I queue solo and it's a Hutball, I will leave. The reason for me leaving is not about anyones gear or skills, it's because I just don't like playing Hutball and rather spend the time doing something else. Untill Bioware makes some options to avoid Hutball "warzones", I will keep on leaving it at the first chance to do so. Edited by Beansoup