Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BUG] Sniper Debilitating Shots pierces Hydraulic Overrides

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
[BUG] Sniper Debilitating Shots pierces Hydraulic Overrides
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Moogleking
04.22.2013 , 04:04 PM | #11
As it is in the game, "movement-impairing" effects includes both slows and roots, except for in the case of Covered Escape.
Take a look at the sorcerer talent or assassin talent that break movement-impairing effects. Those work against roots (like Legshot).

Jenzali
04.22.2013 , 04:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Moogleking View Post
As it is in the game, "movement-impairing" effects includes both slows and roots, except for in the case of Covered Escape.
Take a look at the sorcerer talent or assassin talent that break movement-impairing effects. Those work against roots (like Legshot).
Yup. Hydraulic Overrides has always provided immunity to both roots and snares (even before it was given to all BH/Troopers), so it makes no sense that one slow bypasses it. So either Hydraulic Overrides has been bugged for a year and a half, or this new talent added to Snipers in 2.0 is bugged. I'm inclined to think it's the latter.

Knockdowns = Spinning Kick, Spike, Shoot First, Hidden Strike
Physics = pulls, and knockbacks (eg. Overload, Force Pull, Force Push, Concussion Charge)
Movement Impairing Effects = roots and slows. Covered Escape seems to be the only exception to this rule.

Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
My understanding is:

Movement impairing = snares
Immobilizing = roots
Physics = knockbacks and pulls. Possibly knockdowns? Not sure.

I think the OP is right in that while the root from leg shot should pierce HtL, the additional slow should not.
I strongly disagree with this. If Hydraulic Overrides didn't break and provide immunity to roots, Commandos and Mercs would be just as non-viable as they were pre-2.0, especially in Huttball. As of now it's the only thing providing us pseudo-resistance to leaps because we can remain on the run.

I have this bad feeling that me reporting this bug will somehow result in another nerf to Mercs/Commandos if indeed they didn't intend roots to be considered "movement impairing effects".
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

ArchangelLBC
04.22.2013 , 04:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by IXIJacenIXI View Post
I would agree, however my trooper seems to be immune to knockback while under the effects of Hold The Line.
Knockbacks would fall under "physics".
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Jenzali
04.22.2013 , 04:27 PM | #14
Additional argument to show that Covered Escape is the exception, rather than the rule. "Movement-impairing effects" most definitely include both roots and slows. See Mercenary's new talent in the Pyro tree (and similar talents in the Agent/Smuggler Lethality/Dirty Fighting trees):

Quote:
Degauss
Chaff Flare has a [50 / 100]% chance to remove all movement-impairing effects when activated.
This removes both roots and snares. Therefore movement-impairing effects include roots, and Hydraulic Overrides should remove and provide immunity to both roots and snares.

Jenzali
04.22.2013 , 06:27 PM | #15
Bump. Sometimes I actually like that my threads fall off the front page because that means no one has anything left to argue against it :P But this still needs developer attention.

Moogleking
04.22.2013 , 06:57 PM | #16
I would love to see them fix both this and Covered Escape.

KettleBelll
04.22.2013 , 10:39 PM | #17
- Hydraulic Overrides is something every Trooper gets for Free
- Talent Leg Shot snare is super high in the Marksman tree, only full Marksman spec's can take it.

Because of this, I'm fine with how it is working atm. I have both a powertech and a sniper.

Jenzali
04.23.2013 , 12:22 PM | #18
Bumpy bump

Moogleking
04.23.2013 , 12:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
- Hydraulic Overrides is something every Trooper gets for Free
- Talent Leg Shot snare is super high in the Marksman tree, only full Marksman spec's can take it.

Because of this, I'm fine with how it is working atm. I have both a powertech and a sniper.
The problem is that these (Hydraulic Overrides and Covered Escape) are escape abilities, and they currently are not doing their job because of these bugs.
Hydraulic Overrides is not immune to all slows.
Covered Escape does not break roots, even though every other ability that breaks movement-impairing effects does break roots.

revcrisis
04.23.2013 , 01:01 PM | #20
Agreed, when in the midst of using hydraulic overrides the slows and root of legshot should not be working.