Yet another server of mine (Jung Ma) is dead.........

GONOTCH

Heya. I stated my observation just as you did yours. I tell you right now they aren't going to do anything with f2p right around the corner, which they expect to boost server populations much much higher than they currently are. I play on Pot5 as well, and I am aware of how many players they have on the fleet at any given time.

If you've forgotten, 'RP-PVP' is a niche server type. It will never be the most populated nor close to being that. Does that mean I'm happy with Jung Ma's current pop? Not one bit, but I have enough sense to know to wait to see what population looks like after f2p before grabbing my pitchfork and torch and demanding Bioware to fix it.

At release Jung Ma was one of the busiest q times. Ven Zallow, the other rp-pvp server they added to the east coast to alleviate JM q times, was also full initially. Even before the first merges Jung Ma was one of the bigger server pops after The Fatman. The "it's a niche server type" was not remotely relevant for most of this game's history until the merges basically sucked people out of it. Almost every other NA server has many many source servers. JM basically had 1.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All PvP servers have declined in PoP since the Server transfer, and consolidation. The Bastion was running 1 full instance 250 peeps on fleet and then a second that could get up in the 150 range..I think we had even a 3rd at one point. Now its one instance during peak that runs around 200 peeps or so..sometimes lower sometimes higher but rarely do we go into a second instance now. I suspect it will get even worse all the way to F2P then it will jump way back up for awhile....But unless they really get to work on World PvP I suspect PvP servers will bleed off heavily again soon after.

Lets face it....PvP in this game ATM is 4 WZ's.......thats it, thats all, no more. So if the Majority of the PoP on these servers joined to have atleast some PvP...they are getting very little and the Servers will be the first to lose Subs because of it.

• 3 years later...
Well, All I know is that I am sitting in jung ma with most planets having less than 2 people on them at most. And no way in hell am I paying for transfers for 13 toons. Is bioware gonna take action? Ever?

Congradulations :mad: you just revived a 4 year old post, you just necromanced something, want a cookie?

Server's indeed quite dead.

• Jung Ma: 267
  • Prophecy of the Five: 303
  • Bastion: 407
  • Begeren Colony: 1,695
  • Shadowlands: 2,375+
  • Jedi Covenant: 2,458+
  • Ebon Hawk: 2,905+
  • Harbinger: 3,481+

And already I had the impression the Ebon Hawk was lifeless.

Guess it's the issue of being used to play on healthy MMO.

They have paid transfers. But kind of lol'd a little when you said it was a grind to 50:D

$10 per toon in a game that promotes alts like this one does, is ludicrous. Grinding new toons isn't the pain it once was, but it's not fun either.