Is it me, or has pvp improved over the last week?

ObscureKnight

Since the launch of the PTS I have notice a sharp decline in certain PVP'ers on the field. Strangely enough I no longer see the same BS I was seeing in terms of lag and other "play by mechanics." With them gone I have started to enjoy pvp again it feels more balanced.

And set timer for trolls / flaming.....

GO...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it's improved greatly.

More skilled players making it more challenging and fun. Less people blaming their lack of skill on hacks/exploits/etc. Sure there are more bugs and some glaring balance issues, but overall, it's much more entertaining.

Edit: Misread the post. Thought you were talking about the test server.

Edited by jibboo

I haven't been pvping in awhile cause of RL stuff over my head recently, but are you saying pvp is far more enjoyable than it was 2 weeks ago?

Yes, I have found it more enjoyable. On my imp and pub toons, sub and 50. Since I play both sides of the fence, I have seen some of the concerns others have voiced over time with both sides. I am not getting the lag I was getting in WZ now, and Wins to Loss is about 1:1 half now instead of the more 1:4 I was seeing before the world event. The fights also seem to be more down to the last second on who is going to win, and that is more fun than having a match where it is noticeably decided in the first minute.

actually completely serious, any anyone who is familiar with pvp on this server would tell you basically the same thing

Ahhh my bad, I forgot that the super elite must be pleased with anything said here. Since after all no one out side the circle can seem to have an opinion. Maybe I can find a suitable offering to you?

You seem to miss the part I mentioned about stupid things such as lag.

Forgot to add.

Also you automatically assumed that I was referring to the "elite." I was referring to the lack of quite a few others that are not just the top players.

Edited by ObscureKnight

Ahhh my bad, I forgot that the super elite must be pleased with anything said here. Since after all no one out side the circle can seem to have an opinion. Maybe I can find a suitable offering to you?

You seem to miss the part I mentioned about stupid things such as lag.

These "stupid things" you are referring to have nothing to do with whether or not certain people are on the pts or on live. The only thing which the pts has caused is that the best players from every server have, for the most part, taken a vacation from the live server in order to test out new level 55 content.

As a result, bad players, such as yourself, who won't even say what their ingame name is on the forums will have slightly more fun on live due to not getting owned by skilled players nearly as much as they typically would.

Not to say that your claim isn't valid, there are far more bad players in this game than there are good ones, so it makes sense that removing a great portion of good players would make the game on average, more fun for the players who remain on live, I just find it funny that ranked pvp instantly becomes active the day that ID takes a break from live and we get threads like this.

Edited by thesadplanet

Improved my ***.

6 warzones in a row of getting the **** end of the stick in lowbie. It's one thing when teams are balanced and it's down to the wire but this isn't the case. I'm not having fun, I'm down right pissed off and really getting tired of having to pay money to deal with this crap. Sad thing is, I used to enjoy PVP in this game.

So, it's pretty much run in a premade or get steam rolled all day.

Would play on the PTS but I don't feel like dealing with bugs.

Personally I think PVP has been crap this last week. Most of the people I pvp with are all on the PTS, so if I actually get into a ranked group I count myself lucky if I can scrounge up at least 4 medals. Unranked isn't much better. I don't know if there has been an influx of people who haven't pvp'ed before, or I'm just having bad luck with the queues, but I haven't had to explain the concept of the different maps this often since they all first came out.

These "stupid things" you are referring to have nothing to do with whether or not certain people are on the pts or on live. The only thing which the pts has caused is that the best players from every server have, for the most part, taken a vacation from the live server in order to test out new level 55 content.

As a result, bad players, such as yourself, who won't even say what their ingame name is on the forums will have slightly more fun on live due to not getting owned by skilled players nearly as much as they typically would.

Not to say that your claim isn't valid, there are far more bad players in this game than there are good ones, so it makes sense that removing a great portion of good players would make the game on average, more fun for the players who remain on live, I just find it funny that ranked pvp instantly becomes active the day that ID takes a break from live and we get threads like this.

I dont know i wouldn't consider myself good on any toon, but I feel bad when my 64k damage (to go with 408k heals) is 4th in damage on a huttball when there was only 2 other heals to get in the 100-120k mark. Seriously when people tell you to mash the 1 button repeatedly because getting 19k dmaage in a 13 min huttball... they are actually telling you a strat that will turn you 19k damage into 120k damage. So yes pvp is much worse, there appears to be a few good people who solo queu, but no real good guilds queuing as a group much. As all the people who count in general are on the PTS.

And to the original poster, I am sorry if you think PVP is better, it is just now a greater concentration of people who i dont know, all i can assume is they do not press buttons to be in such long warzones and do so little.

(oh and on a side note I realised i posted this on the wrong account, i meant to post it on my Ivan, Yuliya-Jr, Bob-Buffet account... not the Vanya account)... :eek:

Edited by WHudson

OP is clearly talking about the server stability. Others are referring to player quality.

Re: server stability, it's still very laggy in spikes for me, and I run Unleashed.

Re: quality, I've never seen more junk & fresh 50s ruining WZ's in a loooong time. So many baddies out in full force right now!

Edited by adiwantinova

Personally I think PVP has been crap this last week. Most of the people I pvp with are all on the PTS, so if I actually get into a ranked group I count myself lucky if I can scrounge up at least 4 medals. Unranked isn't much better. I don't know if there has been an influx of people who haven't pvp'ed before, or I'm just having bad luck with the queues, but I haven't had to explain the concept of the different maps this often since they all first came out.

This.