Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

My two cents, plus a quarter and a nickle for good measure.

I play a PT Pyro. I know what classes I can beat well, and I do target them, over, and over, and over. (When I can, without jeopardize the WZ) I have problems with Sent/Maruas, its a 50/50 battle.

Yea I avg. 250K a wz, nothing special, I guess I am a middle of the road player

Also, I have found out that positioning can be key to a high damage round.

for instance, I will position myself next to a enemy, with in 10 meters, but range attack someone else, tab target to the close guy, FB to refreash RS, tab back to the long range and rail shot, ect ect. tab back FB, etc, etc.. then the long range guy doesnt see who is hitting him, since I am really not hurting the guy close to me, he doesn't attack.

Play to your strengths. not that hard. Nerf the pyro, I have one of each class, I can switch. LOL

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree cuz I normally focus pyros too, but because they are exactly what they should be and not because I feel they are OP. Hit the glass cannon first unless of course there is a healer. I know the pyrotech is capable of a lot of damage but I also know he will drop FAST!

Which from my experience, most pyrotechs are pretty soft and drop quickly without a pocket healer. Going for

Your argument thus far is that Pyro Powertechs deserve the higher burst damage because they are easy to kill. Except this argument is quite easily proven false based on the fact that many classes have equal or less survivability than a PT and lack the same high burst.

Prove that PTs die faster than the rest of the classes in this game or stop posting in this thread. Because you are doing nothing but regurgitating the same clearly false argument over and over.

PS. Listing the number of defensive cooldowns does not prove you die faster.

PPS. Listing Marauder or tank assassins does not prove your point either as there are more than 3 classes/specs in this game.

PPPS. The fact that Marauders or tank Assassins may or may not also be overpowered does not mean that PTs dont need to be nerfed. This is a thread about PTs, there are already plenty of threads about Marauders and tank Assassins.

Edited by Gidoru

Your argument thus far is that Pyro Powertechs deserve the higher burst damage because they are easy to kill. Except this argument is quite easily proven false based on the fact many classes have equal or less survivability than a PT and lack the same high burst.

Prove that PTs die faster than the rest of the classes in this game or stop posting in this thread. Because you are doing nothing but regurgitating the same clearly false argument over and over.

PSS. Listing Marauder or tank assassins does not prove your point either as there are more than 3 classes in this game.

1. From all of the classes I've played so far (Marauder, Sage, PT, Assassin and Operative) PT has by far less survivability. I do well with all of these classes but end up with more deaths by a noticeable amount when playing my PT. Maybe your experience with other classes is based on the fact that you aren't very good at playing those classes. On top of that I highly doubt that ANY class has LESS defensive tools that the PT... I could be wrong since I haven't played ALL of the classes... but I would love an example of a class with LESS defense.

2. If everyone else is telling you that your crazy and you think everyone else is crazy... well... there can only be one conclusion to that argument. :D

3. I did not list the amount of defensive CD's

4. I did not until now list anything about the other classes that I've played.

5. You're so convinced that you are right and everyone else is wrong that I'm not sure why I or anyone else is bothering to try and convince you of anything since you obviously looking at the game with some serious tunnel vision. So I'll end with this. You are absolutely correct and the pyrotech is GOD. I'm not even sure why there are other classes in the game. We should all roll one immediately as it's the only way to balance PvP. Thank you for pointing this out and I'm sure the dev's will get on top of deleting the other classes right away.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Your argument thus far is that Pyro Powertechs deserve the higher burst damage because they are easy to kill. Except this argument is quite easily proven false based on the fact that many classes have equal or less survivability than a PT and lack the same high burst.

PPS. Listing Marauder or tank assassins does not prove your point either as there are more than 3 classes/specs in this game.

PPPS. The fact that Marauders or tank Assassins may or may not also be overpowered does not mean that PTs dont need to be nerfed. This is a thread about PTs, there are already plenty of threads about Marauders and tank Assassins.

Really??? Most other classes has good defense or escape tools, PT has practically none other than a 25% damage reduction for 12 seconds on a long cooldown. The only other class I know has low suvivability besides PT is deception assassin and they have force speed and cloak and shroud.

Edited by Sookster

1. From all of the classes I've played so far (Marauder, Sage, PT, Assassin and Operative) PT has by far less survivability. I do well with all of these classes but end up with more deaths by a noticeable amount when playing my PT. Maybe your experience with other classes is based on the fact that you aren't very good at playing those classes.

So your "proof" is based entirely on your person experience and a baseless assertion that i must be bad at this game?

Clearly such 'proof' has merit. I suppose everyone should just blindly take your word for it when you lack any evidence to speak of?

2. If everyone else is telling you that your crazy and you think everyone else is crazy... well... there can only be one conclusion to that argument. :D

Fallacious reasoning.

If 10 people say something is X and 1 person says that something is Y it does not mean that X is true and Y is false. A statement does not become more true the more people that say it is true.

So you're quite simply wrong, there is not 'one conclusion to that argument'

Secondly, im pretty sure everyone has not said Powertechs die easily.

3. I did not list the amount of defensive CD's

4. I did not until now list anything about the other classes that I've played.

I never said you did, i was qualifiying for you what proof must entail by explaining that those stock and clearly false responses that have already been given are not suffiecient.

Edited by Gidoru

Really??? Most other classes has good defense or escape tools, PT has practically none other than a 25% damage reduction for 12 seconds on a long cooldown. The only other class I know has low suvivability besides PT is deception assassin and they have force speed and cloak and shroud.

Pretty sure i just told you that a list of defensive CD's does not prove anything, but you provided me with one anyway? Thanks.

Let's look at the one AC that can't spec into a "Burst" tree, since Gidoru is so focused on that, That one class is a Sorc/Sage. Now, lets look at the damage a Sorc has. It's all consistent damage that may not kill you in a few hits but it will kill you with many small hits from DoT's in nearly the same time. This makes a Sorcs damage more supportive, while more burstier specs/classes like Pyro PT or Rage Jugg may get all the killing blows, the Sorc will still get very high damage and take part in killing everyone. My Balance Sage friend gets nearly 500k damage a game, does that class need a nerf too?

Don't forget it's the class with the most CC in the game to boot.

I don't think pyrotechs need a huge nerf, but I do feel like a number of classes need to be brought up to the level of marauder, pyrotech, assasin, juggernaught. They need to look more closely at all class abilities, and in particular the way they scale.

Nobody likes to have their class nerfed and all that these rounds of nerfs have done is twist the blade to an already dying game.