At guild summit you said CSRs can change legacy names...

Agathorn

At the guild summit the question was asked about being able to change our legacy names, and the response was "we don’t have an automated system in place right now, maybe something in the works soon. Right now you will have to contact a CSR."

Why was this stated? Are CSRs supposed to be helping us? I ask because I have asked multiples times and every time I do, my ticket is promptly closed and I am told "At present we are unable to provide assistance with requests to fix or change character or legacy names."

One hand doesn't seem to know what the other is doing here!

This is extremely frustrating. The legacy system is very core to this game, and some of us mistyped when we entered our legacy names, and have been stuck with this annoyance for months now. I am slightly dislexic and sometimes flip letters around. Normally I notice and fix it, but I was all excited when I got my legacy name and didn't realize until after that I had mistyped it. Being stuck with a typo for a legacy name is really ruining my enjoyment of the legacy system.

TL;DR Why was it stated at the guild summit that we should speak with a CSR about legacy name fixes, only to be told by the CSRs that they can't help us

"we don’t have an automated system in place right now, maybe something in the works soon. Right now you will have to contact a CSR."
Change 'right now' to 'when 1.2 goes live'. The guild summit itself is about 1.2, the question to Legacy was in reference if anything in 1.2 would allow them to change Legacy names. They don't have something in the works currently. I would guess that when 1.2 goes live they will probably have tools to deal with it at that time.