A couple of questions.

NesisLegend

1. I was browsing through the Jedi Guardian PVP vendors and took a look at what the War Hero set looked like, and in my opinion it looks hideous. What I want to know is if I can rip out the mods from it and put it into a empty orange? For example the legacy sets? Will I get the set bonus if I mix and match with different pieces of empty oranges?

2. If I put higher level mods into a lower level orange will it scale to my level?

I just want to have that classic Jedi Knight look as seen in the trailers.

Thanks.

1. I was browsing through the Jedi Guardian PVP vendors and took a look at what the War Hero set looked like, and in my opinion it looks hideous. What I want to know is if I can rip out the mods from it and put it into a empty orange? For example the legacy sets? Will I get the set bonus if I mix and match with different pieces of empty oranges?

2. If I put higher level mods into a lower level orange will it scale to my level?

I just want to have that classic Jedi Knight look as seen in the trailers.

Thanks.

The set bonus is on the armoring on War Hero level gear and higher, so moving the mods will keep the set bonus. Anything below that (Battlemaster basically) is on the actual shell and cannot be transferred. So you'll have to wait until you have WH to make the move to different armor.

As to the second question, yes, you can use any orange gear and it will scale. If you check out any orange piece without anything in it, it has the same stats assuming it is the same type (light, medium, or heavy). As long as you are using the correct armor type for your class, you can use anything you'd like or take advantage of the adaptable social gear for any class.

The set bonus is on the armoring on War Hero level gear and higher, so moving the mods will keep the set bonus. Anything below that (Battlemaster basically) is on the actual shell and cannot be transferred. So you'll have to wait until you have WH to make the move to different armor.

As to the second question, yes, you can use any orange gear and it will scale. If you check out any orange piece without anything in it, it has the same stats assuming it is the same type (light, medium, or heavy). As long as you are using the correct armor type for your class, you can use anything you'd like or take advantage of the adaptable social gear for any class.

Thanks for the reply! Also what if I have already put mods into the orange and want to swap them out for better mods will it scale again? Does it have to be adaptable?

Thanks for the reply! Also what if I have already put mods into the orange and want to swap them out for better mods will it scale again? Does it have to be adaptable?

i believe you have the idea of adaptable armor and regular orange gear mixed up.

Adaptable armor which is social gear used to be categorized as light armor, which meant that only Consulars and Inquisitors could use it without hindering their stats. They then changed it so social armor was adaptable, meaning depending on your class the social gear will change its category. so if you are a light armor wearer the social gear stays light armor, but if you are a medium armor user the social gear is considered to be medium armor; if you use heavy armor the social gear is considered to be heavy armor.

Regular orange gear will have the armor class stay permanent, a heavy armor piece will never be usable by a class that uses light or medium.

Regarding the stats of orange gear, the amount of armor displayed is based ONLY on the armoring (or barrel/hilt if it is a weapon) you put in the orange piece. the rating which is determined by the armoring/barrel/hilt will change the amount of armoring/damage you get

i believe you have the idea of adaptable armor and regular orange gear mixed up.

Adaptable armor which is social gear used to be categorized as light armor, which meant that only Consulars and Inquisitors could use it without hindering their stats. They then changed it so social armor was adaptable, meaning depending on your class the social gear will change its category. so if you are a light armor wearer the social gear stays light armor, but if you are a medium armor user the social gear is considered to be medium armor; if you use heavy armor the social gear is considered to be heavy armor.

Regular orange gear will have the armor class stay permanent, a heavy armor piece will never be usable by a class that uses light or medium.

Regarding the stats of orange gear, the amount of armor displayed is based ONLY on the armoring (or barrel/hilt if it is a weapon) you put in the orange piece. the rating which is determined by the armoring/barrel/hilt will change the amount of armoring/damage you get

Oh ok, so the orange gear are basically shells?

So would it best to just get a set of orange gear and use comms to upgrade it as I level?

what are your crew skills and how many alts do you have?

in my opinion it's worthwhile having your own cybertech and artifice

cybertech creates armorings, mods, earpieces

artifice creates hilts, enhancements and color crystals

if you only have one character i would choose cybertech as enhancements usually cost less comms.

also if you want a full set of orange gear (besides bracers and belt) pick up a set of social gear (first sets available are on dromund kaas/coruscant)

there are also Legacy sets for each class which you can buy from Legacy vendors on your capital planet. those sets also include moddable belts and bracers (you can buy the pieces separate, and they are bound to legacy). your legacy needs to be the required level in order for you to use them though, and some of the sets are a tad pricey. Edited by happysister

there are also Legacy sets for each class which you can buy from Legacy vendors on your capital planet. those sets also include moddable belts and bracers (you can buy the pieces separate, and they are bound to legacy). your legacy needs to be the required level in order for you to use them though, and some of the sets are a tad pricey.

id recommend finding moddable belt/bracers on the GTN, they usually cost half the price of the legacy ones

Don't bother pulling the old mods out when upgrading as you level. Just put the new ones in. The old ones will be destroyed, but the cost to remove the mods is far more than they are worth. Once you get to the stuff where the set bonuses are on the armoring, not the "shell", then it will be worth it to pull the mod and put it into something else so you can have the look you want.