pull

wwkingms

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there any way a class other than shadow/assasin powertech/vanguard do an offensive pull in this game? like is there an item?

reason im asking is because i was pulled bya sniper last huttball

Then either the Sniper was hacking, there was a shadow behind him that pulled you and then fell off out of your sight, or you're mistaken.

i am not mistaken

it was a sniper, with no one else near

Well then he was hacking. Snipers have no pull ability nor is there an item that lets you pull others.

Are you sure it wasn't a Shadow/Sin that pulled you then they used Blackout/Whatever the Shadow counterpart is to immediately go into stealth before you could see them?

Well then he was hacking. Snipers have no pull ability nor is there an item that lets you pull others.

Are you sure it wasn't a Shadow/Sin that pulled you then they used Blackout/Whatever the Shadow counterpart is to immediately go into stealth before you could see them?

i know the pull of a shadow, not only was there no shadow but the pull seemed/sounded mechanical like a vangaurds

Just the other day me and a friend witnesses a marauder use intercede to an ally, in the lowbies. Not only is that a level 50 ability, but its exclusive to juggs/guards, not sents and maras. I thought I was just imagining it until someone told me they saw it too.

Yeah I've also seen wierd stuff, like in a Huttball match where a Vanguard Force Leaped to me. I was like '...wut?'

Edited by Chlomamf

Yeah I've also seen wierd stuff, like in a Huttball match where a Vanguard Force Leaped to me. I was like '...wut?'

Can't tell if ignorant or what

Sure it wasn't Storm? Or a knight in gear that appeared vanguardianish?

Edited by Zunayson

Powertechs have a pull and tanks can jump to also. I would guess the mirror for the pubs would have them also. This is something that I have not seen (yet) is a toon using skills they dont have. I will keep my eyes open for this and if I see it will say something here. Edited by Vratza

Just pointing this out here. A sniper wouldn't want to pull you. They're ranged, and they want to keep you there. You were probably knocked back by somebody behind you.

in any map other than huttball that is true..

but i had position in huttball so he pulled me off

He wasn't hacking.

You had something happen that you don't understand. The sniper didn't pull you (and wouldn't want to even if he could). You either got knocked back or a tank pulled you while he was jumping down.

Just something to note- Teams with marauders aren't speed hacking, they have predation. Operatives have a sprint. Etc etc.

I don't even think there IS a hack to give your class abilities it shouldn't have. Speed hacks are made by tricking the server into thinking you're somewhere you're not. That's a very simple manipulation. Giving a sniper a pull is several steps above that.

Here's what actually happened (and something I do on my assassin all the time) - The tank pulled you while he was in midair and you landed in front of the sniper.

End of story.

He wasn't hacking.

Here's what actually happened (and something I do on my assassin all the time) - The tank pulled you while he was in midair and you landed in front of the sniper.

End of story.

And this ladies and gentlemen is the difference between a player who understands class mechanics and what actually occurs in PVP Warzones, and one who does not.

Bravo, Sir.

He wasn't hacking.

You had something happen that you don't understand. The sniper didn't pull you (and wouldn't want to even if he could). You either got knocked back or a tank pulled you while he was jumping down.

Just something to note- Teams with marauders aren't speed hacking, they have predation. Operatives have a sprint. Etc etc.

I don't even think there IS a hack to give your class abilities it shouldn't have. Speed hacks are made by tricking the server into thinking you're somewhere you're not. That's a very simple manipulation. Giving a sniper a pull is several steps above that.

End of story.

dont insult me, ive done my share of warzones.

i know what i saw.

i know who was around.

it was a sniper.... he targeted me, and used a pull mechanic which hurled me off ledge toward him.. it had a mechanical sound like a vangaurds pull

so no there was no assasin, or jugg

And this ladies and gentlemen is the difference between a player who understands class mechanics and what actually occurs in PVP Warzones, and one who does not.

Bravo, Sir.

if u fine gentlemen read all the posts you will find ive already stated there was no one remotely close to us..

it was a sniper on one side of the flame to the side and me on the other.. he pulled me about 5 yards forward and off my ledge

i know what happend, i know what class he was, and i know there were no other classes near us.. especially no powertechs (again the pull had a mechanal sound)

u all can argue all u want all i needed to know was if it were possible or if there was some item in game i didnt know about....

now i know he was hacking and i will be filing a report which i dont generally do but seeing as to egregious nature of this hack and the already questionable situations revolving his rated team my decision is easy

Edited by wwkingms

if u fine gentlemen read all the posts you will find ive already stated there was no one remotely close to us..

it was a sniper on one side of the flame to the side and me on the other.. he pulled me about 5 yards forward and off my ledge

i know what happend, i know what class he was, and i know there were no other classes near us.. especially no powertechs (again the pull had a mechanal sound)

u all can argue all u want all i needed to know was if it were possible or if there was some item in game i didnt know about....

now i know he was hacking and i will be filing a report which i dont generally do but seeing as to egregious nature of this hack and the already questionable situations revolving his rated team my decision is easy

Ok, are you absolutely, unequivocally sure that it was, indeed, a sniper?

Quite a few of the assault rifles look like sniper rifles and now thanks to the cartel market, you have VGs in sniper looking outfits.

Just thought I'd ask because it sounds to me like more of a case of mistaken identity than an actual hack.

I know you really think you saw the sniper pull you, but Enexemander is right. Powertech was probably falling from one of the platforms as he pulled you. It's common in huttball when someone goes from one plane to another that they become completely invisible to your screen for a few seconds. You landed next to the sniper and the powertech probably landed in the pit. There is no item or hack that would allow a sniper to pull anyone, not to mention no one else on your team seemed to notice being pulled by a sniper. If he was willing to use this hacked pull on you, then he would be more than willing to use it on ball carriers and such. Don't report some random guy for hacking when he didn't do anything wrong.

Also this assuming you actually knew the guy you thought did this was actually a sniper and wasn't a vanguard that looked like one.

Edited by Zican

dont insult me, ive done my share of warzones.

i know what i saw.

i know who was around.

it was a sniper.... he targeted me, and used a pull mechanic which hurled me off ledge toward him.. it had a mechanical sound like a vangaurds pull

so no there was no assasin, or jugg

While I do think you honestly believe that you're sure about everything, you cannot be surprised others are skeptical when the two things considered are your empirical proof (where a lot of different things may have caused an experience like you just had) on one side and the in game rules and mechanics on the other side.

However, there is no evidence to the contrary either, so it's entirely possible that you're correct. I for one would need tangible proof before believing it though.