Possible Return of Darth Vader in the new films

irished

I doubt he'll be alive in Force Awakens. The new movie takes place after the defeat of the Emperor, and Vader is very much dead at the hands of his own son, Luke. So his appearance is probably a flashback or maybe some kind of recording Vader made in the past...

Force Ghost is what I'm thinking.

Yes but if you notice in the first trailer they showed, they showed the half rotted away mask of Vader in it?, Yes you are right could be force ghost but what if Kylo Ren and the inquisitors have some ritual that brings him back or something?. I suppose we will see!.

I think you have to remember that above all else JJ Abrams is a fan of star wars, and I would seriously doubt he would take part in anything that brings vader back to life. Could perhaps be a memory sequence or could perhaps be a ghost or perhaps even just a nightmare. Recalling Luke on Dagobah but also I recall hearing that in this movie that Luke is in self imposed exile because he is fearful of falling to the darkside after being tempted in RotJ. So perhaps we get a dream sequence or something with a Vader kicking *** and slicing and dicing through the galaxy only to have luke take off the vader helmet or something and then wake up.

I don't know but I would almost be willing to bet my life that we are not seeing a truly resurrected darth vader in this film.

Flashbacks and Force Apparitions. I'm good with. Seeing how Vader was cremated, cloning would be the only way to resurrect Vader/Anakin. I hope they don't go down that road.

There's rumors that Kylo could be a Skywalker or a Solo. If that's the case then his obsession with Vader means he has an obsession with his grandfather. It's more likely that if this is the case Anakin is going to come back as a ghost to lay him straight about how much he's messed things up.

I had this conversation with a friend of mine yesterday...and yes this is a bit out there but...

I don't think it would be much of a reach to bring Vader back. After all Darth Sidious was Darth Plagueis' apprentice and darth plagueis was the sith lord he spoke of in 3 to anikin.

As for the 3 ghosts at the end of Return that Luke saw....he imagined the whole thing.

That said I don't think Disney would make the horrid mistake of bringing Hayden in for a major part of the movies

if they are bringing back the dude who played Anakin in the prequels then its probably gonna be a force ghost kind of thing (how that would work I know not because Anakin never did the Midi-Chlorian thing Yoda and Quigon did, atleast, not that I know of.) Edited by Cordarn

if they are bringing back the dude who played Anakin in the prequels then its probably gonna be a force ghost kind of thing (how that would work I know not because Anakin never did the Midi-Chlorian thing Yoda and Quigon did, atleast, not that I know of.)

maybe it was taught to him between 3 and 4 in those 30 years idk

if they are bringing back the dude who played Anakin in the prequels then its probably gonna be a force ghost kind of thing (how that would work I know not because Anakin never did the Midi-Chlorian thing Yoda and Quigon did, atleast, not that I know of.)

Anakin's ghost (recently changed to Hayden from lucas' edits) appears at the end of ROTJ. So he already shows up.

There are also rumors that there will be princess leia flashbacks, so if they are putting in flashbacks as a storytelling method in these new movies I wouldn't rule it out. To be honest I'd love to see Hayden get another crack at it with some good dialogue to deliver; I always thought he had a bit of a raw deal with the way the PT was written.

The article say Episode VIII not VII that we might see this so everyone who is saying VII need to reread this, as for what is mention in the article I would think we might see flashbacks or even the ghost of Anakin, to resurrect Vader seems a bit out there but as a Star Trek fan I have seen what JJ has done in bringing Khan to the alt universe so anything is possible here I guess. If they do try to do this they better decide quick because Jame Earl Jones is not getting any younger and it would not be Vader with out him doing the voice. Edited by BlkBug

I doubt he'll be alive in Force Awakens. The new movie takes place after the defeat of the Emperor, and Vader is very much dead at the hands of his own son, Luke. So his appearance is probably a flashback or maybe some kind of recording Vader made in the past...

Erm, he didn't die at the hands of his son, the emperor did via force lightning.

What???

I think he's confused with the side movie which takes place between episode 3 and 4. It's called Rogue Squadron. Hayden Christensen will also reprise his role for Vader in that but he'll also reprise his role for Vader in episode 8. Though, I think it's very likely that will be as Vader's spirit.

I think he's confused with the side movie which takes place between episode 3 and 4. It's called Rogue Squadron. Hayden Christensen will also reprise his role for Vader in that but he'll also reprise his role for Vader in episode 8. Though, I think it's very likely that will be as Vader's spirit.

Rogue One actually, and I heard about Vader being in that. But Christensen? Why?

Someone just needs to clone James Earl Jones, and have him voice act every Vader for now on.

Rogue One actually, and I heard about Vader being in that. But Christensen? Why?

Someone just needs to clone James Earl Jones, and have him voice act every Vader for now on.

Probably because Christensen isn't a bad actor. If you've seen his other stuff he didn't get a chance. If you read interviews and watch the documentaries George was quoted as telling him to be "Whinier." and "project more." and that he wasn't being "whiney" enough. So the blame is on Lucas for his performance. With a better director he could do better in his role.

Probably because Christensen isn't a bad actor. If you've seen his other stuff he didn't get a chance. If you read interviews and watch the documentaries George was quoted as telling him to be "Whinier." and "project more." and that he wasn't being "whiney" enough. So the blame is on Lucas for his performance. With a better director he could do better in his role.

If he was told to be as such, then how is that a bad thing?

Also I really must have a vastly different opinion of the term 'Whiner" than everyone else in the world.

If he was told to be as such, then how is that a bad thing?

Also I really must have a vastly different opinion of the term 'Whiner" than everyone else in the world.

A lot of fans felt that it was a bad thing. Personally, I don't mind the prequels. I don't like them as much as the original but I've seen them enough to almost have them memorized.

A lot of fans felt that it was a bad thing. Personally, I don't mind the prequels. I don't like them as much as the original but I've seen them enough to almost have them memorized.

Funny enough I too watched em all to the point of memorizing, entire scenes/dialogue, all that lol. Although now my memory might be a tad rusty.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

What has Hayden Christensen done other than Star Wars? A few B movies here and there, in addition, some supporting roles. Pretty much nothing of any recognition. If he were a good actor, that wouldn't be the case.

Regarding your "he didn't get a chance", there's good reason for it. He was the lead actor in SW 2 and 3, and couldn't pull it off. When it was all said and done, it was Portman, McGregor and McDiarmid.

I won't disagree with you on Lucas' handling of his actors, but that doesn't change Hayden's performance. See McDiarmid and McGregor in all three movies.. We can even go back as far as Ford, who turned into an A-list actor during his prime. Putting the onus on Lucas is nearly idiotic in regards to Hayden.

Edited by Pirana