AutoAssigned Loot

Yeah, this sucks. This week we did EV and the first two bosses dropped loot for me. Both items I had already gotten the prior week, AND there was another Agent in the raid who could have used them.

Another option besides allowing trade within the group is this: Let the assigned player RELEASE their lock on the item.

I don't even see a problem with ML in a pug. When you join a pug, you can find out if the leader is master looter, if he is and you don't feel comfortable with it, you can ask him to change it or leave the PUG. This random system doesn't take into whether someone may have a piece of gear in their bags or bank that is better than the drop. It may give it to someone who is crafting themselves a better piece of gear over a person that actually needed the drop. What about people who get more than one drop in the same run, this doesn't even allow them to pass on it.

Please change this. It's RUINING raids in this game.

And for anyone who thinks we should just do FFA and then have appointed person pick it up, how many times have you seen someone not pay attention and pick up a BOP item?

And since BW customer service won't take the BOP item from the person that got it and give it to the correct person, this makes that even worse.

Why don't they implement the WoW loot system where you can trade BoP gear for 2 hours to anyone who was also present for the kill? This way they can leave the system as it is and if your in a guild and it auto assigns you a piece you don't need you can just trade it.

Seems the easiest way and still prevents ninja looting in pugs

Gharj dropped an offhand pistol for me!

Such a shame that I was a Powertech...

Trade the token it for your shield generator, thats how that works if you dont have an actual off-hand weapon...after you go do this and get one with 120ish endurance come back and thank me

The easiest fix is making loot tradeable for a short period within your operation group there is no downside to this and fixes any problems.

Back in WOW we had a master looter who would loot everything then trade it out to members while clearing trash to quicken clears win/win but we can't even do this or ROLL on loot with a /roll command. The endgame thought process of the DEVS are confusing almost like they were paid off to ruin it from Blizzard because there is not way some of these things were implemented with a straight face.

The actual complaints are: I got loot I didn't need / somebody else needed more.

The answer is NOT Master Looter.

The answer is to allow the need / greed option to apply to those pieces.

Reality check: ML can cause *bigger drama* problems then random loot drops. It's one thing to not get your piece ... it's another to not get your piece cause the RL gave it to somebody else.

Considering how CareBear BW is, doesn't surprise me they don't want to have those issues happening right now.

Besides, without a /roll that shows up on every ones screen, ML is a really bad idea for pugs.

The actual complaints are: I got loot I didn't need / somebody else needed more.

The answer is NOT Master Looter.

The answer is to allow the need / greed option to apply to those pieces.

Reality check: ML can cause *bigger drama* problems then random loot drops. It's one thing to not get your piece ... it's another to not get your piece cause the RL gave it to somebody else.

Considering how CareBear BW is, doesn't surprise me they don't want to have those issues happening right now.

Besides, without a /roll that shows up on every ones screen, ML is a really bad idea for pugs.

Never had a complaint in 5 years of raiding with WoW. If you are running instances with your guild, you should be in a guild were the person chosen as master looter is fair. Ours is actually done by council, officers discuss who needs the piece more based on what they have and who got what piece of gear last.

The problem with the game deciding is that it doesn't really know what to do. Even if they set it up to give heal heavy stats to people that are heal specced, the game has no way of knowing if that's the gear I want. Maybe I specced that way because we are short of healers and I was helping my guild out one time. Maybe I am gathering mats for a new piece that is better than what dropped and I wish my guildies got the drop instead. There are many reasons why the game deciding who gets what will not work. And for those that like the system the way it is, I am not saying take it away from you, I am just saying that those of us that HATE it should be able to choose which loot option we want. If you are running a pug group with me, and I pick a loot option you don't like, you can make the choice to ask me to change it or not run with me. As it is, I don't want to run at all. You can say that the point of playing the game is not raiding to get loot, but it really has a big impact on what we do. If you take away my chances of getting loot or make someone get the same piece over and over, you are eliminating the need for anyone to run an instance more than once. If there is no reward, there is no reason to run it multiple times. So, now we're done with the game. If there is a reward, we will keep running it until we get everyone what they want and it will keep us busy longer, interested in the game longer, and buy more time for the devs to make new content. If you make the raids in a way that we are doing something repetitively with very little chance we will EVER see a drop we want or need AND force us to watch people who don't want or need the piece get it, it's just too darn discouraging. As I said in another post, it's like watching the lactose intolerant kid get the last of the ice-cream and you get to watch him watch it melt because he can't eat it.

Edited by Theophania

I agree. And it's quite disheartening seeing that shiny piece of healing gear that I wanted going to a DPS. :(

What this guy said. Next time it happens i'm taking some screen shots so Bioware can't deny this exists. Really is hotfix material!

Edited by Motropolis

Also, I would just like to add: over the past two nights we ran EV 5/5 and EV HM: 4/5 Hutt's Palace: 4/5. EV was fine, loot assignment worked a treat via the master loot system, even though the gear was STILL automatically assigned. Hutt's palace however was not. I'm a sage (healer) I watched a DPS get the trinket I was running the whole instance for and I was assigned some ilvl 136 Heavy Armor legs that I couldn't even equip. The only possible use was to give them to a pet where they would have been much better on the offtank we were trying to gear up!

I'm sorry but this loot system is fundamentally brainless. Why on earth assign me an item I can not even equip myself. You do not raid with pets, gearing them up is a waste of time.

I'm a shadow dps. And thx to bioware i'm having 4/5 of the columi stalker's set and 4/5 of the survivor's set. Our shadow tank has seen all his loot go to me..

I didn't even want it!

I really hate pandas but i do think pandas are better loot distributors :D

Anyway what i'm trying to say is.. FIX IT! :p

Edited by Kriminal

If you build a feature like this into a game, it has to be sophisticated enough to assign the loot the right way instead of like randomly give it to whoever can wear it (in case of the ne operation not even that seems to be a factor).

Or at least give the player the ability to deny loot to give it to someone else.

Yeah the current system needs an overhaul. Also the new bosses seems bugged when handing out loot. Our new Commando wich we took for the first week to get geared even got a new shiny epic weapon in Karaggas palace!...a shotgun...

A proper Master Looter and Random Number system for rolling is pretty much needed for this. Either that or the current system needs to be tuned to take:

i)Class

ii)Talent Specc

iii)Current Rating on items in bags/bank and equipped

into account when assigning loot. Preferably even a system checking if you got the item befor and then destroyed/sold it so you obviously dont need it again. If these are the same on all eligible players then the system can just random it out to someone.

Edited by hkraven

This auto-assigned loot is so ridiculously stupid.

We run with 2 Jedi Knights. The other one has seen 6 tokens so far with two duplicates. I've seen none.

Can't pass. Can't transfer. It's downright stupid.

Great decision there. The solution to prevent ninja'ing is to make the game automatically ninja stuff.

What a joke.

EDIT: The system for normal modes was not changed. We're running it now and seeing the same stuff.

Edited by lotj