Pro-Common Purple Color Crystal Support Thread

ErikModi

/Rant

1.) I personally don't mind working a little harder for it than you would for say a blue or green crystal, but being completely in the dark and having no idea if we can even GET purple as republic side is disheartening. I don't mind if its somewhat rare, but if we have level 50's on republic side that have no F**king clue on where to even begin looking, than i think its a problem.

2.)This is my biggest gripe, people will use colors like Purple, cyan, magenta and such but not for the color, but for the stats of them. "Man I can't use that green color, its noob. I'll use this pink one! Everyone wants me in the guild because my pink lightsaber is the best color in the game and people know I'm strong."

This is alarming to me. The color should have nothing to do with how good the saber is. If the devs want certain colors to be rarer than others i can understand, but why the normal colors and why stats on them?

Magenta for example, not your average color on the spectrum , but the things you have to do to get it is absurd. How would anyone begin to guess on how to get that crystal? Correct me if I'm wrong but does the game not even hint slightly on what you had to do to get it? Didn't it take a Dev or CSR to give us a "hint" to even figure this out? I don't mind doing a small quest like that to get it, but really? Endgame? What about all those crystal caves we saw in Kotor?

3.) And what about artifice/archaeology/treasure hunting? I feel as artifice we are getting the big slap here. We should be able to make all the normal colors(Red, orange, green, purple, blue, and yellow)in some way shape or form through artifice, and this is basically true, but purple? Whats up with that? All the other main colors of the spectrum are there but purple is MIA. I have to say that's a load of crap. Why are yellow and orange not hard to find like purple? What makes purple so special? Why can't Orange and purple be the same difficulty or just slightly more hard to make than yellow crystals?

/end rant

Tl;Dr - Yes, I agree NORMAL SPECTRUM colors should be obtainable by relatively simple means. IMO all that needs to be done is make purple(and i think orange as well) as hard to get as yellow is. You have to do a little treasure hunting and get some rarer mats to make it. Also, Color crystals shouldn't have stats.

/Signed