To all F2P players

STOP joining the queue for the FP if you have no intentions to finish/start it. Jesus, I'm trying to hold myself together, but it's just insane! In 2 days, I've managed to complete Esseless/Hammer Station just once of 10-12 attempts. People just enter the instance, run around and then leave in silent. Or even better-need on everything, aggroing every pack and leaving if something goes wrong. OMG I used to play in the early start but 'gosh' it happened maybe 1 time on 100 and usually I didn't meet that person again.

Ok we have to wait for them coz they don't have sprint. Ok we should help them with their questions on stats/abilities. But jees we absolutely don't have to receive negative emotions, spending our time on players that don't respect others. I'm just wondering if it happens to low lvl FP, what happens in wz? Or in higher lvl FP where u can't just run'n'gun. I'm not a moaner at all. I have several 50's and do randoms with some strange ppl often. But now with this hell flood of F2P new-comers it's just insanity to lvl a new character. Mb it's just my bad luck, but I've met barely 2-3 senseble pesrons.

I've been preparing myself for a wave of ppl that will run around and do some quests not bothering me. But this is just ridiculous how they can ruin the pleasure.

So I just want to make it clear. I have nothing against newcomers. Even against newcomers with bad manners and attitude to others. But try to realise that along with you, lots of newcomers will get bad attitude from subscribers, because of prejudice you create. Be friendly and responsive to others- you will get the same back.

I hear ya. However, I don't think F2P players can post on these forums, AND, chances are if they are that inconsiderate in-game I highly doubt they are reading the forums for self improvement :)

I don't know what I would do in your situation though... Advertise you are only LFG with players who have subs? I don't know if that breaks any game policies but its equally not fair to be forced to have your game experienced ruined by players who have no consideration for anyone but themselves. The other possibility is that there is an explosion of very young players (as in >12yrs). For obviously reasons, this player demographic would rarely make for a good group.

To answer your question about WZ's they are AWFUL now. Used to hate level 50 WZ's due to the abundance of premades running around ruining PUGs but its actually more fun to get owned that way then playing sub 50's with 3+ level 11 F2P'ers that just camp the nearest turret in silence, doing nothing, calling nothing, and still losing the turret to 1 suber

what happens in wz?

Ballcarriers thinking they can score on their own despite being halfway across the map and getting flooded by enemies, not passing to others when they're clearly about to die, ballcarriers not passing to stealthers who are literally jumping in the air for them to pass but fail to do so (yes, that stealther is me, it's extremely annoying when it happens).

And a few days ago it was ACW, I told everyone the usual tactic of '2-5-1' (2 cap East, 5 go cap mid, I go see if I can ninja West). And when we've all landed our speeders I see 4 (yes that's right, 4) going East. Funnily enough we won if I remember correctly.

Ballcarriers thinking they can score on their own despite being halfway across the map and getting flooded by enemies, not passing to others when they're clearly about to die, ballcarriers not passing to stealthers who are literally jumping in the air for them to pass but fail to do so (yes, that stealther is me, it's extremely annoying when it happens).

And a few days ago it was ACW, I told everyone the usual tactic of '2-5-1' (2 cap East, 5 go cap mid, I go see if I can ninja West). And when we've all landed our speeders I see 4 (yes that's right, 4) going East. Funnily enough we won if I remember correctly.

I have always disliked CW for that very reason - everyone thinks they have 'the goods' for the cap. With NC, you can at least tell people that only two are needed for cap/guard with a few moments to spare, but CW often does not afford that. Even standing on the dropship, people will call out 'going left', , another calls out 'will intercept', and they STILL get 2 or 3 others following them to the turret. Then I get stuck in the middle turret with one or two others, overwhelmed by five or six people. On level 50, it's often a matter of just doing my dailies and then going to an alt to do something - anything - else to get away from that mentality.

In a similar vein (and to get the post back to a FP orientation), I have alts languishing waiting to get decent groups for flashpoints - because it seems the overall average of the population has taken a precipitous dive in regards to knowing what's needed for flashpoints. I understand not knowing what's required - everyone needs to learn at some point, and there's always a first time. It's the people who refuse to learn or to 'play nice' that will ultimately define the F2P crowd.

all the issues you have stated was occurring way before f2p was here. in fact it was far worse the three months after release. many are still here in the fp hms and has been here since group finder 1.3.

the problem isn't f2p but rather peoples ill preconceived perceptions of what types of people play those mmos. i for one have 2 f2p accounts of non wow clone mmos. my friends have the same as does a few guildies. we dont have any issues in those games. the only issues we have are the wow and wow clone subscriber mmos player base who never learned any etiquette due to the games mechanics. whether or not these people pay or not pay for a subscription will make no difference, they will not have any manners either way. a subscription doesnt make people have any manners in a game period.

a subscription doesnt make people have any manners in a game period.

This is undeniably true. But we are, after all, presently operating on appearances and assumptions. And the assumptions will be that F2P is the main culprit, even if it is actually subscribers that are the ones acting like complete jackwipes.

You can often (though not always) tell, even at level 50 WZ level, who the F2P ones are - they show up for one, maybe two WZ's, regardless of ability or manners. And you are correct, there are doubtless polite, well-mannered F2P sorts who are willing to learn and play nice. But remember the axiom of 'first impressions stick', which is turning out to be true, in many cases.

Warzones are %$@^ now sub 50. I recently resubbed and rerolled onto the PoT5 and I'm flabbergasted by how horrible some of these people are. No incoms, no passing, no nothing. They just run around like a chicken with their head cut off hoping their team will carry them for a win. Im actually looking forward to going to the 50 bracket so I can avoid most of these idiotic f2pers.

Been levelling a new alt since f2p came out, not too far only just hit balmora @ lvl18 but regarding F2P players I have encountered on the way i have to say, for the most part, they have been very good to get on with. not grabbing all gear drops regardless of need or greed, of course as others have said there are some odd goings on in flashpoints, running all over the place looking for non-existant loot, backtracking, and of course leaving. :eek:

But overall while it can be frustrating at times I find it a nice change to have some new blood running around, as many of us that have been around since day 1 do sometimes come across as a bit elitist and snobby to one another, even more so at these players.

They just need some time guys :D

--- Resident of ToFn ---

Edited by DizzyrupTor

The only problem i see are indeed FP's. Like with many other games people leave when you have a single wipe, pathetic people really. Do not join an FP or Ops if you can't take wiping because that is part of it.

About FP's, let me share something, i went into Manda with one of my alts and it started as being horrible.

I was the Vanguard tank, not a great one mind you, but i was doing my best. Thing with SWTOR is that it requires some practice and it's not as easy as in WOW for example. The problem here was that one of the folks in the group, a Commando, attacked either the wrong mob or attacked before i did and pulled mobs to him...literally. Then i would have to try to get the mobs away from the group and the healer. Of course the healer would just type "agro!" in chat and blame me. When we were doing a boss i pulled it and normally you give the tank the chance to round him and the two adds up, but the commando started blasting around like crazy and went to the boss before the adds were down. I tried but i could not keep aggro on the two adds, taunting didn't do a thing. We managed to kill the boss and adds but i was blamed agai for the chaotic fight. So i was about to leave, when i decided i would explain how tanking works. I did and after that it went a lot better, we still had two wipes, but in the end we managed to complete the FP.

So what's the point of my post: communication.

If something is wrong do not assume the other person knows, ask them about it, talk it over and hopefully try to fix it.

Just my 2 humble cents.

:cool:

Ok. I totally give up leveling commando healer. I can't handle 3 noobs in FP// 5/8 noobs in pvp anymore. Since it's my 9-th 50 lvl have no desire to do planet quests anymore, so I'll just pull 6 levels on my operative and won't make a step on sub 50 locations... Today got 12 warzones lost (most 3/0 or 6/0) and 3 Hammer Stations with 0 loot (shadow @tank@ needed everything/commando took and left the group/ I tanked instead of a tank...) Good luck on your battlefield guys.;)

Like someone said earlier. Many times it can be fixed with some comunication. Take a bit of responsibility for your group especially if your the experienced one. It takes a min or two to get tell people how you want things done, and it can improve peoples game alot. After the fist pull when some dps have tunnelvisioned on the big elites while you as tank had to go pick up adds, tell him how you want it done. If he keeps tunneling just let him tank the big elite while you pick up adds. If he dies enough times maybe he´ll learn.

Still, Comunication is the key.

Well, I'm trying to communicate, but usually I see smth like :

15-20 min in GF (somewhy F2P's avoid it)

"You've enetered xxxxx"

nnnnn leaves the group

***kk leaves the group

15 sec of silence

jjjj leaves the group

'the group has been disbanded"

15-20 mins again....

or stuff like....

"Hello guys! Pal, you should use a stance for tanking, ur gear is also 0 durability)" (see tons of ppl with no self buffs/stances with broken gear)-silence/ "I tank the droid u tank the adds"-->he dies, dps/me tank the stuff

Srsly, I've completed all PvE stuff and I want to lvl another twink, but I can't coz it's either frustrating (pvp/fp), either boring + frustrating (done all side quests 2 times on each side/ don't have any +exp buffs on pve / noob f2p's killing every mob they see even if they don't have to....)

I've dinged my JK several days before 1.5 hit, but I never had a hard time lvling either pvp(it was bad, but not terrible like it's now), either pve( still enough ppl to group with, not too much to wait for mobs to spawn all the time). Why would I play if I have noth to do but dailies/some pvp? More importantly, why can't I enjoy the game as usual if I pay for it?

I don't think that it's a f2p thing inherantly. We just got a rush of new players at once. I'm sure a few of them haven't played an mmo before either. Just give them time to learn their class, how how the different war zones work.

I remember when I started playing I had no idea that there was a pass the ball skill for Hutt Ball, and when my shadow got her first taunt I wondered why the hell anyone would want to use that. Didn't figure out what a healer and tank were really for until I had an epiphany on Alderaan. xD

Well with FTPer's there's only one thing that i have seen that's annoyed me, was running a Red Reaper for the Daily reward earlier today im level 50 and totally over geared for it so its pretty fast running after killing the second boss one of the dps (there was a healer sorcerer level 44 dps marauder level 44 and a dps marauder level 47) after killing the boss and clearing the trash that attack after he needs on the loot (Fair enough its marauder loot i am passing on ot all anyway if he wants the loot have it no problem with that) he gets the loot fair enough then just leaves the group while hes still in it i put

"Why are you leaving?"

[no reply]

so he leaves at which point i was like fine ok as we continue clearing trash to next boss however i did pm him saying

"Why did you leave mate please tell me your not a ninja ;)?"

he replied saying "Why are u bothered i needed on gear its for my class and i left cause i have no loot rolls for last boss im a FTP player"

At that point i was like maybe you would stay for 1. to finish what you started 2. to help run the others through the fp (not that we needed him lol but its just polite) 3. to get the xp for the rest of the flashpoint and the daily, after saying this to him he just said "Another dps is easy to find" i just replied "not the point tho is it" other than that ive had no trouble with FTP players yet tho i haven't tried leveling a character since 1.5

Seriously people would do that?

I have never experienced it, but I was not that active with my alts.. now, I see I might missed the right point.. otherwise it may be really difficult.

But then, maybe it;s worth asking at FP beginning whether people know the mechanics, or who is F2P ?

have to try it myself...

One thing that does tick me off a little is.. I like to go to DK often (to visit the legacy vendors), i'm lazy so ill just take the shuttle. Every dam time i walk past the BT entrance i get a group invite or like half a dozen whispers from people asking me to help them. GF EXISTS FOR A REASON. So do the game tutorials.

One thing that does tick me off a little is.. I like to go to DK often (to visit the legacy vendors), i'm lazy so ill just take the shuttle. Every dam time i walk past the BT entrance i get a group invite or like half a dozen whispers from people asking me to help them. GF EXISTS FOR A REASON. So do the game tutorials.

isn't there a checkbox that you can use to disable random invites from other players in the preferences menu?

+ Someone posted earlier that F2P players cant post on the forms. But they can still read them.

People who read the forums are generally the people that don't need the help.

However, and this is spaking from general MMO experience rather than SWtoR experience, but in groups you don't often have someone who actually gives tactics. And when they do they give them in a way that they understand, using their MMO experience, but not always in a way that makes sense to a new player.

A good example: Don't shoot the CC'd droid

To a new player:

What is a droid?

What does CC mean?

What does the CC look like?

When can I shoot it? Can I punch it?

Does my AoE break the CC?

Why did you CC that one not the other one?

You have used CC on that droid, should I use mine on the other one?

How long does your CC last?

An experienced player will just know all of this, but I have been in a situation many times in various games where instructions just do not help, because by the time I understand what it meant, it is too late.

Yes you cannot explain this every time, or you will be on forever, but you should at least understand that there is a chance that your instructions are just not understood, rather than not followed. And often people prefer to hope you don't realise they are the ones screwing up rather than saying they don't know what you mean.

This all? This is what happens when you get some new blood into a game.

We've been playing with people's alts for a very long time.

It's a sign of vitality. A healthy MMO should have this.

CHERISH IT. :p Even if it's annoying.

Edited by Guancyto