BH are essentially worthless in pvp

gattiman

Every class has its strengths. Sorcs are a Jack of all trades and a master of all trades besides guard. Mar/jug put out great dps and have speed moves, strong knockbacks and interrupts both excel in huttball. Ops are the best healers in the game and can essentially take down a target at will before being focus fired where do bounty hunters (especially Mercs) fit in to pvp? Ever since 1.2 our damage has been reduced, our surviveability is a joke and we have no abilities to really hang our hat on. We have no cloak, speed, or closing ability for huttball, no interrupts for 1v1 and our dps is middle of the pack to bottom. I'm lvl 75 valor was bm before the valor buff and I can tell you the longer I play merc the more I realize bioware has totally screwed this class to pieces.

Someone tell me maybe I suck but ive been watching since 1.2 and I've been out dps'd as a merc twice in about 600 games id wager. We suck at pvp. If we are so easy to kill why don't we put out better dps? Give the class something if not dps. It seems to be widely known since I'm the only BH on Keller's void wearing war hero it seems. The class is garbage fix it bioware.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones that aren't crap are quite useful. They make me want to walk on their face.

I'm not crap. I bust my *** to dps but its plainly obvious when sorcs ops and maur can all do far above 300k dps and post 1.2 that is essentially the dps ceiling for bh.

What I'm trying to say is two good sorcs or Mar/juggs can win a game. Bh never. We can't elevate our games the best bounty hunters are still second or third best consistently on all maps.

Edited by gattiman

Well i run both mercenary and powertech and i must admit merc is pretty screwed now.

Let's face it: merc CAN dps. In fact as it has been said they still have a really good burst in PvP. The real problem is that actually there are other careers that can output the same (and more) damage and still have something else wich make them special.

warriors have pounces and awsome defensive skills, inquisitors i agree are masters of all trades (speed, knockback, stun, stagger...) and operatives have been nerfed in terms of damaga but their healing now is awsome.

Basically mercenaries have nothing special compared to the rest of the classes.

I can't say for sure this is the case because I'm not full BM yet but every time I play my Merc I notice I am a magnet for assassins, ops, snipers, juggs, and marauders to the point as soon as they see me they will instantly leave their current target and stomp me. Now I would say this is because maybe I just suck but I have seen them also do this same thing to other Mercs on my team that are full bm and they seem to get burned down just as fast. The worst part is these are mostly 1v1, if it was a matter of being focused it would be different.

It is also pretty sad we are easily interrupted over and over while we have no interrupt skills on a short reuse like every other class.

You would think having heavy armor would account for something but it doesn't.

I'm not crap. I bust my *** to dps but its plainly obvious when sorcs ops and maur can all do far above 300k dps and post 1.2 that is essentially the dps ceiling for bh.

What I'm trying to say is two good sorcs or Mar/juggs can win a game. Bh never. We can't elevate our games the best bounty hunters are still second or third best consistently on all maps.

And I say I seen BH hitting the 300k mark all the time. I see them coming in first in damage and kills. They don't do this every game, but they do it regularly. So we must come to the conclusion that either your build is crap or you are crap.

L2P, coz good mercenary can always be top 3 on damage done and burst down targets with ease.

Your logic fails so bad so what if we can do damage we have no reliable snare no interrupt no chase/escape mechanics weakest defensivecds (exept sorcs) we bring nothing else than damage to the table sure it´s good in a objective based pvp where everyone else can do objectives we can kill people but if it comes to deathmatches with no objective other than destroy opponents guess what we still are outgunned because of our lack of utility.

The BHs on my server are doing much better than pre 1.2. Their burst seems a lot higher and groups of them will sit on huttball rails and drop bombs on all the melee as they scramble for the ball, quite effective. They can dish out a **** ton of damage from 30 yards away, but are vulnerable if you get them in melee, herp derp--this is the definition of a ranged class.

Wish I saved the warzone screenshot where 4 bounty hunters on one team were all top 4 dps with over 300k damage in an 8-10 minute huttball.

Edited by Anbokr

1. DPS - damage per second. The numbers you get on the scoreboard when warzone ends - OVERALL DAMAGE/HEALING

2. 300k isnt the ceiling for merc/trooper. Seen arsenal/gunnery mercs and troopers do 400k+ damage in voidstar/alderaan.

3.Your dps wasn't "nerfed to the ground" in 1.2, maybe its a "learn to play issue"? (Hello 7k HSM/Demo rounds on 1k+ expertise targets).

4.You claim that mercs/troopers are useless in Huttball. Believe me, It can be worse. Try playing as operative/scoundrel in huttball.

TL;DR version: BHs aren't worthless or useless at all.

Having just hit 50 on my PT i been grinding out WZ to get some pvp gear. I have already made differences in matches with maybe 200 expertise.

Slap guard on ball carriers & defensive pulls.

Considering by saving 2k warzone comms before lvl50 for two battlemaster pieces, and recruit gear... you could be sitting at 940+ expertise the second you hit 50, you are seriously letting yourself and your team down.

i stopped when i read sage/sorcs are a jack of all trades.... lol

lol some people won't be happy until the only thing a Sage can do is put up a dot from melee range...and who knows, maybe even then they'll still complain. After all that's pretty much what Sorc/Sage does these days, kite and stick DOTs and pray.

1. DPS - damage per second. The numbers you get on the scoreboard when warzone ends - OVERALL DAMAGE/HEALING

2. 300k isnt the ceiling for merc/trooper. Seen arsenal/gunnery mercs and troopers do 400k+ damage in voidstar/alderaan.

3.Your dps wasn't "nerfed to the ground" in 1.2, maybe its a "learn to play issue"? (Hello 7k HSM/Demo rounds on 1k+ expertise targets).

4.You claim that mercs/troopers are useless in Huttball. Believe me, It can be worse. Try playing as operative/scoundrel in huttball.

TL;DR version: BHs aren't worthless or useless at all.

Cool story bro, but I've been seeing muraders and sents get over 800k in warzones because they have a healer behind them. I seriously doubt a bh could do that even with a healer behind him. You guys say sorcs bring something to the table, but I generally lose when I have a bunch of sorcs on my team now. They are fodder. This pvp now is about who has the most muraders/sents followed by healers on their team. Everything else falls way short now on DPS. 1.2 is epic failness imo. They should just revert the dmg back the way it was before, but I highly doubt they'll do that. Instead, they'll just nerf more and make the game worse off.

Cool story bro, but I've been seeing muraders and sents get over 800k in warzones because they have a healer behind them. I seriously doubt a bh could do that even with a healer behind him. You guys say sorcs bring something to the table, but I generally lose when I have a bunch of sorcs on my team now. They are fodder. This pvp now is about who has the most muraders/sents followed by healers on their team. Everything else falls way short now on DPS. 1.2 is epic failness imo. They should just revert the dmg back the way it was before, but I highly doubt they'll do that. Instead, they'll just nerf more and make the game worse off.

Well maybe its marauders/sentinels being overpowered and not mercs/troopers gimped ?;p You know, there are other dps ACs like sniper/gunslinger, operatives/scoundrels, sages/sorcerers, assassins/shadows... Have you seen any of those doing significantly more damage than mercs/troopers on warzones?

And yeah, in pre 1.2 "good" team composition used to be 3-4 sorcs, 2-3 mercs and 1-2 of the other classes. Now its 3-4 marauders, 2-3 juggs and 1-2 of the rest xD

Edited by Escarrabutxaques

I play as a PT Pyro, and tbh have no issues with dmg output, BUT you can't judge everything by those damn WZ charts. Just because somebody hasn't done 300k, does not mean they can't potentially do 300k.... Some people like to play the objectives, defend, protect their healers etc. It sickens me that these games turn into who can do the biggest numbers.

In fact if I do see people with 400k dps + in games like huttball (snipers especially) I know for a fact they can't have been helping kill the carrier or assisting with running the ball in any way, just on their own little farming session ignoring the group.

I think you need to l2p.Merc is RANGED dps so it doesn't need a gap closer,you have a few defensive abilities that help with your survivability,you have atleast 2 knockbacks that I'm aware of((I think there is more?)) and you can crit for Massive numbers.That said I never would play a Merc in Arsenal specc,because I find most people will start attacking you when you get off a few tracers.

i wont say im a good player anymore, im 42 now and my reactiontime is not what it used to be, i have played games like this for 15 years though, so i would say im atleast still decent, i have a 69 sorc(retired) and a 81 gravspecced trooper

what im seing is that against bad groups i do really well, and am usually at the top of the scoreboards with my trooper

but as soon as we are up against good players i do not do well at all

if left alone a gravspecced trooper still hurts alot, but we are very easy to kill or just shut down

from watching my friends(non troopers) they seem to be much more consistent in their performance, and im fairly sure this is not because of me being a terrible player, but because my class is easy to shut down for anyone competent

The highest Valor ranked character on my server is a Pyro and she is absurdly lethal. I've seen her put out 550k damage in games where second place damage is only 350k. She hassles healers like no other and is about as annoying to face as a Marauder - possibly moreso as she likes to lasso us poor healers and drag us away from the rest of our team and then tear us to shreds. Lots of utility, lots of damage... BHs are far from useless. Sure, they aren't quite as sick as Marauders currently but you can put out crazy numbers if you do more than just spam Tracers...

I play as a PT Pyro, and tbh have no issues with dmg output, BUT you can't judge everything by those damn WZ charts. Just because somebody hasn't done 300k, does not mean they can't potentially do 300k.... Some people like to play the objectives, defend, protect their healers etc. It sickens me that these games turn into who can do the biggest numbers.

In fact if I do see people with 400k dps + in games like huttball (snipers especially) I know for a fact they can't have been helping kill the carrier or assisting with running the ball in any way, just on their own little farming session ignoring the group.

Agreed with the chart thing..Its even worse when they get all the MVP votes for just farming and not helping the objectives