I'm a 3 day noob..Please help without judging?

PhoebieQ

So I've only been playing for a few days and I'm level 38 and I have many questions about what I'm doing...so far it's been basic hack n slash, although I'm enjoying the story aspect. Since I haven't met any friends ingame (maybe I'm on a wrong server?) I will ask my questions here and roll with the punches. Is it possible to alter my characters appearance? Can she change her clothes mod without altering the stats on her wardrobe? If so how? Is it possible to have animal mounts, such as a dewback? I played SWG for 7 years a long long time ago and I had animal mounts as well as different sorts of vehicles. I found a speeder vendor, so yeah, I got one of those. When do I meet Doc and get him? I'm 38 and have been following the pink triangle quests...and so far, I'm yawning. I really want to like this game.

Thanks for not throwing stones.

Is it possible to alter my characters appearance? Can she change her clothes mod without altering the stats on her wardrobe? If so how?

In the "Character Sheet" default key to open is the "C" Key, there are Outfit Designer tabs on the right hand side. Click one and drop in gear for appearance. This does cost credits. You can unlock more appearance tabs by pays credits or cartel coins.

Is it possible to have animal mounts, such as a dewback?

Yes, there are myriad animal mounts in the game. They all come from "Cartel Packs" but they can be purchased on the GTN for credits, although some are VERY expensive because they are rare.

When do I meet Doc and get him?

What planet are you currently playing on? The fact of the matter is that companions are acquired at points in the story not what level you are; i.e. a character can be level 70 and have only one companion because the player chose to level by means other than the story.

I'm 38 and have been following the pink triangle quests...and so far, I'm yawning.

Maybe you should try a different character class. Some players simply dislike certain stories. Based on what you are writing (wanting Doc) you are playing a Jedi Knight, and some do not like the JK story. Some of the consensus favorites are (in no particular order):

• Smuggler
  • Sith Warrior
  • Imperial Agent

Is it possible to alter my characters appearance?

When you can get access to the "Fleet" (after the starter planet) you can visit an character customization kiosk (I can't think of the exact name right now) in the Cartel Market section. There you can change your character's appearance in a format similar to the character creation process. It costs Cartel Coins though.

There are other such kiosks around but I don't recall exactly where. You can also get a "decoration" for you Stronghold that works the same.

Can she change her clothes mod without altering the stats on her wardrobe? If so how?

Yes, as explained by the poster above, click on the tab(s) next to your character display in the "Character" window ©

Is it possible to have animal mounts, such as a dewback?

Yes. There are lots of animal mounts. They don't all come from cartel packs - there are a couple that can drop as rewards from flashpoints, etc, but they are also rare, and some that can be bought from Reputation Vendors.

Check the GTN or http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/mounts/#

Edited by JediQuaker

There are other such kiosks around but I don't recall exactly where.

* Coruscant, in the commercial zone under the Senate Plaza, right-hand side facing toward the Senate Tower, on the north side of the room.

* Dromund Kaas, somewhere in the commercial zone on the east side of Kaas City (up the stairs behind the stronghold mission holostatue).

* Odessen, in the cantina area.

Possibly other places, but I don't think I've seen them anywhere but those places and the Cartel Bazaar zones on the main Fleet stations (north end for Republic, south end for Empire).

Thank you very much for all the helpful information...I'm still learning and it's very hard alone:o

Which server are you running on? I'm on The Ebon Hawk and consistently get asked to join groups for Heroics and Flashpoints, not to mention numerous Guild invites. Aside from the strange topics that get discussed on Dromund Kaas general chat, Ebon Hawk's pretty decent.