Voiceover questing revelation is a lie

MuNieK

It succesfully gets rid of boring questing only at begining when quests are fun and when its the first time you hear your own character lines...

...with time quests becomes amasingly boring so you spacebar trough them after reading text ahead of actor voiceover, and then choose one of the repeatable:

"bring me up to speed", "i havent even break a sweat" or other "as it should be" (samples of sith warrior countlessly repeated lines), ***?! How could you ruin such a nice immersion-bulding feature?

At lvl 41 voiceover relevation comes up to be a lie and games is looking to be a bugged, unpolished, unfinished, boring game with harsh controlls and lack of developers attention to most irritating problems.

I was expecting more when i spent my first hours in the game...

Edited by MuNieK

There are a few stock phrases that crop up again and again, sure, but there are also unique responses that you have never heard before, that you will miss if you spacebar. I can tell you this because I never spacebar, and I have several alts who have done the "same" content.

Certainly for zone quests, but even for side quests sometimes, NPCs react to you differently as a different class, and you sometimes get different choices.

As a general point, what you are saying has some validity, but it's offset by the fact that you don't have to do all the same side quests when you level an alt. Each class has a unique story, plus the zone quests are subtly different for different classes, plus there are enough side-quests so you don't have to do all of them in a zone, you can mix and match (i.e. refuse some sometimes, or even not bother having the conversation), plus of course do Heroics, FPs, WZs, space combat. There are lots of combinations of these things that will get you to level for the next zone without having to repeat too much content.

Having said that, of course the game could still do with more unique content, but for the moment, they need to concentrate on endgame problems, then add more mid-level content once that's sorted.

i feel that for the credits spent on voice acting, that they could have realized that only having maybe 15 stock phrases (vague enough so they apply to a wide variety of situations) would ruin the appeal of said voice acting entirely.

if they are going to use such a lazy and vague system, they should have doubled, if not tripled, the amount of general statements to repeat for the entire duration of the game.

or they, you know, could have actual voice acting that reflects your actual conversation choices... i'd rather have my character not saying anything like in dragon age if my conversation choices actually were my own.

It succesfully gets rid of boring questing only at begining when quests are fun and when its the first time you hear your own character lines...

...with time quests becomes amasingly boring so you spacebar trough them after reading text ahead of actor voiceover, and then choose one of the repeatable:

"bring me up to speed", "i havent even break a sweat" or other "as it should be" (samples of sith warrior countlessly repeated lines), ***?! How could you ruin such a nice immersion-bulding feature?

At lvl 41 voiceover relevation comes up to be a lie and games is looking to be a bugged, unpolished, unfinished, boring game with harsh controlls and lack of developers attention to most irritating problems.

As opposed to grinding levels (per ALL MMOs) and doing repeatable quests for dailies and having to read everything, including the stock text of the classes accepting the quest repeated over and over ....

At least now, when I do quests, I don't have to spam thru text ... What exactly did you think it would be like anyway? An unlimited database of comments that you never hear repeated more than twice in a week?

Over-expectation, it is a game ... I hate hearing it also, but I use a spacebar (just as in other MMOs where I could just stop it from scrolling the text) ...

i feel that for the credits spent on voice acting, that they could have realized that only having maybe 15 stock phrases (vague enough so they apply to a wide variety of situations) would ruin the appeal of said voice acting entirely.

if they are going to use such a lazy and vague system, they should have doubled, if not tripled, the amount of general statements to repeat for the entire duration of the game.

or they, you know, could have actual voice acting that reflects your actual conversation choices... i'd rather have my character not saying anything like in dragon age if my conversation choices actually were my own.

no no, the point is to have no repeatation in feature that is meant to hide the repeatation (questing grind repeatation), so at least in voiceacting you always see somethign fresh, but no... EA and their greedy politics must have cut the corners and fool their customers. Right, who could have known that after first planet all the voice acting will come out to be another Tortage.

Edited by MuNieK

I think this is where you and I start getting accused of being fanbois or biodrones btw ... heh

no, noone really cares about you. Even if you will start recitate praises it wont differ from marketing we get feeded with. Truth is game is poor. Not worth the money.

Edited by MuNieK

no no, the point is to have no repeatation in feature that is meant to hide the repeatation (questing grind repeatation), so at least in voiceacting you always see somethign fresh, but no... EA and their greedy politics must have cut the corners and fool their customers. Right, who could have known that after first planet all the voice acting will come out to be another Tortage.

Did you seriously just post that there should be no repetition ... in a game ... As in, they should have made an unlimited database of voice comments so nothing is ever repeated ...

just wow ... This must be your first game? Like .. your VERY first game .. ever ...

Opinions are opinions I suppose. Personally, I have not space barred one conversation while leveling to 50, only in heroic mode flash points.

I find them integral to me enjoying the game.

Why are you so surprised you didn't like it? You would think with so many voice over "pick a choice" type RPG's out there you would know what they were like, and if you enjoyed them.

I'm level 43. I've heard my Jedi say some things quite a bit ("Helping others is both a duty and an honor"... that phrase needs to die) but it's really not game breaking.

Additionally, I generally only space bar through the dialog when it's an alien language but ONLY after I read the text. I don't really need to listen to random gibberish at this stage in the game :)

So I just have to disagree with you, OP. I still listen to (or at least read) ALL dialog and I probably always will :)

Edited by CecilTellyn

no, noone really cares about you. Even if you will start recitate praises it wont differ from marketing we get feeded with. Truth is game is poor. Not worth the money.

Well if your going to be outright disrespectful, I don't see why you even post in here, unless you feel like getting into a arguement.

You seem to believe your opinion is fact, and anyone who actually enjoys voice overs in this game is nuts.

no, noone really cares about you.

Just as no one cares if you ..

Never mind, I'm still awestruck you thought a they should have no repetition ever in pre-recorded voice comments .. in a game ...

If you seriously thought that AND you bought the game thinking it would be some AI world, you might wanna re-evaluate, maybe go outside, fresh air, things like that .. The amazing thing about outside, is the comments made never repeat .. err .. nm, things get repeated all the time ..

Just like your "original thread" ....

Opinions are opinions I suppose. Personally, I have not space barred one conversation while leveling to 50, only in heroic mode flash points.

I find them integral to me enjoying the game.

Why are you so surprised you didn't like it? You would think with so many voice over "pick a choice" type RPG's out there you would know what they were like, and if you enjoyed them.

I havent spacebar single quest till lvl 41... i just cant stand it anymore. Whats the point of hiring an actor to record a stupid, boring, uninspired scripts' reading interspersed with my character's lines i have heard so many times and some dont even fit the dialogue that much...

Well if your going to be outright disrespectful, I don't see why you even post in here, unless you feel like getting into a arguement.

You seem to believe your opinion is fact, and anyone who actually enjoys voice overs in this game is nuts.

Disrespectfull is the person who hijack thread with his comments of how he is propably being called right now. WHo cares? Its plain trolling.

I havent spacebar single quest till lvl 41... i just cant stand it anymore. Whats the point of hiring an actor to record a stupid, boring, uninspired scripts' reading interspersed with my character's lines i have heard so many times and some dont even fit the dialogue that much...

Either you don't understand how much voice acting on a massive scale costs, or you just don't care and want it to be unique no matter what.

I seriously think you need to reconsider what you think is "good" because even mass effect has repeated lines, it's also a much smaller game than this. Your bar is set way too high.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

How dare actors read scripts !!! And they dare have the games lines alternating with your characters???? The Horror !!! Nothing is like that out in the world !!

Well, except TV, Movies, other games that have voice-overs, conversations with other people ...

NM, I have to ask though, are you drinking?

Disrespectfull is the person who hijack thread with his comments of how he is propably being called right now. WHo cares? Its plain trolling.

Right and your new and refreshing hate thread about the game, that is just good and helpful posting right? This thread could never be taken as a troll thread, right?

Edited by Balrizangor

How dare actors read scripts !!! And they dare have the games lines alternating with your characters???? The Horror !!! Nothing is like that out in the world !!

Well, except TV, Movies, other games that have voice-overs, conversations with other people ...

NM, I have to ask though, are you drinking?

Right and your new and refreshing hate thread about the game, that is just good and helpful posting right? This thread could never be taken as a troll thread, right?

Delusion at it's finest.

Either you don't understand how much voice acting on a massive scale costs, or you just don't care and want it to be unique no matter what.

I seriously think you need to reconsider what you think is "good" because even mass effect has repeated lines, it's also a much smaller game than this. Your bar is set way too high.

I dont need to understund more than i do at present time to judge that IF they are hiring actors to read all the NPCs quest lines, then they could afford the PC's actor goign trough all those quests with unique scripts. If anything else other than "yes" and "no" is being duplicated you can save 5% costs and loose 80% effect it will make.

Make your math... they somehow afforded multuiple actors reading tones and tones of scripts, and you are trying to make me believe your theory that thjey coudlnt afford PC's actors do the same thign as NPCs actors?

I dont need to understund more than i do at present time to judge that IF they are hiring actors to read all the NPCs quest lines, then they could afford the PC's actor goign trough all those quests with unique scripts. If anything else other than "yes" and "no" is being duplicated you can save 5% costs and loose 80% effect it will make.

Make your math... they somehow afforded multuiple actors reading tones and tones of scripts, and you are trying to make me believe your theory that thjey coudlnt afford PC's actors do the same thign as NPCs actors?

First of all, don't tell me to "Make my math" you pulled all those numbers out of thin air, your argument is flawed.

Second, voice over artists aren't payed with one regular amount all the time, it depends on the actor, and the number of lines they do, asking them to do "one more line please" is going to make the bill larger. if you do this with all of them to make each statement unique it adds up, that's math.

Your expectations and the bar you set for this game is extremely high and shows you have never played a different fully voiced over choice game before. It's a huge money sink and really not worth it when it only effects a tiny minority of people like you, who expect too much.

*shrug*

Like every other game on the market I hit the button to skip the VO's as soon as I finish reading the text. I know what they're saying and don't have to sit around waiting for the VO's to "earn" their (overpaid) checks.

I should demand my money back for this game called Real Life. I mean, all the conversations start the same way all the time, what happens during the day is repetitive, and the quests OMG, everything is so boring!!! And the worst part??? At the level cap....YOU DIE. TERRIBLE.