POLL: TOR or KotOR 3

dnomz

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, I would hate that.

I hate when a game is successful so they milk it and have it come out every year with barely any changes gameplay wise and the story isn't that great.

So many games today are doing this and knowing LA, they'd do it.

Heh, the thing is, if you're treating SWTOR as KOTORs 3 through 10 (8 class stories) then that's exactly what you have. 8 stories without any advancement in graphics or gameplay mechanics, with stories that "aren't that great" (compared to BioWare's usual genius) and which actually send you through the same hoops (all of the quests other than the class story quests are the same for each faction.)

If you really did have KOTORs 3-10, you'd have 8 completely separate games, where no quest is shared between games, and the stories (hopefully) are up to BioWare's usual greatness.

That said, I'm not trading ToR for 1 more KOTOR. For the possibility of 8 more KOTORs, though? Yes, absolutely. It's sad that we'll likely never see another Old Republic era single player RPG. Not from BioWare, and likely not from anyone else, either.

-Macheath.

If you had asked me that question before SWTOR launched, I would have said SWTOR before KOTOR, simply because a great Star Wars MMO is what we all want.

If you ask me SWTOR patch 1.3 or KOTOR 3 (not knowing what KOTOR 3 would be like) I would say KOTOR 3.

If you really did have KOTORs 3-10, you'd have 8 completely separate games, where no quest is shared between games, and the stories (hopefully) are up to BioWare's usual greatness.

Exactly. Add to this the fact that the storylines in SWTOR are totally linear since the choices you make do not have any consequences.

SWTOR is not KOTOR 3-10. It's SWTOR.

Edited by Andge

Exactly. Add to this the fact that the storylines in SWTOR are totally linear since the choices you make do not have any consequences.

SWTOR is not KOTOR 3-10. It's SWTOR.

Also true. After the ME3 ending debacle, I'm pretty sure BioWare will be taking great care to make choices matter in their future endeavors. ToR's a game where you can't influence a thing, no matter how hard you try. I've said before that my responses in dialogue scenes (specifically when receiving and turning in quests) feel like I'm interrupting the NPC's monologue, rather than having a true conversation, with give and take. I'm not really contributing to the conversation, but rather interrupting someone as they are giving me a speech. At best, they stop their speech to hastily answer my question, then keep going as if nothing happened.

-Macheath.