BW, What do you consider acceptable damage, see pic inside

Khrell

I'm just curious what you would consider acceptable damage. Here I am at 1287 expertise and got force sweeped for 6153 damage. Granted I'm missing 1500 hps cause i'm not rebuffed and usually sit around close to 18k, but is it ok to drop 1/3 of your hit points off in one attack followed up with a guaranteed force scream that hits for 3-5k and a finishing move for another 5k.

With 3 possible hits I can go from full to dang near dead in a matter of seconds with high expertise. It doesn't matter if I'm at 1350 or 1200 the smash/sweep damage is just too much. Here's a pic of me getting hit by a force sweep that finished me off

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd348/Nagasakisan/1287_zps345b34a6.jpg

Wow, love those 31/31/31 specs. :rolleyes:

You do realize that the big force scream hits come from carnage/combat, and that a hybrid of carnage/rage that could acquire the big force scream hits, would be gimped in smash/sweep damage and set-up? (They would lose the top 2 talents of the tree, force crush for shockwave build, and resonance for increased force crit damage. So they could only really use force choke to build shockwave then, and would do overall less damage even when they finally did smash.)

Everybody should agree that smash/sweep needs an adjustment, just as bubble-stun does. But presenting inaccurate data as your facts does nothing to help your cause. I am also pretty sure we didn't need another "nerf smash" thread, the other 3000 are more than enough....

as the 1 in the expertise been photo shoped in ? i zoomed in on it and it dont look like the other 1's above.

that being said if that is what smash is doing in a DPS setup it is op i am just worried as a tank setup Sith Warrior that any changes to it will effect my tanking ability i

well, it's on pve-geared light-armored sorcerer apparently. Still OP is heavy-armored and has reasonable amount of expertise to eat 12k or anything even close :D

Yes, I thought as much.

When I want to play braindead on my jugg, I field respecc to rage as well and hit wh geared chars for 5k+

1393 Expertise, EWH/WH mix (need the other EWH relic for 1396 (max) but tbh I'm thinking of finally going for some PvE armourings instead. That would just increase smash damage numbers though since I'd loose mitigation)

No screenshots, but I regularly see 5-7k smashes on me.

It's funny how people whine about the single target damage of rage warriors (Or the jedi equivalent) while powertechs / vanguard deals more single target damage, why not whine about those?

This thread, is about a powertech (#1 single target dps'er, as far as I know), whining about a rage warrior's single target damage. There's no logic in that. Powertechs got Railshot, that can crit 1.2k resil juggs for 5k+, and that has a chance to have it CD reset and do it again within seconds.

This thread is irony.

Edit: Would just like to clarify, I'm not defending smash, I'm just pointing out the irony in this thread. Smash does indeed need a nerf imo, I'm not sure how though (My main is an optimized smasher).

Edited by shojj

This wasn't a whine, What I originally asked is how much is too much to BW. Also to the guy above that questioned low aim read the intro I said I was at respawn and hadn't rebuffed yet.

I flat out want to know if they are designing pvp for people to be 3-4 shot or if they want it to stretch a little longer. Even the best geared dps at 20k can get roflstomped fast with stuns etc. They used to nerf any class that could break 5k and it was hella hard to break 5k, and now it's common to see 5-7k dmg from Snipers, Bh's, Juggs etc.

Hell I'll be the first to admit I can dish out some nice dmg as well with double railshot and Td going off theres 10-15k right there as well. I've been playing since beta and originally the dmg was never this fast coming in. If it was they'd nerf it. Why they continue to let it scale out of control as players figure out ways to min/max power into thier builds is bypassing what they saw for the original design of Expertise.

It's funny how people whine about the single target damage of rage warriors (Or the jedi equivalent) while powertechs / vanguard deals more single target damage, why not whine about those?

This thread, is about a powertech (#1 single target dps'er, as far as I know), whining about a rage warrior's single target damage. There's no logic in that. Powertechs got Railshot, that can crit 1.2k resil juggs for 5k+, and that has a chance to have it CD reset and do it again within seconds.

This thread is irony.

Edit: Would just like to clarify, I'm not defending smash, I'm just pointing out the irony in this thread. Smash does indeed need a nerf imo, I'm not sure how though (My main is an optimized smasher).

:confused:

yes. 7k single target. and 1-3 other people are also getting hit by the same ability for 3-6k. you're right. it's all about those damn pyros.

Why they continue to let it scale out of control as players figure out ways to min/max power into thier builds is bypassing what they saw for the original design of Expertise.

Therein lays the problem. By allowing this to happen it skews their matrixes and renders any balance completely out of line. Min/Maxing should not be allowed. Armor, Mods, and Enhancements for each AC should be locked to that type. Example, a Force Master component will only work in the gear it came with or with all the components as a whole. They have the ability to lock the armor to each piece; they can do the same for all of it. Conversely, any time that you mix match these pieces in PvE gear, you lose the bonuses. Likewise, PvE components should not be allowed to work with any PvP components.

They designed these components for a reason, balance. All these components should be restricted to working together to obtain the bonuses, not just the armor. And now that EWH belts and bracers are modable, those can be included in this too. Players taking it upon themselves to exploit the numbers by min/maxing their gear should be penalized for doing so. Then I bet you’ll see the numbers coming more inline and help restore the balance between the classes better.

yes. 7k single target. and 1-3 other people are also getting hit by the same ability for 3-6k. you're right. it's all about those damn pyros.

And you didn't see the point of the post. Thread's about single target damage.

Ignorant troll.

And you didn't see the point of the post. Thread's about single target damage.

Ignorant troll.

You're absolutely right. We shouldn't factor in what the ability actually does when we talk about how they perform.

Regarding the actual topic at hand, I'd say this is a very common phenomenon in MMO's. Damage spirals "out of control" (I'm not sure if we're there quite yet, but the signs are there at the very least) as new sets of gear are introduced. Mainly because of how damage is calculated in comparison to damage mitigation and HP pools.

What I mean by that is that the damage is disproportionate in relation to how long people are expected to live. Of course, if we factor in one-two good healers and coordinated group efforts, that TTL will be increased (to infinity, in some cases). It's a very hard balance.

Wow, love those 31/31/31 specs. :rolleyes:

You do realize that the big force scream hits come from carnage/combat, and that a hybrid of carnage/rage that could acquire the big force scream hits, would be gimped in smash/sweep damage and set-up? (They would lose the top 2 talents of the tree, force crush for shockwave build, and resonance for increased force crit damage. So they could only really use force choke to build shockwave then, and would do overall less damage even when they finally did smash.)

Everybody should agree that smash/sweep needs an adjustment, just as bubble-stun does. But presenting inaccurate data as your facts does nothing to help your cause. I am also pretty sure we didn't need another "nerf smash" thread, the other 3000 are more than enough....

It's not uncommon for a rage spec player stacking power to hit 3-5k force screams.... I've jumped someone on my juggernaut before and did a 7k smash, 5k scream and a 6k vicious throw.

It's not uncommon for a rage spec player stacking power to hit 3-5k force screams.... I've jumped someone on my juggernaut before and did a 7k smash, 5k scream and a 6k vicious throw.

Yeah, I love how people are saying that they "do really low damage on their other abilities" when they hit like trucks because of stacked Power.

I'm just curious what you would consider acceptable damage.

OVER 9000.

Nah but seriously. Given your stats, right on average. My toon could whack you for over 7.

but is it ok to drop 1/3 of your hit points off in one attack followed up with a guaranteed force scream that hits for 3-5k and a finishing move for another 5k.

Why don't you counter by popping hydraulic overrides to kite him, tag him with a thermal detonator while you have distance, jet boost back in and finish him off with an auto crit 90% armor pen free railshot?

But srsly again. A full power stacked rage mara has about a 21% chance to crit you with his force scream and a 36% chance to crit with his vicious throw. So the chance of a 6k smash + 4k scream + 5k execute is about 7.2% not taking into account all other factors. It's kind of like when you get lucky and get a 5k railshot + 5k thermal det + 2k flameburst + 5k railshot.

Edited by Roastmouse

I'm just curious what you would consider acceptable damage. Here I am at 1287 expertise and got force sweeped for 6153 damage. Granted I'm missing 1500 hps cause i'm not rebuffed and usually sit around close to 18k, but is it ok to drop 1/3 of your hit points off in one attack followed up with a guaranteed force scream that hits for 3-5k and a finishing move for another 5k.

With 3 possible hits I can go from full to dang near dead in a matter of seconds with high expertise. It doesn't matter if I'm at 1350 or 1200 the smash/sweep damage is just too much. Here's a pic of me getting hit by a force sweep that finished me off

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd348/Nagasakisan/1287_zps345b34a6.jpg

just to explain you how it works:

(all smashes from a guardian/jugger on full war hero enemies without defensive CD)

sorc = 7k+

operative = 6k+

merc/powertech dps/pyro = 6k+

marauder focus= 6k+

tanks = 5k+

now u can add 15% from powerup + 15% from inspiration to calculate the max hit

now u should feel lucky that u didnt get smashed for 7k+

just to explain you how it works:

(all smashes from a guardian/jugger on full war hero enemies without defensive CD)

sorc = 7k+

operative = 6k+

merc/powertech dps/pyro = 6k+

marauder focus= 6k+

tanks = 5k+

now u can add 15% from powerup + 15% from inspiration to calculate the max hit

now u should feel lucky that u didnt get smashed for 7k+

Not me. My scoundrel healer regularly gets hit for almost 6k -- ~5890 seems to be the magic number -- but I've never seen a >= 6k number actually show up, to speak nothing of 7k. I get focused fairly heavily, so I don't think that it's simply a matter of me being lucky and taking only the weaker smashes. That's against a fully optimized EWH-geared smash mara. My toon is full EWH, though lately I've been running Hazmat rather than WH implants in my warzones. YMMV.