Pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to receive exclusive new in-game items!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This stuff is even worse than what we got for buying the Collector's Edition...
I disagree.

While it's true that a lot of the CE stuff was "less than spectacular," a free vehicle for every character you ever make is great.

That will be equally true of the Portable Trainer.

...assuming this applies to the account like the CE bonuses do.

And I thought the DDE edition was bad....A pet that will hit the CM in 20 different reskins, a title that announces "I'm a total mug" and a holostatue that saves you burning quick travel for the low, low price of slapping a huge holographic Hutt over the middle of your screen.

I think between this and the trailer you really need to revisit how you are trying to sell this product. Where are the shots of the new abilities and new systems we were promised? An NPC dialogue? anything other than a voice over of yet another bland urbanised planet and a few seconds of combat.

free gifts. free useful gift and a cute pet.

how is that a bad thing? why are we complaining about it?

and personally i don't care if they sell it afterwards. I honestly don't. let other people buy it if they want, I'm getting it for doing something I was already planning on anyways, and not paying extra for it.

and i LIKE being able to train in a field. the only reason I don't have Satelle/Malgus statues is because they are expensive.

that hutt? is a free bonus.

I don't understand some people. I don't know if I want to.

I'm not sure I get "Pre-Orders". Consequently I usually don't do them, regardless of special digital trinkets thrown in or not. In this day and age where most games are starting to go to digital download, it's not like the game store down the street is going to be running out of copies. In fact - some game stores are not even stocking games now-a-days because of Digital Download. Which kind of kills themselves off .... but that's a whole different discussions. But it's not like ... "OMG! I have to Pre-Order something cause they are going to run out of copies!"

But, if one really wants to do that pre-order stuff and get those things that is perfectly fine. You get some nifty things for your characters ingame to show off. It's not going to hurt anything really.

I'm just saying, the whole "Pre-Ordering" concept is kind of silly. It dated back to really old times when games did come out in cardboard boxes and disks and sometimes a game was so popular the store did run out of copies. But in this day and age, it is not really necessary, it is just marketing. Oh and before the BW and EA haters jump on it and say "OMG they are so piggy" Blizzard does the exact same thing.

The point surely is that they could have in fact should have done better to reward those people willing to preorder given the current condition of the game. (And no I'm not one of them).

Like I don't know dedicated animations, adaptive Hutt Cartel armour, a starship reskin. Something that shows they put some actual thought and care into it rather than something which probably took some poor sod of an intern ten minutes to crank out and will show up on the CM within a month of release anyway.

I'm not sure I get "Pre-Orders". Consequently I usually don't do them, regardless of special digital trinkets thrown in or not. In this day and age where most games are starting to go to digital download, it's not like the game store down the street is going to be running out of copies. In fact - some game stores are not even stocking games now-a-days because of Digital Download. Which kind of kills themselves off .... but that's a whole different discussions. But it's not like ... "OMG! I have to Pre-Order something cause they are going to run out of copies!"

But, if one really wants to do that pre-order stuff and get those things that is perfectly fine. You get some nifty things for your characters ingame to show off. It's not going to hurt anything really.

I'm just saying, the whole "Pre-Ordering" concept is kind of silly. It dated back to really old times when games did come out in cardboard boxes and disks and sometimes a game was so popular the store did run out of copies. But in this day and age, it is not really necessary, it is just marketing. Oh and before the BW and EA haters jump on it and say "OMG they are so piggy" Blizzard does the exact same thing.

nowadays, preorders usually come with preloads. in other words, you get to download your game while the "traffic" is less congested, so you get to do it faster. its not that much of a difference if you don't care about playing right away, but for some people it can make a difference, not having to leave their computer downloading for an entire day, because everyone else is doing it at the same time.

I already pre-ordered, didn't need free stuff to encourage me, it's just icing on the cake :) And it's free stuff people, if you don't like/want it, don't use it, no need to moan about it. English proverb: don't look a gift horse in the mouth ;)

Personally I think having a portable trainer for all my characters will be fantastic, and I can look forward to having a cute little walking plant to follow me around too :)

I'm not sure I get "Pre-Orders". Consequently I usually don't do them, regardless of special digital trinkets thrown in or not. In this day and age where most games are starting to go to digital download, it's not like the game store down the street is going to be running out of copies..
Pre-Orders help everyone in the supply chain (developers, publishers, suppliers, retailers, etc) estimate the demand for something and, in the case of digital distribution, some capital up front to work with.

By helping them anticipate demand and supply cash, they offer rewards to try to entice you into their data/cash pool.

well free is nice, i pre-ordered even as I don't have any lvl 50 and not planning on PL to get there before the release.I do think this should have been announced before with the original announcments,i can imagine this may be in part to respond to people like me who said >"i don't have a 50 so this is limited use to me"

Nice! A holo trainer, that will be handy for my leveling alts. The current ones are pricey.

My thoughts exactly. I have 2 Malgus statues and 1 Satele statue that float around my various alts. I forget which one is where and only realize I don't have it when I level during a flashpoint and I want to train up.

This will allow me to have one on every character with the added bonus of being able to sell the Malgus and Satele statues at a premium down the road.

The pet looks awesome! :)

Was not expecting anything else but the 5 days, so this is nice. Thank you BW! :)

Agreed! Question: if we did already preorder it for the five extra days, will we get this stuff?

I know stupid question but better safe than sorry :)

Agreed! Question: if we did already preorder it for the five extra days, will we get this stuff?

I know stupid question but better safe than sorry :)

"Players that pre-ordered Rise of the Hutt Cartel by January 7, 2013 11:59PM CT // 5:59AM GMT will also automatically receive these in-game items plus 5 days Early Access**."

So I get a tree spider, a Sith Hutt guy, and a title that could belong to Lord Scourge if he were a Hutt.

I don't know how I feel about that...:rak_02:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

::csw_r2d2: <3

C-3PO, TEEKLO CARBON!

I didnt think I'de be okay with the removal of class stories but now that I get a tree spider and a holo statue...

Come on bioware :\ I love this game but please give us some real information thats about content that isnt fluff. That stuff is cool I guess but you cant expect us to be particularly excited about stuff that everyone will have.

Thanks for the fluff items, always nice. :)

Since I've pre-ordered right after it was clear that we won't be able to use our cartel coins to purchase it (would have been nice, just saying, I have way too many of the blasted things), I only have one question, and I already know the answer.... "When it's ready." :rolleyes:

Edited by Talahar

I think to the contrary, depending on the number of pre-orders for this new pack, BioWare may have changed the workforce allocated to it, perhaps adding more developers to the task to add more functionality previously left on the cutting room floor.

Remember, though, the concept of "pre-ordering" has even now been eclipsed by crowdfunding. Take a look at a recent effort by a game developer to collect money from buyers 2 years prior to launch date, to fund the creation of the game itself. He's over $7.4 Million on his way to $7.5 Million (USD) collected total.

People will pay in advance, even with scarce information, if they trust the developer and content enough.