When can I transfer my level 50 to the right server?

RustyDiodes

I lead a guild which launched with over 150 players. With only 8 slots per server, and some members who planned to roll all 16 classes, we deployed our main guild (Republic) on one server, and our alt guild (imperial) on another server.

A few months later, Bioware announced that Legacy unlocks would be server-wide, not account wide- and all of a sudden having 50s on separate servers was a bad thing. So we re-rolled our low Imps on our main server, and re-formed our Imp guild there- knowing our high level characters were stuck until server transfers came around.

When they finally did, there was no choice involved. Our guilds, all of our Reps, and our newer Imps were all sent to one Destination Server. Unfortunately, our high level Imps were forced over to a different Destination Server. And they have been stuck there ever since.

It's bad enough that the Legacy levels we earned on that server will not be added to the ones we earned on our main server- but to have some of our best characters imprisoned there indefinitely? This is very terrible! It has been many months now, and the Devs have grown silent on the topic of transfers. Please, give us a way to bring our characters together!

Devs, what say you?

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, the only reason this is a problem for you is because of Legacy benefits?

This is probably the case for about 90% of the people who really want a paid transfer option. I know I'd settle for an account-wide legacy if paid transfers can't be done.

One of the most important things to us is to hear player feedback on their game experience. Our community team truly has an ear to the ground with community concerns and discussions and we often make changes based on player feedback.

You keep asking for feedback. We keep asking for server transfers. Please respond?

Don't hold your breath or anything, it wont be here before mid summer if then. its been a year now and there still isn't a character copy to PTS, which they've claimed to be working on since beta, so a server transfer probably wont happen any time soon either.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546823

SentinelDranoel: As for my question... when are we getting paid transfers?

Blaine: As soon as we possibly can. We know that this is a very important feature that the community wants and we want it too, but due to the effort of launching our new Free-to-Play option, we had to delay this just a bit longer. Sorry I don’t have a more concrete date just yet!

This is probably the case for about 90% of the people who really want a paid transfer option. I know I'd settle for an account-wide legacy if paid transfers can't be done.

Legacy is not the case for me, just want my 50 pubs on my server that I actually play on with my friends who are still left playing.

Bioware, I will pay you $ for this! I know of other people who will do the same, they will pay you $ for this. If you claim to "have an ear to the ground" and are listening closely to your customers then why is there a thread made almost daily about this? Why do you not see this as something a lot of customers WANT and are willing to pay YOU $ for? It doesn't add up, it really doesn't.

This topic is posted almost daily and is ignored daily by the same team that said they are listening to their players.

Credibility BW.....grow some.

I am a bit surprised. The amount of naturally nitpicking teenagers and older similar people on these forums must be huge, yet no-one has noticed yet that listening to someone and doing something about it are two different things.

SentinelDranoel- thanks for the link and quote!

SentinelDranoel: As for my question... when are we getting paid transfers?

Blaine: As soon as we possibly can.

Soon would be awesome! You know what would have been better though? Telling us that Legacy would only be server-wide BEFORE thousands of us leveled up our Imps and Reps on separate servers. OR having server transfers ready before that announcement- that would have sufficed as a quick-fix.

When you DO get around to the "as soon as we possibly can" priority level though, consider this: When I move my Imps to my Rep server, shouldn't I get to keep all of the Legacy XP I have earned? During forced transfers we were only allowed to keep whichever bucket of points was most full- the smaller bucket was left on the abandoned server, even if it was almost half of the Legacy XP we have earned.

That was a load of :rak_tongue: Derp.

Please don't do it again; be :w_cool: cool.

(:w_cool:>:rak_tongue:)

Maybe only having 1 or 2 threads a day about this isn't enough. Maybe each of us that wants transfers should make a new thread. If a few thousand threads show up, they would be less likely to ignore us and "soon" would be "now".

I suggest that there is zero reason for this not to be allowed right now. The technology is already there. This will not cause empty or crowded servers. The only thing that will happen is that we will keep playing on the server we want to play on. It's just that all of our characters will be there. I have 4 50's not on the server I'm playing on. They just sit there and rot.

Seriously, do it now before more paying customers get fed up and quit.

Allow PVP players to move to PVE servers as well.

And I agree, let our legacy be additive.

This topic is posted almost daily and is ignored daily by the same team that said they are listening to their players.

Credibility BW.....grow some.

They've already said they are working on adding paid transfers but there's no timetable for when they will be in the game. Do you want BW to just keep repeating that every day? Would that make you feel better?

They've already said they are working on adding paid transfers but there's no timetable for when they will be in the game. Do you want BW to just keep repeating that every day? Would that make you feel better?

GW2 launched with server transfers and has been out half as long and already expanded into a new zone and just added a way to change character appearence. I would prefer if BioWares time table was half as decent as that games. Alas...

This is the answer BW supplied over 6 months ago. Heck its an answer they can use to update every single feature request!

That's great you find it satisfactory, but I feel it's more of a brush off rather than a sincere dialogue to their subscribers.

BW asks us to be courteous and follow community ethics and protocol. Well, I ask them to do the same.

No, it would be better if they stopped saying it and just made it happen. Or at least tell us why it can't happen yet and exactly when it will be available. You know, proper communication.

This seriously needs to be an available service. And not one sitting on the back-burner. It's one of the perpetually hottest topics on the forums, one of the most asked for features, and one that is available in virtually any other MMO.

If they are worried about server population drains, then I suggest limiting the transfers to, say, one a month? One every two months? From each account. Just give us the ability to bring over our high level toons we started on (now) non-existent servers to the servers we found good guilds and compatible players on.

Charge $50 a transfer if money is the issue.

Just make it happen, please.

And stop with the text book answers and vague timelines for this service.

:(

Edited by Sevryn

• 3 months later...