Djem so form with dual wielding sabers?

TwistedTony

Possible? Been done before? It's a form that focuses on basically battering your opponent to death with brute force so is it possible for a sith/jedi to be strong enough to do power attacks while dual wielding or is it a form more suited for acrobatic and agile forms like Ataru?

No. Djem so needs both arms on the saber to get maximum strength for the strike. Two blades just take away from that.

To me Djem So is like Kendo for light sabers. Can't do kendo with two blades. that's an entirely different form.

Why fighting with two blades goes into the Jer'Kai Style.

Theoretically it is possible, there are variants of every form depending on type of weapon you are using. There is a dual bladed variant of Makashi, which is used by Asajj Ventress, and Darth Zannah used a double-bladed variant of Soresu. So, theoretically, it would be possible for there to be a dual saber Shien/Djem So. Would it be practical? No.

Yeah but I'd u got a guy who's really strong using dual sabers, than can't he use power attacks? I mean take kephess for example, even tho he's no jedi, he had two swords and all he used were power swings

But what is stronger, A guy wielding one sword with two hands swinging, or a guy with one hand holding a sword swinging?

It's actually a proven fact that while the two sword styles give you more flexability and mobility, you lose a lot of power per swing, and you lose a lot of defensive.

If you try to do a double guard block against somebody using Djem So to hack at you, he will break your defenses.

yeah i get that you lose power per swing, theres no question about that. I'm saying you take a guy like greivous who is mechanically augmented and kephess who is a hulking beast of a trendoshan, i think they could over power a guy using 2 blades vs a guy with one blade cuz they are just so strong.

Grievous isn't all that strong. 4-arms, still couldn't overpower Obi-Wan or Kit Fisto. Kephess was a hulking beast, but that was his weakness. Anyone could just dodge around him and all that power goes to waste because he has no flexibility. Djem So is about power and strength. Using two weapons means halving you strength for each weapon.

yeah but thats not the point that im making, im proving that apparently djem so can be done by ppl that wield two weapons

no, you simply cannot generate enough strength for attack AND defense. Because Djem So, is not just about using your strength for attacking, it's also about using that overwhelming strength for defense then over power your attacker with your own followups.

No, djem so I don't think can be adapted well for two saber combat.

Actualy i was under the impression that djem so use was focused on countering, enemy atacks with powerfull counter atacks, and so on... it makes sense to be more then possible with 2 light sabers. one for defense and other for a powerfull offense. allthough i recon that would be even harder to master then with a single saber, so probably not that practical. Edited by Spartanik

Actualy i was under the impression that djem so use was focused on countering, enemy atacks with powerfull counter atacks, and so on... it makes sense to be more then possible with 2 light sabers. one for defense and other for a powerfull offense. allthough i recon that would be even harder to master then with a single saber, so probably not that practical.

But it also requires strength, and what is stronger? One blade being held with two hands, or one blade being held with 1 hand?

But it also requires strength, and what is stronger? One blade being held with two hands, or one blade being held with 1 hand?

Yes but the permise is there besides you need to remember force users would use the force to augment their strengh, and atacks, so that means very litle, it depends on the user realy.

Look at malgus on the return trailer, hacking off TROWING debrie while dual wielding, those atacks seemed powerfull enough for instance.

Edited by Spartanik

Yes but the permise is there besides you need to remember force users would use the force to augment their strengh, and atacks, so that means very litle, it depends on the user realy.

Look at malgus on the return trailer, hacking off TROWING debrie while dual wielding, those atacks seemed powerfull enough for instance.

He wasn't using Djem So at that moment though. Djem So uses a different set of principles, from what we saw in that trailer.

He wasn't using Djem So at that moment though. Djem So uses a different set of principles, from what we saw in that trailer.

No he wasnt using djem so allthough it will be impossible to tell obviously, but its irrelevant im not even trying to prove that malgus uses djem so in that trailer. why do you think i was? read the posts again :)

But it proves the point doesnt it?! Powerfull atacks can be made using duel wield.

Edited by Spartanik

Yes but it goes back to the principal i had just stated.

Yeah he could do powerful attacks with one hand with the force, had he been using only one blade and using the force and had both hands on one blade, those attacks would of been MUCH stronger than him using two blades.

Remember the force isn't the "Everything ends because I use the force". The force can amplify a person but you have to remember, the laws of physics for the most part still apply, even to the force. A man swinging an object with two hands, with the force or without is going to hit something harder than if he swung with just one arm.

Period.

Malgus was using Ataru in the return trailer, judging by the style he was using. He was using, powerful, fast, and wide swings which resembles ataru the most. Look it up on star wars wiki on lightsaber forms, there's some good **** on there.

and it says the user of ataru would call upon the force to build and increase its physical strength to be able to use stronger, faster, and acrobatic blows (yoda in clone wars??) So yeah a dual weilding marauder that uses ataru can use power swings. Hell if yoda can go from using a cane, to being a spinning acrobat, anything can happen

Djem So is essentially Shien, and their names are relatively interchangeable. It was created by practitioners of Soresu because Form III lacked offensive capabilities.

From what I'm given to understand, Djem So does utilize power attacks, but the power attacks you guys describe sound exceptionally like Juyo. Djem So is used for fighting against more than one opponent, and the attacks associated with the form are generally created from redirecting enemy attacks or finding openings in their defenses.

The biggest example of Shien/Djem So combat in practice is Galen Malek or Vader's Apprentice. The grip he has on the hilts of his lightsabers is a hallmark of the Shien style. He comes to wield two sabers in the sequel, and while he obviously bounces between Shien and Juyo in combat, the style is predominantly Djem So/Shien and seems to be possible.

Of course, really anytime a saberist is fighting with two blades, he's practicing Jar'Kai.

No galen marek is practicing a variation of shien called sith-shien. It utlizes high speed fluid attacks and the reverse angle it's some what hard to do the power attacks Djem-so calls for. Though there are times he switches in his style to a standard grip as he does a VERY hard swing showing the Djem-so.

Problem is, saber styles need to be retconned and redone. IMO Djem-so is a different style than Shien. One focuses on fighting other people with overwhelming strength, one is about a more aggressive form against blaster pistols.

Djem So is essentially Shien, and their names are relatively interchangeable. It was created by practitioners of Soresu because Form III lacked offensive capabilities.

From what I'm given to understand, Djem So does utilize power attacks, but the power attacks you guys describe sound exceptionally like Juyo. Djem So is used for fighting against more than one opponent, and the attacks associated with the form are generally created from redirecting enemy attacks or finding openings in their defenses.

The biggest example of Shien/Djem So combat in practice is Galen Malek or Vader's Apprentice. The grip he has on the hilts of his lightsabers is a hallmark of the Shien style. He comes to wield two sabers in the sequel, and while he obviously bounces between Shien and Juyo in combat, the style is predominantly Djem So/Shien and seems to be possible.

Of course, really anytime a saberist is fighting with two blades, he's practicing Jar'Kai.

Wait, juyo utilizes power attacks?