Weird Game Performance Issue

Jinook_Phi

Howdy

First of all, Im SO NOT technical. Just an FYI. So I have a mid level, basic rig- nothing fancy, have run many demanding games on it, never a problem. I can't run all high settings, its usually a mix and match of mid level settings.

So I reup for SWTOR after reading several good recent reviews. I log on, play for a bunch of hours, no lag or problems unless Im at the fleet, which can be horrible. But Im rarely there, so no big. Annoying but survivable.

Ive noticed that after a certain amount of time, typically right around the 3 hour mark, game performance no matter where Im at, starts to decline. By the time I log off, its rather laggy.

What might cause that? Great in the beginning, sucky by the end?

Mucho thanks for any insights

Edited by Jinook_Phi

Sounds like a slow memory leak.

Some of the items used in the game stored in the RAM doesn't release/flush when it is not in use.

Easiest way to fix is log out at a safe spot turn computer off for 15-20 mins, grab a brew, smoke one if you use it, take a turn around your pad, come back and fire the computer up again.

Technically we'd need a list (DXdiag) of your machine to see if any other problems, but that usually doesn't help... ;)

I heard of the leaking issue way back in BETA, of course tons has improved since then. Well, cool- I tried hard root beer while leveling last night, never thought beer would taste good over the rocks (or with vanilla ice cream) but WOW good (a tad sweet). Makes sense, I shall do this when things get freaky with the game. Thanks!:cool:

The memory leak had a band-aid put on it. It's still there though not as bad. After long game sessions and changing planets a lot it will bog the system down. When I break for a smoke, beer, or lunch, I'll do,a quick restart of the game just to keep things fresh and responsive.

That's on my i7 4770k, 16GB ram, SSD, Gtx 780ti rig. Same with the 760 and 755m SLI laptop. After a few hours it will slow down. A quick restart of the game solves the issues