More Precise Timeline for Battles of BBY 3653?

feylyndiira

Does anyone know where I can find a precise timeline for everything that occurred prior to the Treaty of Coruscant, in regards to battles etc? I'm trying to figure out in what order various ones took place in relation to each other (mainly Druckenwell and Rhen Var) so i can make sure I get my history right for a fanfic I'm writing. All of the timelines I've found so far just list them all as taking place in BBY 3653, but no good relation as far as which came/started/ended first.

this is the one i've used for figuring out my characters birth years - https://torcommunity.com/guides/game-basics/timeline ? i don't know if it'll help, exactly, but i hope it will!

and good luck on your fanfic!! :p

Thank you! I'm going to hope/assume that they actually posted them in order that they happened. I just needed to know which came first of those two.

And, if you'd like to read it, the link's in my sig...plus I posted over in the Fan Fiction forum as well. :-)

Thank you! I'm going to hope/assume that they actually posted them in order that they happened. I just needed to know which came first of those two.

And, if you'd like to read it, the link's in my sig...plus I posted over in the Fan Fiction forum as well. :-)

Do keep in mind that the Sith Empire revealed its presence to the greater galaxy in 3681 BBY; the battles you're thinking of took place over a time span of twenty-eight YEARS.

You'll want to look at Wookieepedia, it has a list of every known battle in the Great Galactic War. However, not every battle ever mentioned has a concrete date.

Edited by Diviciacus

Do keep in mind that the Sith Empire revealed its presence to the greater galaxy in 3681 BBY; the battles you're thinking of took place over a time span of twenty-eight YEARS.

I know....I was just looking for what happened in that particular year, prior to the Treaty of Coruscant.

You'll want to look at Wookieepedia, it has a list of every known battle in the Great Galactic War. However, not every battle ever mentioned has a concrete date.

I did...that's why I was asking for more specific dates. I have characters who have backstory related to some of the events in that year and just wanted to make sure I got it right as far as what order everything happened in. (I'm a stickler for details like that. ;))

(I'm a stickler for details like that. ;))

I know that feeling. Sometimes there isn't much you can do beyond keep your narrative internally consistent and hope new information doesn't come out that forces you to retcon your writing and/or ignore it. (And I am well aware of your story :) ).

I've utilized events in TOR's past as well, but most of the time the best I can piece together is a relative chronology. After that's it's just a question of "if I stick this undated event in this year when character X is age Y, does everything still line up, or does the timeline break?" It's basically just doing a little historical archaeology.

Take the Empire's (failed) assault on Karideph as an example:

Orgus Din and Harron Tavus (of JK and Trooper fame) both fought in it. Wookieepedia says that it was "sometime after 3667 BBY" - that gives us our terminus post quem, or "time after which." The Treaty of Coruscant in 3653 BBY gives us our terminus ante quem ("time before which") because necessarily a large-scale battle between the Empire and Republic HAD to happen pre-Treaty. But, 3667 and 3653 BBY bookend fourteen years of the War; that's a pretty wide gap!

Personally, things fit nicer and felt nicer with backstories when I placed it towards the earlier side of things, somewhere around 3666/5 BBY. Those dates work with TOR's internal chronology as well. Orgus Din is not a young man by any stretch (#SilverfoxJedi), and Harron Tavus definitely also isn't terribly young, although in-game he does look younger than Orgus Din. If the battle was in 3666 BBY, Tavus being in his mid-40's fits. As commander of Havoc squad in 3643 BBY, if he was in his 20's on Karideph he'd be mid to late 40's by TOR. And that's also logical and consistent with standard practices of real-life militaries.

However, that's still all personal preference and it wouldn't surprise me if there are people who pinned it much later.

TL;DR - Personally, I think that as long as you can make whatever you want to do work without a) contravening established timelines, and b) you like what you have, then by all means put things wherever you need them :)

Edited by Diviciacus