Please reduce HM Affliction on Tyrans in Dread Palace (or make cleansible)

Hi Bioware.

I have been through this fight with different healers and almost always there is a tank dying with Thundering blast right as the dot goes out. Essentially making it so there is three people that need huge heals at the SAME time. I throw bubble up on each person, right as the dot goes out. It hardly mitigates the damage. Also when casting big heals on players you are forcing us healers to stay still possibly dropping infernos or Simplification in horrible areas. Mid heal I move, that person dies. Surely you can see where I am going with this. Yes as a sage healer I am dropping my salvation but everyone is spread out so it is hardly effective.

The dot does 5.5 k per tick.. ticking three times... 16 k damage for 2 people and one tank who is already really low from thundering blast will eat anyone's energy/force. As a sage healer Noble sacrifice is in my rotation but using it on this fight seems fatal, which is crazy considering the amount of heals I have to put out. Please take a look at this fight again and adjust.

Before I forget, this fight seems bugged when it comes to infernos. We noticed if you drop an inferno to the side of a square it drops on a random player. :mad:

Heya,

I think that you're looking at the wrong culprit for making this fight seemingly impossible for healers.

The affliction damage is negligible and shouldn't cause problems as long as only 1 tank gets hit by thundering blast and people do not take hits from inferno. Both simplification and inferno can be anticipated, simplification through the cast and inferno through the dot on people.

Have the tanks use more cooldowns and practice getting thundering blast only on 1 target, I can't confirm it until the reset today but he seemed to jump to the simplification tank and do 1 thundering blast right as simplification went off, regardless of the taunts done by the other tank, this might be related to threat though.

We have killed it as well. I'm not saying make it easy, I'm saying right now I think the dot ticks for too much damage and the inferno is dropping on people without the rebuff. How is anticipating a dot going to help healers when we don't know who its going to be cast on until it does. I already bubble those who get it and heal through. Please read my entire post. Edited by DruryGirl

Heya,

I think that you're looking at the wrong culprit for making this fight seemingly impossible for healers.

The affliction damage is negligible and shouldn't cause problems as long as only 1 tank gets hit by thundering blast and people do not take hits from inferno. Both simplification and inferno can be anticipated, simplification through the cast and inferno through the dot on people.

Have the tanks use more cooldowns and practice getting thundering blast only on 1 target, I can't confirm it until the reset today but he seemed to jump to the simplification tank and do 1 thundering blast right as simplification went off, regardless of the taunts done by the other tank, this might be related to threat though.

A dot doing 16 k damage to 2 players is hardly negligible when also healing a tank taking thundering blast and infernos dropping wherever. Thundering blast goes out more often than simplification. Dots go out almost constantly without much time to top off.

Edited by DruryGirl

I'm not sure how your guild is doing it but we are spread out somewhat during that fight and I can't count on the dot hitting two people who happen to be standing near each other for a salvation. What about the inferno bug I mentioned as well? Edited by DruryGirl

You make it sound like you are solo healing it. I think it's fun the way it is, and healing 3 people through some damage when you should have 2 healers is perfectly reasonable. So few fights actually make healers have to do something, don't try to tune all the fights to the easier ones to heal. If you've beaten it I'm not even sure what your problem with it is, it's supposed to be somewhat hard, it's hard mode, and it's a somewhat heal intensive fight. If it's survivable, which it is, not sure why you feel it needs to be changed.

It'll only get easier also with people learning the fights better, and getting better geared. This is the hardest it's ever going to be and it's still beatable without a whole lot of difficulty, unless you are doing the fight poorly (having multiple people getting thundering blasted, etc). Having 1 or 2 fights per tier of difficulty that actually require healers to do something so we're not bored to death is good. Isn't it fun to heal through something you find challenging and beat it? You can sleep through most of the fights as a healer in HM and many are even solo healable already. Let's not tune every fight to that level of healing please.

No, im not a healer myself, but i have some healers in my guild of course, and yes im talking about HC, wasnt in SM yet... And i saw them healing in this fight, they only started sweating when our tanks didnt manage to avoid others beeing hit by the big blast. Rest of the fight is just movement, and you have to be smart in which fields you are destroying and how to put the infernos.

At Nefra our heals had a harder time, the disspelling of constant debuffs wasnt easy. But they managed this, too. This time, the ops have many things to do for all roles, not like darvannis, where you only tank an spank, nothing to interrupt, cleanse, etc... just some dps needed at styrak. Asation had many movement, but rest was simple too.

Now you have fights, that need dps, healing, tanking, movement, cleansening, interrupting, at the same time. This is ok, and its pretty fair balanced. We may have need some time at each boss, but we were able to kill most of them. And we arent a progrees guild btw... we just play.

Edited by mrbloodysunday

Thats just it, Mr bloodysunday people get a debuff for inferno and instead of dropping on said player its dropping on random people who weren't suppose to get it. fight is survivable when infernos work as intended. when they drop on top of people who never got the debuff to begin with or ends up in my salvation, it can kill an unsuspecting person. When you add that issue with constant dots that total 16k each its just nasty. Edited by DruryGirl

Ok, never noticed that this happens. But i think it can still be compensated by good "standing and moving". We had 2 rdd and a sage at one outer area, the tanks and 2 mdd at the boss, kiting him straight through the room, and another healer at the second outer area. When inferno came at our side, we stood together and placed them "at the end of our way", and just moved out a few steps. Noone died because of the debuffs, only from falling down or having aggro.

So i still dont think it needs a nerf, sorry. But i will see a second try this week. Maybe its just too early to ask for a nerf, just give it another try and adjust your strategie.

infernos dropping wherever.

They do not drop "wherever", the drop where you place them, they also deal no damage, unless you stand on top of them... which is stupid.

This is the 2nd easiest fight on a 5 boss operation, I really don't get what's the issue.

Read my entire first post qsvar. Infernos have a debuff, it shows which players are going to drop one. If someone happens to stand in a corner of a square it drops on another person, instead of the person who had the debuff which is dumb especially since people are just trying to place them out of the way.

Thank you bloody for your most recent reply, I suppose you are right, I do think they need to fix the bug however.

:).

Edited by DruryGirl

Thats just it, Mr bloodysunday people get a debuff for inferno and instead of dropping on said player its dropping on random people who weren't suppose to get it. fight is survivable when infernos work as intended. when they drop on top of people who never got the debuff to begin with or ends up in my salvation, it can kill an unsuspecting person. When you add that issue with constant dots that total 16k each its just nasty.

If there's a bug with inferno not dropping properly, how about they fix that bug instead of nerfing the entire encounter to compensate for it? I've never noticed this happening, but even if it did, you still have several seconds to get out of a red circle that drops before it begins to damage you. Just move out and adjust, there's time. Also, the dot hurts, but it's a dot. You don't need to deal with healing them immediately if someone else is in more direct danger. I've tried healing this fight on all 3 ACs and even on my sorceror, which I'm not all that comfortable with, I still found windows of time to use force consumption/noble sacrifice without feeling overly vulnerable.

And I still stand by the point that, even with stating the encounter is buggy, you still beat it. So I'd say it's tuned just fine. Up until this point I hadn't heard of anyone struggling on this boss other than groups with like 3 melee in it all clumped up and struggling a bit more with mechanics for it. Not every fight needs to be tuned for maximum healer boredom. If "unsuspecting" players are standing in stuff, they should probably start paying attention and move out of it instead of giving other aspects of the fight damage nerfs.

Actually sometimes there's not time to move, infernos have different timers. Maybe you just haven't noticed yet. I'm not sure if the game intended on shorter timers for some infernos but it sure is annoying when the dont work right. Edited by DruryGirl

We only raided in 16-man HM so I can only speak for that.

We have not encountered any inferno-related bug. Everyone who got the debuff dropped the AoE, never jumped players.

I can try to offer an explanation for the bug though. Some abilities, like sage/sorc bubble, vanishes, and sometimes even sentinel/marauder camouflage tend to make debuff/add targets jump. Could that be it? Someone getting the debuff, using bubble, etc... and then someone else getting the actual AoE on them?

Watch the red circles. They don't all flare up at the same time, but if you see, they all give adequate time to run out. I even stand in them for a little bit, and run back into them before they pop up when I decide I want to stand somewhere else. And funny also, watching from Dulfy's perspective, she's comfortable enough with the damage from the dot that she actually uses force consumption/noble sacrifice while the dot is actually still ticking on her lol. I wasn't paying much attention in this fight, had to have raid leader tell me to move out of a circle at one point, and I actually operative rolled right off the platform by accident because lolzies, and Dulfy had to solo heal for a few seconds while I ported back up. My group is in full KD so perhaps it's more challenging with lesser gear, but I still stand by the point that it's not overtuned (especially for 78s which drop in there and will be worn by most people within a couple weeks).

A bug fix for inferno drops is one thing but I still don't see the fight needing nerfs.

Yes your guild was in full 75's when you started these ops. Makes a huge difference. When they fix the issue it will too. I'm happy your guild is getting through the content easily, as you are ...arguably best on server.

Correct if I'm mistaken but doesn't it suggest 66 gear ratings to do these HM ops? My group has full 72. Some with 75 in the mix. Btw, I noticed two deaths in the fight you linked me. I was surprised by that.

Qvasar, awesome thought. Will test later. Thanks for your thoughtful reply. :D:D

Edited by DruryGirl

Correct if I'm mistaken but doesn't it suggest 66 gear ratings to do these HM ops? My group has full 72. Some with 75 in the mix.

Umm according to weekly mission the recommend rating for SM is 160 (FYI there is no 160 rated gear so that would suggest 66/69 mix or mostly 69's) and for Hard mode it recommends 174 rated gear which is kell dragon or a 72/78 mix.

So yes, your group is under geared to a degree.

My group cleared it over the weekend with an Operative Healer and a Sorc Healer combo on 8 mans. I am the operative healer. I do have tips as we were seeing the bug as well on our melee though only.

I broke the group into functional heal areas and assigned healing with each healer responsible for tank / themselves / and two dps. Healing then became heal through the dot if it was on your dps and keep your tank up when he was tanking in your group. (We did however have Sorc keep bubble on both tanks and myself keep hots on both). This alleviated the pressure as we were noticing cross heal - over heal issues when we left it free reign causing incidental tank death i.e. both healers going after same target.

Thundering blast occasionally happened but that is mostly a positioning issue. The second the dot appeared on tank we swapped to ensure he didn't turn towards raid group.

Edited by Jorammy

We have not encountered any inferno-related bug. Everyone who got the debuff dropped the AoE, never jumped players.

This is not entirely true. A few Infernos (lets say ~5 in whole encounter) just dissapeared, did not leave any fire on floor. You can it on our video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ8kqRhl-aw, for example in 3:20 both me and Skilgal didnt leave fire on floor from our debuffs. Happened few other times as well. Its not gamebreaking (like i said ~5 out of 30-40 total debuffs), but should be fixed

Yes your guild was in full 75's when you started these ops. Makes a huge difference. When they fix the issue it will too. I'm happy your guild is getting through the content easily, as you are ...arguably best on server.

Correct if I'm mistaken but doesn't it suggest 66 gear ratings to do these HM ops? My group has full 72. Some with 75 in the mix. Btw, I noticed two deaths in the fight you linked me. I was surprised by that.

Qvasar, awesome thought. Will test later. Thanks for your thoughtful reply. :D:D

The gear recommendation is KD for HMs. Ya the ppl that died, died to Thundering Blast which is poor mechanic execution on our part, not the encounter. Dps shouldn't be getting hit by it like they were in that. I've done the fight with people in 72s as well though, and it does make some difference, but not so much that the fight needs nerfs.

It doesn't really matter if I'm getting through the content easily. The question is if it is overtuned for most people and should be changed. I still stand by the point that unless a significant amount of guilds with adequate skill and gear to clear HMs are failing to kill this boss because it's overtuned, then it's probably ok, and I think in this case, it's fine. Your group has killed it, and it seems like so has most (if not all) of the people in this thread have as well. One boss being a little more difficult to heal than the rest isn't a bad thing.

Edited by Michka