Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relics of Gree Event is intended to be a snake pit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Relics of Gree Event is intended to be a snake pit

Ezumin
02.12.2013 , 08:45 PM | #1
This event has turned out to be a turd in the punch bowl because I get ganked by my own faction. Antagonistic players who garner enjoyment from hindering another player's ability to complete objectives is the essence of a Griefer. By making the Gree event a pvp encounter where everybody else (outside of your party) is your opponent, it has catered towards Griefers. The purpose of an online game is community, building ties not only within a guild, but within a faction. This event is counter to that very purpose.

MajikMyst
02.13.2013 , 07:55 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ezumin View Post
This event has turned out to be a turd in the punch bowl because I get ganked by my own faction. Antagonistic players who garner enjoyment from hindering another player's ability to complete objectives is the essence of a Griefer. By making the Gree event a pvp encounter where everybody else (outside of your party) is your opponent, it has catered towards Griefers. The purpose of an online game is community, building ties not only within a guild, but within a faction. This event is counter to that very purpose.
^^

Totally this!!
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

TheNahash
02.13.2013 , 09:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ezumin View Post
I hate griefers but... how is it not building a community and ties when you can group with 3 other people?

Amyas
02.13.2013 , 10:40 AM | #4
This event and patch is a falure imo. Its crap like this that made the game go free to play so fast. Where is Pazaak? Where is character re customization? We unstead get time sink faction grinds that are locked with a max out. Shameful EA/Bioware just shameful.

MajikMyst
02.13.2013 , 11:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I hate griefers but... how is it not building a community and ties when you can group with 3 other people?
I don't believe that 4 people make up a community or build ties.. But that is me..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Amyas
02.13.2013 , 11:19 AM | #6
This is really really not fun groups of Jedi guardians leep AoE smashing not stop on the pilons so no one can turn in.

TheNahash
02.13.2013 , 11:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
I don't believe that 4 people make up a community or build ties.. But that is me..
Neither do 8 or 16.
A community is a much larger group of people (or characters) that have one or more common goals. An event, whether it's a PVP or a PVE event, cannot build a community that doesn't already exist.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 12:00 PM | #8
I honestly have not had an issue with pvp while doing the pve quests. If you take the pvp quests, and go into the middle where it is a FFFFFFFAAAAAAAA zone( omg blew my mind it was that self explanatory) then expect people to want to gank you at some point in time. Don't cry about pvp in a pvp zone, there's a simple fix, just don't go there. And I'm sorry, Ilum filling up to 18 instances I would say that's building community, especially when I see more people in chat laughing and enjoying themselves rather then complaining about "griefers." Oh and I love it when one of those complainers come into general chat and you just see the stream of "LOL" remarks.

They just need to fix the mechanics for unexpectantly getting flagged while in a group because a healer is flagged and heals you or you are a healer and get flagged for healing a flagged dude.

AidenMia
02.14.2013 , 12:18 PM | #9
This is by far the stupidest thing that could have been done for an event. It's a major grind in the first place but to allow a bunch of jerks to prevent you from completing the missions is inexcusable. Game Genie. Empire and a few other pop guilds have been scouting the pvp areas and actually charging players 100k credits to complete the mission or get destroyed. Shame on you BioWare!! You have catered to the pvp players since launch as it is. Nerfing classes to accommodate them left and right. You have left us that don't want to pvp or enjoy raiding out in the cold. I for one refuse to play and pay for a game that basically gives me and others like me the middle finger. Consider my sub canceled.

DakotaDoc
02.14.2013 , 03:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AidenMia View Post
This is by far the stupidest thing that could have been done for an event. It's a major grind in the first place but to allow a bunch of jerks to prevent you from completing the missions is inexcusable. Game Genie. Empire and a few other pop guilds have been scouting the pvp areas and actually charging players 100k credits to complete the mission or get destroyed. Shame on you BioWare!! You have catered to the pvp players since launch as it is. Nerfing classes to accommodate them left and right. You have left us that don't want to pvp or enjoy raiding out in the cold. I for one refuse to play and pay for a game that basically gives me and others like me the middle finger. Consider my sub canceled.
That is really sad.
[█╣╣╣()╣╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The community has declared shenanigans on the slot machine nerf.
Do you accept these charges of shenanigans?