Beryllius?

bigdaddytim

Is anyone else having problems trying to get some Beryllius from Underworld Trading? I sat tonight for 2 and have hours waiting for a drop and got nothing. Plenty of blues, but I need this to make LVL 66 Purple armorings and mods. Any ideas or suggestions? :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've got loads of it, so dont think there's an issue with the missions (just have to be bountiful or higher). That said, I think the proc rates for the different mission skills seem pretty wonky. I've been running missions all day on 8 different characters since expansion release, and I get significantly less slicing mission unlock items than in the last tier (340).

I dunno, in general I wish they hadn't changed the system this much - like what is the point of making abundant and moderate missions essentially useless?

I've gotten a ton of this material. They've all come from lvl 450 UT schematic missions though. I've made well over 1 million credits in just selling it, and that's selling it way below what most are asking for. It's definitely a rare item. it's become the new "mandalorian iron".

I guess some people are just lucky , not me. Got 2k+ frasium and maybe 40 Beryllius sense 2.0. Have maxed affection for comps that get a bonus but that seems to be worthless also.

I've gotten a ton of this material. They've all come from lvl 450 UT schematic missions though. I've made well over 1 million credits in just selling it, and that's selling it way below what most are asking for. It's definitely a rare item. it's become the new "mandalorian iron".

Thanks for that info, I usually just buy it on the GTN to make armoring/mods, very rarely I manage to get some criticals on rich and bountiful UT missions, and even then, they only grant me 2 or 3 pieces.

I have to admit that Beryllius seems few and far between. I run every metals mission I can (moderate through rich) and I have gotten about 450 Frasium and 33 Breyllius. But I do crit a lot because I have gotten all the armormech glove schematics ten times over :eek:.

I'm running it on 2 different toons trying to get enough to make some more armorings and mods. Been sending my Slicers out on regular missions as well to get the Wealthy missions and have received maybe 2 or 3. I think it's just a rare item that comes after many unsuccessful tries.

I ran the discovery mission 'skimmers' with two characters both got 4 beryllius each , of course i got 7 of everything else. Really?! That's like running a normal rich or bountiful , the devs really need to go over the numbers again.

I ran the discovery mission 'skimmers' with two characters both got 4 beryllius each , of course i got 7 of everything else. Really?! That's like running a normal rich or bountiful , the devs really need to go over the numbers again.

They are it's just taking time.

Not really a problem as I have Underworld Trading on 2 characters. I don't even have maxed affection on most companions and I was still able to get enough Beryllius to make full set of 28 Armorings and Mods for my Assassin in just 2 days. I can easily imagine how irritating this would be if I only had UWT on 1 character. I was thinking about dropping it from one in favor of Slicing but I'm glad I didn't. It's so much easier to make my own Armorings and Mods than grind Basic comms. Edited by Pietrastor

I still have yet to have any drop. I've done nothing but Underworld Metals missions, and have yet to obtain Beryllius from any. I have crit many times, and each time has given me a schematic, not a rarer material. I'm fine with decreasing the frequency with which they drop, but this is pretty ridiculous. At least give them a chance of dropping at all from standard missions!

I guess some people are just lucky , not me. Got 2k+ frasium and maybe 40 Beryllius sense 2.0. Have maxed affection for comps that get a bonus but that seems to be worthless also.

I can confirm this myself.

maxxed companion, bonus % companions, still horrible crit %.

what a joke.

Best to be sure and use comps with +2 (or at worst +1) to Underworld Trading and only use the 2 most costly missions (3240 / 3725) as the others will not return Beryllius even on a crit. Similar system in place for other mat returns of tier 9

Best to be sure and use comps with +2 (or at worst +1) to Underworld Trading and only use the 2 most costly missions (3240 / 3725) as the others will not return Beryllius even on a crit. Similar system in place for other mat returns of tier 9
In my experience, other companions crit as well, the ones with +1/+2 bonus do more but still the mission selection is the most important. If people run Moderate and Abundant Underworld missions, they will NEVER get Beryllius. Not because the crit chance on them is small but because it doesn't exist at all. Only Bountiful and Rich (and Wealthy) missions give Beryllius. Focus on these only, zone in & out of the ship to get as much Bountiful & Rich missions running at once as possible. Edited by Pietrastor

I can confirm this myself.

maxxed companion, bonus % companions, still horrible crit %.

what a joke.

The crit % is fine, the problem is the results from a crit. The overwhelming majority of the time a crit generates an armormech glove schematic. They know this is a problem and are working on it.