Dark Side Corruption Eye Color

Zenotraxium

Dear BW

You've made it so that as your character amasses Dark Side points, and as you reach certain thresholds of DS points, your character's appearance changes to reflect your immersion in the Dark Side, which is awesome. When you reach Dark 1 your character's eyes turn an Orangish-Yellow color and stay that way from Dark levels 1 through 3.

But at Dark 4, your character's eyes go from the aformentioned Orangish color to Bright Red to symbolize your complete corruption by the Dark Side.

Here's the issue; from a lore standpoint, having Red eyes at Dark 4 makes no sense whatsoever. In lore and all official Star Wars media and artwork, characters that are depicted as iredeemably immersed in the Dark Side have been shown having Yellow eyes with fiery/bloodshot Red rings around the iris. Here's a few examples:

A screencap of Anakin Skywalker, after falling to the Dark Side. Note the eyes: http://i.livescience.com/images/i/8445/iFF/anakin-psych-100604-02.jpg?1296091767

Here's a few pics of Darth Maul :

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120114202635/starwars/images/f/fe/MaulFaceReveal-TPM.jpg

http://jlawrencekenny.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/clintondarthmaul1.jpg

http://jlawrencekenny.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/darth-maul.jpg

Here's a pic of Darth Sidious: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25300000/Darth-Sidious-darth-sidious-25370721-1600-1200.jpg

Darth Malgus even has this eye color in-game: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120120132222/starwars/images/2/22/Darth_Malgus_Cold_War.JPG

My suggestion is, change the eye color characters get at Dark 4 from Red, to the iconic, more aesthetically pleasing (imo), and canon bright Yellow with Red rings, or otherwise give people who have reached Dark 4 the option to get these eyes somehow (ie; a button under appearance options that says "Enable Classic Sith Eyes Yes/No", that will change your eyes from red to the classic eye color, a vanity item that changes your eye color to Yellow with Red rings that requires Dark 4 that we can buy from the cartel, ect)

Some characters in-game already have this eye color (some Pure Blood Sith, Darth Malgus, ect.) so it wouldn't be that hard to implement any of the above suggestions, as you'd just have to switch around some already existing files, as opposed to making these eyes from scratch. Hoping for some feedback.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was severley dissapointed when I found out that Dark Side corruption didn't give your character the eye color that was made so iconic by all the Star Wars movies and media. Especially when certain npcs have the eye color. I realize this isn't really a high priority fix, but adding the option to "Enable Classic Sith Eyes" under the appearance tab might add a varition with character appearance. Everyone at Dark level 4 and higher wouldn't be running around with the same eyes. People who like the look of the Yellow/Red eyes from the films could enable the feature and get these eyes, and those who wish for their eyes to stay red would just not enable it. Implementing this in the game via a vanity item bought from the Cartel could even make some money. Edited by Zenotraxium

Eh, maybe give us the option to choose what we want? I mean, I know that for my Assassin, he looks much more ****** at Dark V with red eyes than he did at Dark II/III with yellow eyes.

Though to be fair, his non-Sith-corruption look has yellow eyes as well. *shrug*

Eh, maybe give us the option to choose what we want? I mean, I know that for my Assassin, he looks much more ****** at Dark V with red eyes than he did at Dark II/III with yellow eyes.

Though to be fair, his non-Sith-corruption look has yellow eyes as well. *shrug*

I read a thread a while back that sort of suggested Bioware would try and implement corruption customization. Like, you could be at Dark 5 and set it so your character looked like they were only at Dark 1 or Dark 3 if they so choose, so that kinda adresses your problem, but not this one.

Hopefully, if they are open to allowing customization in the first place, they might be open to this suggestion as well :D

Edited by Zenotraxium

Re-reading your post, I now understand what you mean.

Yeah some people might like the Red eyes they got at Dark 4 and not want a change in eye color even if it is canon, which is why I proposed it as an optional feature under the appearance tab...

...but adding the option to "Enable Classic Sith Eyes Yes/No" under the appearance tab might add a varition with character appearance. Everyone at Dark level 4 and higher wouldn't be running around with the same eyes...

...Implementing this in the game via a vanity item bought from the Cartel could even make some money.

This way, people already happy with the Red eyes you get at Dark 4 won't log in one day and see their characters eyes changed in a way they don't like, but people like me who want the classic Sith Corruption eyes from all the films, artwork and other media can toggle it on if they so please. A win-win situation so to speak. Don't want the Classic Sith eyes? Don't go to the appearance tab and activate them (or buy them from the Cartel Shop).

Edited by Zenotraxium

I agree with the OP. I have made several posts about this very thing myself. Just like the Lightsaber Crystals, nobody seemed to care so I left it be. Glad to see people are *finally* coming around and noticing these things that have bothered me since Beta.

I agree with the OP. I have made several posts about this very thing myself. Just like the Lightsaber Crystals, nobody seemed to care so I left it be. Glad to see people are *finally* coming around and noticing these things that have bothered me since Beta.

I hate that its always those little things that would be the easiest to implement/fix that always are the last to be adressed...

I hate that its always those little things that would be the easiest to implement/fix that always are the last to be adressed...

Agreed. I honestly do not understand why they wanted to change things that were so much of a big part of Star Wars.

Lightsaber Sound Effects

Eyes

Colors of the Lightsaber Blades

Blaster Rifle Sound Effects

Pistol Sound Effects

All of which they have changed drastically and drives me nuts to have to see and listen to. Hopefully they love their fans and take the time to fix these issues. :cool:

One thing I don't understand is why bioware decided to give red eyes when you hit ds rank 4 it should of been yellow from 1-5.

Plus having only yellow eyes is not correct either the only two characters who have proper sith eyes like in lore and the movies is Darth malgus and

SI spoilers

Darth zash

I am jealous of both of them I wish I had their sith eyes since thats how its meant to be I think bioware was just lazy with it. I mean DS corruption was not going to be in the game and then loads of people in beta were asking why is it not there and then bioware gives us plain yellow eyes and non canon red eyes. I honestly hope bioware goes back to sith corruption and do it properly.

One thing I don't understand is why bioware decided to give red eyes when you hit ds rank 4 it should of been yellow from 1-5.

Plus having only yellow eyes is not correct either the only two characters who have proper sith eyes like in lore and the movies is Darth malgus and

SI spoilers

Darth zash

I am jealous of both of them I wish I had their sith eyes since thats how its meant to be I think bioware was just lazy with it. I mean DS corruption was not going to be in the game and then loads of people in beta were asking why is it not there and then bioware gives us plain yellow eyes and non canon red eyes. I honestly hope bioware goes back to sith corruption and do it properly.

I agree, I'm totally jelous of their eyes as well :D I mean, there is no real reason your eyes shouldn't turn the canon Sith eye color at Dark 4...I think I have a theory as to why they don't though...

We know Bioware is the dev team that made this game. They also made the popular "Mass Effect" game series. In those games you could control the main character and make him do Paragon/Renegade (Good/Evil) deciscions, similar to the DS/LS choices in ToR. In the ME game trilogy, making the main character do evil things made his(or her) eyes turn red. Originally, Sith Corruption wasn't in the game, enough people asked for it in beta and so BW said "Hey! You know how Shepard's eyes turn red in Mass Effect 2 if the player made him do bad things? Let's just add that to ToR!" as sort of a last minute quick fix.

I mean, their heart was in the right place, but, they designed npcs with the Classic Sith Corruption Eyes before they even put Sith Corruption in the game. How they didn't make the connection to give the player these same eyes baffles me.

Edited by Zenotraxium

I agree entirely, the eyes Malgus has I would actually PAY for to equip, in-fact the seriously wrinkled look he has would be an amazing Dark VI if they ever do one.

Yeah I agree completely when I saw malgus for the first time I was jealous of his corruption heck I am even a little bit jealous of zash's as well her sith eyes are nice.

I agree entirely, the eyes Malgus has I would actually PAY for to equip, in-fact the seriously wrinkled look he has would be an amazing Dark VI if they ever do one.

I know right? They could make a ton of cash of the Classic Sith Eyes were a Cartel Item. I'd gladly pay irl money for my character to have these eyes.

I know right? They could make a ton of cash of the Classic Sith Eyes were a Cartel Item. I'd gladly pay irl money for my character to have these eyes.

I disagree. Why should we pay extra for something that should have been in the game to begin with? I believe I would actually be insulted if we were to have to pay real life cash for something that should have been an option from release.

I disagree. Why should we pay extra for something that should have been in the game to begin with? I believe I would actually be insulted if we were to have to pay real life cash for something that should have been an option from release.

Honestly I think bioware will do further work on sith corruption in general since now your sith eyes glow (I think they do glow in canon since I recall that darth sidious eyes had a glow to them as well in the movies hmm I can't really remember.) if you read the PTS notes. We just have to keep the topic up to show that there is interest in people wanting a sith eyes change to be more like the iconic characters in game (zash and malgus) and the movies

I personally hope bioware does this change for free instead of putting it in the cartel shop cause as you said malgus and zash's sith eyes is canon and that's how sith eyes should of been done in the first place. Instead of giving us plain yellow eyes and (non canon) red eyes.

Edited by lokdron

Yeah, it would be a tad bit insulting for them to make us pay for something that pretty much should of been there from the start, but with f2p around the corner, you know BW is expecting a lot of needed income to come from microtransactions...hmmmm...

How about this; every player with an active subscription gets these eyes for free when they get put in game, but f2p players just get the red eyes at Dark 4, if they want the Classic eyes, then they have to buy them from the Cartel. That way the players who already had subs get these eyes for free, but if the f2pers want them they have to spend some cash, giving BW some needed income. That way, everyone wins!

Edited by Zenotraxium

Yeah, it would be a tad bit insulting for them to make us pay for something that pretty much should of been there from the start, but with f2p around the corner, you know BW is expecting a lot of needed income to come from microtransactions...hmmmm...

How about this; every player with an active subscription gets these eyes for free when they get put in game, but f2p players just get the red eyes at Dark 4, if they want the Classic eyes, then they have to buy them from the Cartel. That way the players who already had subs get these eyes for free, but if the f2pers want them they have to spend some cash, giving BW some needed income. That way, everyone wins!

That would be fair. I'm sure the F2P players wouldn't be too happy with it, but as far as I am concerned it's fair.

That would be fair. I'm sure the F2P players wouldn't be too happy with it, but as far as I am concerned it's fair.

The f2pers already have a lot of restrictions, what's one missing cosmetic feature going to hurt? Especially if they can pay a little price and buy them. Us subscribers just get them for free. Consider it BW saying "thank you" for all the support us paying customers have been giving them for so long. :D

Edited by Zenotraxium

Also, mabey it can be an optional feature. Under the appearance tab, we get a checkbox that says "Enable Classic Sith Eyes Yes/No", that way people already happy with the red eyes can still have them, but if they want to try out the classic eyes, they can. Another win-win imo. Edited by Zenotraxium