What use is the Superior Resource Matrix?

TrixxieTriss

Honestly, does anyone use these and if so, what for?

Do we really still need these in the game as a “rare” drop. I’ve over 300 of them and they’re worthless on the GTN too.

Now that you mentioned it, I would like to know, too. :confused:

https://imgur.com/a/vT7a5IP

Superior Resource Matrix - crafting of gear with item ratings of 232 through 240.

Bioware either intended to have so many so players could craft their own stuff cheaply and easily or did not set the number needed to craft each item as high as they should of which really degraded their value. Same thing happened to our beloved Void Matter Catalyst.

If you are looking for some though I will give you a good price on 80,000 of them.

Edited by Drew_Braxton

It is used in the 258 recipes too. I imagine it’s level 75 6.0 counterpart will also be used in crafting.

I’m guessing you don’t need too many in the recipe or their resale would be higher. Plus, how many people are even making 258 gear that actually sells?

All I see on the GTN are 258 items for 450,000,000 credits. Which is just insane. Who in their right mind is going to pay that and even if there are some people who do. How many do they sell?

If Bioware are smart in 6.0, they will convert these old mats that are meaningless now or put a vendor on the fleet that you can swap them out for better mats like they did many years ago when they changed the old crafting system.

I’m guessing you don’t need too many in the recipe or their resale would be higher. Plus, how many people are even making 258 gear that actually sells?

All I see on the GTN are 258 items for 450,000,000 credits. Which is just insane. Who in their right mind is going to pay that and even if there are some people who do. How many do they sell?

If Bioware are smart in 6.0, they will convert these old mats that are meaningless now or put a vendor on the fleet that you can swap them out for better mats like they did many years ago when they changed the old crafting system.

You are absolutely right that one would be more than a tad foolish to spend hundreds of millions of credits on gear that will be obsolete in probably ten weeks. I am happy to use them up in my own personal crafting though. There might be a price point at which I would consider buying a couple of the Forgotten Transformers to craft a lightsaber but not currently. If there is one thing that I’ve learned it’s that you need a good supply of credits going into an expansion. Level cap transitions are expensive. There will be crew skills to level up, schematics to buy, and lots of repair bills, especially for folks with either 248 or 258 (but not 252) stuff. Perhaps even costs related to moving the Victorious XP gear around.

I would not count on any conversion other than perhaps to whatever is the equivalent to Refined Isotope Stabilizers (blue prototype tier 1 exotic mat ) in 6.0. If what musco said in the livestream is true and people are sitting on 100s of thousands of these exotic crafting mats they may just convert ALL mats into credits just to reset the playing field.

http://tinypic.com/r/veufif/9

I've sold around 10 of them. I only tried the pistols. Stopped making them though since the expansion is getting close and I didn't want to get stuck with very pricey and obsolete gear. The mods, armorings, and enhancements seemed to risky - the number of people who are going to spend 300 million x 3 for every gear piece has to be really really small.

I agree and hope they offer some way for players to recoup some decent value for the obsolete mats. I remember when, for a while anyways, you could craft dark matters with some of the older stuff.

If what musco said in the livestream is true and people are sitting on 100s of thousands of these exotic crafting mats they may just convert ALL mats into credits just to reset the playing field.

That would be an easier fix.

An expansion is the right time to reset and fix crafting if there are going to increases in new gear and mats. Leaving old mats that can only be obtained in old “hard or harder” content or gated is absolutely silly because they become worthless and less and less people want to play that content to get them.

It’s better to wipe the slate clean like they did when they last changed the gearing system (3.0 or 4.0?). They put all the old crafting that required green items into an archived category and released basically the same things as all blue crafted items.

IMO, they should just convert all of the current higher end (rewards and gated mats) of blue and purple items into what ever the new standard purple mission items will be at crafting 650. Depending on the quality of the items, they would convert more to the new companion purple mission mats.

Then they can add new higher end crafting mats that are required from rewards or playing certain content.

I’ve a whole row of basically useless mats that are just accumulating because nobody wants them and they keep dropping as rewards.

It’s also about time that all mats be made available at the Jawa vendors and also allow you to convert green junk to blue junk to purple junk. It doesn’t matter what the conversion rate is, just as long as it’s an option.

Edited by TrixxieTriss