The clock is ticking on ilum.

Wraithwarr

Time is slowly running out for the dev team to come up with other options for open pvp. As of right now we all know ilum is not working.

There needs to be other options for world pvp besides one small area with three instances. The valor gap and population imbalance is much to overcome, but by giving the outnumbered faction a buff to hp, stats, or valor (or a combination of all three) could help. Warhammer implemented many of these things, as Jeff Hickman and other former Mythic employees know, and for the most part they were great ideas. Sadly, by the time many of these ideas were implemented it was almost "too little, too late" for much of the games audience.

What about giving us to option to disable other players spell effects? This would give players quite a frame rate boost in large scale pvp battles, and possibly make it a slider bar to where you can see ground aoe's and other area based effects.

There have been many great ideas on the forums, but the clock is ticking. I don't want to see time run out for this game anytime soon. Keep up the progressive attitude and keep those fixes coming. Thank you for your time, and feel free to add any ilum ideas you may have.

Edited by Wraithwarr

I love threads that are titled in some kind of threat of impending doom if they dont act immediately.

I guess that makes the OP feel important or something?

Great thread though, seriously.. this hasn't been said hundreds if not thousands of time already... really... groundbreaking

I love threads that are titled in some kind of threat of impending doom if they dont act immediately.

The meaning is not so much, "If you dont fix Ilum the clock will run out and there will be some sort of calamity". More like "If there are not some balancing issues addressed soon, the reputation of open pvp in the game could be irreparably damaged". The game is going to be around a long time, I know we would all like to to have more world pvp implemented in a timely manner.

I guess that makes the OP feel important or something?

Great thread though, seriously.. this hasn't been said hundreds if not thousands of time already... really... groundbreaking

nope, just an average guy who would like to see some ilum changes. Also, if you choose to make negative post you can give a bit of credence to your argument by using proper grammar.

Edited by Wraithwarr

Good luck watching that clock, cause that clock will be ticking for many of years OP. :)

There have been a few rays of light in the darkness though! At least they are acknowledging the problem; We had some pretty even fights on Ilum 2 last night. :)

Edited by Wraithwarr

There have been a few rays of light in the darkness though. At least they are acknowledging the problem. We had some pretty even fights last night on Ilum 2. :)

Good to hear, there is some servers having a blast at Illum. Here is something to remember everyone, Illum won't be the only planet forever at level 50, you could bet that more planets and more open world pvp is coming soon.

When that happens your going to see alot of happy campers. :)

Then again people will still be unhappy for some reason lol. :p

Edited by Caeliux

Good to hear, there is some servers having a blast at Illum. Here is something to remember everyone, Illum won't be the only planet forever at level 50, you could bet that more planets and more open world pvp is coming soon.

When that happens your going to see alot of happy campers. :)

Then again people will still be unhappy for some reason lol. :p

So true. There are so many places they could go as far as new planets/mechanics. PvP space combat perhaps?

Ilum's just fine on my server. Lots of fights, no trading. Switches control quite often.

It's good to hear that some servers have a challenging and exciting ilum experience, I have seen shades of that on my own. Hopefully they keep shifting populations in mind when they roll out the new content.

The meaning is not so much, "If you dont fix Ilum the clock will run out and there will be some sort of calamity". More like "If there are not some balancing issues addressed soon, the reputation of open pvp in the game could be irreparably damaged". The game is going to be around a long time, I know we would all like to to have more world pvp implemented in a timely manner.

Ah so you can tell the future? You know for sure the game is going to be around a long time, even with the history of their PvP devs? Interesting.

Ah so you can tell the future? You know for sure the game is going to be around a long time, even with the history of their PvP devs? Interesting.

There are still thriving communities for Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, and Warhammer Online. Just because a game is not in the spotlight anymore, so to speak, does not mean its "dead". That term means too many things to too many people. I went back to Warhammer a few times before launch and the community is doing fairly well. The point I was trying to get across was, many of the changes made to Warhammer came after a large portion of the community moved on to something else. There will always be a decent amount of folks willing to pay $15 a month to play the game. Many other MMOs deemed failures by negative people are self sufficient years later.

Edited by Wraithwarr

What's sad is that it's been said over a million times in nearly all MMO's. Probably the worst case was SWG but even then that game went on for 7 years! :eek:

What's sad is that it's been said over a million times in nearly all MMO's. Probably the worst case was SWG but even then that game went on for 7 years! :eek:

Though lets be honest, for SWG that was the truth.

You know you f*cked up as a game company when the ENTIRE community throws up protest both on the forums and ingame with "Riots" in all the major citys against a patch and they not only fail to listen once, but twice.

There are still a bunch of pre-NGE private servers running to this day!

Unofficially yeah. So it'll take a lot, I mean a lot for people to shy away from pretty decent SW MMO. This game has depth and in time will most likely grow. Will it be WoW status? Not sure if I really care if it does or not. I'll be around for at least a year.

I'm coming here from WAR.... and WOW! Ilum is the only "PvP zone" in 2012 game that cost $200mil to make by a major studio? what a complete disaster

game cannot handle 30 vs 30 (5 fps, stuttering, whole zone disconnects, lag, drawing issues...countless problems)...it's so bad... compare to WAR which could easily sustain 100vs100 battles WITH colission detection without breaking a sweat.....

this game is a complete PvP failure

Edited by CptKloss

I like Ilum.

I showed up at 2:00AM server time, did some Player v. Boxes for ~2 hours and finished my daily and weekly!

I didn't have to go through all the trouble of actually killing players.

If anything should be changed in Ilum, there should be a speed buff for all speeders, like 50% increase speeder speed would be fantastic!

As much as I enjoy OW PvP, I think it's time we all had a reality check and realized this game wasn't designed with large scale PvP in mind.

For starters there's only 2 factions. Name one 2 faction MMO that had good OW PvP...Right there is none. For OW PvP to work you need either 3 factions or no factions at all (clan based PvP). 2 faction games always end up having gross population imbalances and there is no magical fix.

Secondly, the GFX engine is horrid and unless you have a NASA computer, there's no way your machine will be able to handle 50+ toons in combat on your screen.

The future of TOR PvP (like everything in TOR) is instanced and small scale.

Expect more WZs and eventually Arenas. Forget world PvP, it'll never happen.