Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vigilance in ranked wz, what setup?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Vigilance in ranked wz, what setup?

Bare-Giin
01.20.2013 , 06:15 PM | #1
Yo!
I've been playing a juggernaut since lunch and now i have rerolled a guardian just cuz i love the class so much (and i like the guardian animations more tbh ) , but enough about that and to the point.. I have been reading on the forums that some ppl is using the vigilance/vengeance tree in rated wz and i wonder what setup ur groups are using?

I know that some of u will think "just play lolsmash like everyone else" but i find that so boring (sure its damn effective) so im looking for a setup vigi can work well in.. I have some suggestions myself but would be fun to hear how others are doing =)

thx in advance
Giin
DRAMA
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

TonyDragonflame
01.21.2013 , 11:12 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bare-Giin View Post
Yo!
I've been playing a juggernaut since lunch and now i have rerolled a guardian just cuz i love the class so much (and i like the guardian animations more tbh ) , but enough about that and to the point.. I have been reading on the forums that some ppl is using the vigilance/vengeance tree in rated wz and i wonder what setup ur groups are using?

I know that some of u will think "just play lolsmash like everyone else" but i find that so boring (sure its damn effective) so im looking for a setup vigi can work well in.. I have some suggestions myself but would be fun to hear how others are doing =)

thx in advance
I think, guardians must have field respec, 2x sets gear and switching between defence/vigilance hybrid 18/23/0 and full focus 2/8/31:

Huttball, Voidstar defence stage - def/vigi hybrid in full defence gear, tank role
Voidstar offence, NC, AH, CW - focus spec, dps role focusing healers and pyrotechs

Pure vigilance guardian obvious useless for ranked as i think.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

rob_y
01.21.2013 , 11:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
I think, guardians must have field respec, 2x sets gear and switching between defence/vigilance hybrid 18/23/0 and full focus 2/8/31:

Huttball, Voidstar defence stage - def/vigi hybrid in full defence gear, tank role
Voidstar offence, NC, AH, CW - focus spec, dps role focusing healers and pyrotechs

Yea, that's what I do when I play rateds (which isn't that often anymore). Hybrid Vigilance/Defense for Huttball / VS Def, Focus for anything else.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Bare-Giin
01.26.2013 , 11:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post

Well u maybe didnt understanded my question or u just didnt care what i said? Im asking PPL WHO PLAY vigilance in rateds what group comps they r using ..
Giin
DRAMA
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

Racter
01.26.2013 , 12:18 PM | #5
There aren't people playing full Vengeance in rateds. That's what everyone is trying to tell you. You'd be taking a combat/carnage sent/mara's spot with less utility and way less damage.