Level 23 / 24 / 25 Crafted Mods

Zoopercat

I need a little help - I'm doing some more updates to our database (Ask Mr. Robot). One of our users PM'd me with a few things that we need confirmation on. As many of you know, we are very, very dedicated to having an accurate database.

UPDATE FOR PATCH 1.2.2 on May 1:

Hey guys... with yesterday's 1.2.2 patch, we might need to take a look at some of the screenshots everyone was so kind to post :(

Some gear that could be reverse engineered but erroneously displayed the "No Research Available" tooltip has been corrected.

Can everyone who has access to the level 23-26 mods, enhancements, armorings, and hilts take another look, see if the tooltip says you can research it now?

These screenshots may be out of date now, with the 1.2.2 update...

If anyone can answer the following, I'd appreciate it. Screenshots are ideal, since Mr. Robot is all about 100% proof.

1. Can any of the level 23, 24, or 25 mods be crafted? Level 24 Confirmed, from dropped pattern. Some Level 23Bs Cannot Be RE'd. Level 25 Cannot be RE'd. Level 25 Armorings (no set bonus) cannot be RE'd.

2. Can any 'type B' mod level 23 or higher be crafted? see example. Level 24B confirmed.

3. Can the level 26 / 27 mods can be RE'd when ripped from end-game gear? If so, what happens to the set bonus? If the mod drops from a boss (with no set bonus attached), can that be RE'd? Level 26 from BH Gear Confirmed to be RE'd. Level 26 from War Hero Gear Cannot.

4. Can *ANY* orange item ever learn variants. It would seem not considering how orange gear works, but you DO have a chance to RE this item. I assume that' chance is just to learn the orange shell. If anyone can confirm one way or the other, I can update our data. Confirmed, the crafted item cannot even be RE'd.

Edited by Zoopercat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 = NO

#2 = NO

#3 = have not been able to confirm yet

This is not quite correct. You can craft some of the mark 23/24/25 armorings, enhancements, and mods. But the schematics only drop in the hard mode Ops. I've seen a few myself on the GTN, and there in separate confirmation from Dulfy in this article: http://dulfy.net/2012/02/17/operation-loot-listschematics-mods-edition/

(If this wasn't for Ask Mr Robot, I would not have bothered to login and reply)

Shadow, Mr. Robot loves you too :)

As for the link on dulfy's site (she is amazing, btw), it doesn't say if the mod's schematics drop, or just the mods. I'm pretty sure I asked her this before and she gave me a screenshot with proof. I'll have to catch her and ask (again), since I didn't save it.

Plus, it's possible it's changed since 1.2... maybe only the mods dropped pre-1.2 but now the schematics can too?

I haven't seen a schematic for a mod drop from an Op yet. The ones you've seen on the GTN were most likely dropped from the Ops. Unless they have a "made by" on them, they were dropped from the Ops. I've never seen one with "made by".

I haven't seen a schematic for a mod drop from an Op yet. The ones you've seen on the GTN were most likely dropped from the Ops. Unless they have a "made by" on them, they were dropped from the Ops. I've never seen one with "made by".

exactly. this is false information in the above posts.

only the MODS themselves drop in the Operations. You CANNOT craft these mods nor do schematics drop to create these mods (AND you cannot reverse engineer these mods to learn any type of schematic, you would only get mats back and learn nothing)

Edited by The_Duck

Found proof, the 24 mods are now craftable, the schematic dropped off a trash mob in nightmare KP. Now... do the 23 and 25 schematics also show up somewhere?

http://i.imgur.com/YHCXe.jpg

that is an enhancement and not a cybertech crafted mod.

granted i guess cybertech was not your original question.

anyways, as a cybertech crafter myself i would love to see some +22 schematics but have yet to see or hear about any

that is an enhancement and not a cybertech crafted mod.

granted i guess cybertech was not your original question.

anyways, as a cybertech crafter myself i would love to see some +22 schematics but have yet to see or hear about any

here are the 2 mods that we got a week ago.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo164/bubba316999/Screenshot_2012-04-22_21_40_20_939858.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo164/bubba316999/Screenshot_2012-04-22_21_40_17_528663.jpg

We have confirmed sources for the level 24 and 24B mods. Has anyone seen the other levels in question?

At the moment, I don't think they (mods/ armoring/ enhancement lvl 25/26/27 craft-able schematics) are in the game. or it must have a very low chance of RE it. The fact is, you can't RE a purple, to get the schematic of it. You can only RE a blue and hope for a chance to get the purple of it (notice the tooltip as you try to RE a blue to purple, it has a success chance rate on it, but there's no such tooltip on purple PvE mods and etc.). And all end-game PvE gears have purple mods in them. This pretty much leaves schematics drop for 25/26/27 only in NM raids/ world bosses if there's any.

Edited by pangwl

At the moment, I don't think they (mods/ armoring/ enhancement lvl 25/26/27 craft-able schematics) are in the game. or it must have a very low chance of RE it. The fact is, you can't RE a purple, to get the schematic of it. You can only RE a blue and hope for a chance to get the purple of it (notice the tooltip as you try to RE a blue to purple, it has a success chance rate on it, but there's no such tooltip on purple PvE mods and etc.). And all end-game PvE gears have purple mods in them. This pretty much leaves schematics drop for 25/26/27 only in NM raids/ world bosses if there's any.

Pangwl, pre 1.2, you're right, you had to get a pattern, and RE it to get new variants, which could be purple. However, with 1.2, you can now RE the mods/enhancements from end game gear to learn the schematic. At least, that's how they explained it here (several questions down).

Many of the new end game items (and end game items going forward) can be reverse engineered to learn schematics based on the original item:

Reverse engineering an item with mods leads to empty orange equivalents of the end game items. This can be done after the mods are extracted and used in a different item!

The item you learn to create is commonly Bind on Equip, as we want to encourage a more lively market on the Galactic Trade Network.

Many different mods can now be reverse engineered which will grant you a schematic to craft that mod. (This is not possible on armoring that carry a set bonus.)

Reverse engineering non-modded items usually leads to a schematic for an equivalent item.

Reverse engineering an end game item also provides materials needed to craft these items. Operations materials are also Bind on Equip now, creating a more diverse market.

A crafting critical on these schematics will usually lead to an augment slot. For item mods, it results in an extra item.

The best way to figure that out is to either do a search for the mod in our database, or just click on the mod when viewing an item in a list. For example, here's the page for "Advanced Agile Mod 24." You'll see it lists several champion items that it can be ripped from, as well as the crafting information. So for this particular mod, it looks like it can be learned.

That being said, we've had confirmation that level 24 patterns drop. I don't think we have confirmation that they can be RE'd yet. BW has stated that you can RE several mods/enhancements from endgame gear, but does anyone have confirmation on which ones?

We're working on adding more sources for crafted gear, so that you know if it's from an RE, a pattern, a trainer or a vendor.

And as always, if you think something might be wrong, let us know so we can update it right away!

Edited by Zoopercat

Thanks zoopercat. I'm leery to RE the champion mods because I thought i had read the "new" gear and mods could be RE'd....and technically the champion gear is now not new. I'll look for some pieces that my companions or I need anymore any rip em apart for the RE torch :)

Thanks zoopercat. I'm leery to RE the champion mods because I thought i had read the "new" gear and mods could be RE'd....and technically the champion gear is now not new. I'll look for some pieces that my companions or I need anymore any rip em apart for the RE torch :)

Just look at them in RE-mode, if they have "Chance to Research a schematic: x%" then you can learn something, if they don't then you can't. I tend to think you can't, and only mods from WH/Campaign/BlackHole gear can be researched.

But I also heard reports that those items ALSO don't have it in their tooltip.

We have confirmed sources for the level 24 and 24B mods. Has anyone seen the other levels in question?

That's great news!

Edited by Rhaphael

Endora, it isn't that I don't trust you, but Mr. Robot likes hard evidence... robots take everything so seriously. Can I trouble you for a screenshot when you mouse over the mod? One that shows the lack of a 'you have a x% chance to learn a pattern' tooltip.

Thanks!!!

Pangwl, pre 1.2, you're right, you had to get a pattern, and RE it to get new variants, which could be purple. However, with 1.2, you can now RE the mods/enhancements from end game gear to learn the schematic. At least, that's how they explained it here (several questions down).

I am aware what you're referring to, but let me point it out, whereby:

that is exactly the misleading part from BW... variants (is always from Blue to Purple). However, for "old/ pre-existed" non-variant, e.g. all purple armorings/ mods/ enhancments/ crystals/ barrels, you 'd definitely need schematics for (lvl 24/25)... If level 26/27 is "NEW" it may be possible to rip and learn it as stated on the patch notes. The concrete evidence is the tooltip. If you click RE and hover over the blackhole stuff and it doesn't have the tooltip = nada, no schematic to be learned.

I am certainly be happy to provide you with Screenshot once I get back home

Edited by pangwl

I have a theory about this, but I need a qustion answered first.

How many Ops are there right now and what is their order from lowest level gear drops to highest level gear drops?

Gear by level

1) Tionese/ Xenotech (craft-able) -> Columi/ Exotech (craft-able) -> Rakata -> Black Hole / Campagin.

2) 3 Ops - Eternity Vault (E.V), Karagga's Palace (K.P), Explosive Content (E.C)

3) Some Hard Mode Flashpoints drop columi and rakata.

Endora, it isn't that I don't trust you, but Mr. Robot likes hard evidence... robots take everything so seriously. Can I trouble you for a screenshot when you mouse over the mod? One that shows the lack of a 'you have a x% chance to learn a pattern' tooltip.

Thanks!!!

As you requested

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/5.jpg (from commendation vendor/ random drops)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/3.jpg (from commendation vendor)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/1.jpg (control group)

If you want to ask me personally? I think Cybertech is all broken to the core, at least in RE.

Edited by pangwl