New patch and more Trash

DarthWalt

This is getting really old really fast and frankly I am getting to the point where I just wana walk away from the game.

How did you guys sit down and say hey I got a great Idea. Let make an event in a PvP area for PvE servers and then force PvP down our players throats? I am truely getting sick of limited time events that seem to be created with no other goal in mind then grieving players.

I was in a group doing the heroic PvE daily. Guess what a pile of toolbox Flagged Pubs come running up and jump into the AoEs we are using on the mobs in a PvE fight in a PvE area to flag us and kill us thus stopping our group from being able to complete our PvE missions. Great Job BW letting player screw others and prevent them from progressing.

I am happy you made some PvP and some PvE the idea was great however you failed to keep the player in control of what they want to do. If I wana do just the PvE mission well guess what I cant cause I have to worry about toolboxs waiting around to flag and kill me with bugs and exploits.

And great job changing ilum into a giant PD free for all. Casue there nothing that screams 2 factions at war like getting ganked by your own side.

Cartel packs rly I mean rly? Did you just lanch a pack with all the items you had removed that nobody wanted from the packs b4 and call it new. Every "classic" item was already in other packs and removed. But now you got them taking up space and chances for anything new.

And btw changing the color doesnt mean its new.

What a Joke.

I have to agree that no matter how when you are not flagged for PVP you should not be able to get flagged unless you turn the flag on or heal/rez/help a friend who is flagged.

Anyway the quests are boring and not worth doin more than once and the pvp quest are boring not worth doing more than once so overall not really missing much in regards of content.

1.thought they fixed flagged aoe ages ago... if you didn't target them and got flagged, you should report.

2. boo hoo, you don't have to do event. there is pvp quest at fleet terminal, but no one is forcing you to go WZones to finish it...

don't like this event? don't participate. don't like cartel market prices? don't buy there.

Tbh I'm kinda expecting the patch today will address the same faction pvp as anyone in their right mind can see this is utterly ridiculous

***** are going to be *****. period. i don't see how the "same faction" thing can be any kind of limit. yesterday i saw guys from a guild gank their own guildies at the pylon over and over.

1.thought they fixed flagged aoe ages ago... if you didn't target them and got flagged, you should report.

You thought wrong. They didn't fix it. I thought this was known by everybody. It certainly is known by griefers.

Yesterday with tried to kill one WB, the one on the east. We were like 12, 13 and specifically got all us unflagged before we moved. Found an instance with the boss and pull. Moments later, a huge group of reps all flagged showed up. Nothing happened until the boss spawned adds, and ofc dps use their aoe's. Reps got in there, got the dps flagged which then made the healers flagged, etc, etc.

Pro-Tip, don't use AOE's, and make sure any companions you have out if any have their aoe's turned off and you won't get flagged. Any time I am anywhere that there is the chance an AOE might hit a flagged player and get me flagged, I don't use it. It doesn't reduce my damage output by that much and I have no problem being able to kill anything I need to kill.

In case you are wondering, I don't generally PvP and am strictly PvE geared and I have had no problem completing any of the quests in the Gree section of Ilum that didn't require me to enter the FFA PvP zone (and I did those quests as well and... got ganked a cpl times but still had fun).

You thought wrong. They didn't fix it. I thought this was known by everybody. It certainly is known by griefers.

Yesterday with tried to kill one WB, the one on the east. We were like 12, 13 and specifically got all us unflagged before we moved. Found an instance with the boss and pull. Moments later, a huge group of reps all flagged showed up. Nothing happened until the boss spawned adds, and ofc dps use their aoe's. Reps got in there, got the dps flagged which then made the healers flagged, etc, etc.

It wasn't AOEs that got your DPS flagged. Your DPS were mindlessly tabbing and mashing buttons. You can tab target yellow players just as you can tab target yellow NPCs/MOBs. If you single target attack them because you are mashing buttons, you will begin combat with them and flag just as you would begin combat with a yellow NPC/MOB.

In fairness, it's really easy to screw up if you're treating a flaggable zone like an Op or FP where you can just hit tab and know that you will target the next trash/add spawn and continue attacking without missing a beat. And once one DPS does it, healers are pretty much screwed.

Tbh I'm kinda expecting the patch today will address the same faction pvp as anyone in their right mind can see this is utterly ridiculous

Nope, just addressing the people who are understandably not happy with the FFA PvP expressing themselves in chat.

***** are going to be *****. period. i don't see how the "same faction" thing can be any kind of limit. yesterday i saw guys from a guild gank their own guildies at the pylon over and over.

Wow talk about the old rule of red is dead!

thats just stupid i think killing your old guild members

Wow talk about the old rule of red is dead!

thats just stupid i think killing your old guild members

they could just train and some one else could have false impression.

'you 4 go Ilum and in 5 minutes we go and hunt you down, and then kill you, then we hide and you hunt. hide and seek star wars style'

2. boo hoo, you don't have to do event. there is pvp quest at fleet terminal, but no one is forcing you to go WZones to finish it...

don't like this event? don't participate. don't like cartel market prices? don't buy there.

I agree, Im kinda over reading people whinging about this stuff.

The cartel packs for Season 1 are a trial. To see how well they go. Of course they are going to try out new things and yes the classic armor boxes in the "space Pirate" were probably a bad choice. But they had to start somewhere, to get feedback and improve.

Also with the event, If you don't like PVP or if you only want to PvE, the skip the PVP quests. Simple as that. It's not like your missing out on much..

As for people whinging about, the quests being boring, maybe this game isnt for you, I personally love the quests and its only day 3 of the event. Honestly, if you remember back to the Rakghoul event, the missions took time to open up, that might be the case here, especially on the ship. But it's hard to say, only time will tell.

Tellod (The Bastion)

The main issue is a lot of pve people didnt even know ilum was a pvp zone i saw some pretty serious rageing and probably some un subs i had to explain to one guy that this was a pvp zone and he just left ilum after that.

This whole event seemed to be aimed at pissing pve'rs off lol. This is why you have a test server and use it instead its just lets throw this out on the live server and see what happens!!

Lol I agree...

Trying to do some of the new content, nothing but republics spamming the entrances to the gree places with AOES so you have no choice but to respawn at the clinic and try and make it back, yet only to find them there again griefing the entrance. I would have thought they got sick of it after 3 hours...

With faction imbalances, if they do this, it could very well result in outright slaughter. ESPECIALLY when you get factions aligned. If you have four imp groups and one rep group, they're all going to mob that one rep group, as opposed to each other. Which was one of the problems that led to Ilum being reworked in the first place.

And they were probably in mumble/vent cracking up about it.

It wasn't AOEs that got your DPS flagged. Your DPS were mindlessly tabbing and mashing buttons. You can tab target yellow players just as you can tab target yellow NPCs/MOBs. If you single target attack them because you are mashing buttons, you will begin combat with them and flag just as you would begin combat with a yellow NPC/MOB.

In fairness, it's really easy to screw up if you're treating a flaggable zone like an Op or FP where you can just hit tab and know that you will target the next trash/add spawn and continue attacking without missing a beat. And once one DPS does it, healers are pretty much screwed.

Yeah, I've noticed when a PvP flagged player crosses through my companion's attack radius, they'll turn red, but if I don't pursue (continue) that attack, I don't get flagged.

I was in a group doing the heroic PvE daily. Guess what a pile of toolbox Flagged Pubs come running up and jump into the AoEs we are using on the mobs in a PvE fight in a PvE area to flag us and kill us thus stopping our group from being able to complete our PvE missions.

Hmm, how about NOT using AOE when flagged players who might attack you are around (that is, if this was even the reason that the enemys got flagged)?

Pretty advanced stuff, I know.

Edited by Arutar

...Cartel packs rly I mean rly? Did you just lanch a pack with all the items you had removed that nobody wanted from the packs b4 and call it new. Every "classic" item was already in other packs and removed. But now you got them taking up space and chances for anything new.

Very much of the community wanted the old look back. It was a very appreciated addition.

You know, at first I hated it but if you just sit back and enjoy the ride it is extremely fun. This is what happened to me and it is the most fun i've had in the game thus far.

I'm grouped for the heroic and I rez a guy and of course I get flagged. I'm driving by the south pylon just minding my business and I get yanked off my speeder and face raped. So naturally I want revenge. I rez then I go around the corner and we all gather ourselves and I scream out "oh heck now, r e v e n g e", we come around the corner and guess who is fighting a champ. Boom, we get him. Others jump in and we get them too. They come back about 3 times and we got them. It was just a great fight. The best part was it seemed that they were in line for the champ so they lost the champ credit and had to get back in line. How fun is that! Getting revenge on someone like that then having a nice big ole battle. None of us had pvp gear on and it was just a good ole scrap. Very fun.

So that has basically changed my mind that it can truly be fun, now when fully WH gank squads are running around it is not much fun but other than that it can be a blast. I don't know about your server but mine has imps and pubs flagged standing at the same pylon and no one attacks until attacked. I had a guy send a comp to interrupt us going for a champ so he could get it. It was funny, he paid for it, but it was funny.

Edited by beasthunt

This is getting really old really fast and frankly I am getting to the point where I just wana walk away from the game.

How did you guys sit down and say hey I got a great Idea. Let make an event in a PvP area for PvE servers and then force PvP down our players throats? I am truely getting sick of limited time events that seem to be created with no other goal in mind then grieving players.

I was in a group doing the heroic PvE daily. Guess what a pile of toolbox Flagged Pubs come running up and jump into the AoEs we are using on the mobs in a PvE fight in a PvE area to flag us and kill us thus stopping our group from being able to complete our PvE missions. Great Job BW letting player screw others and prevent them from progressing.

I am happy you made some PvP and some PvE the idea was great however you failed to keep the player in control of what they want to do. If I wana do just the PvE mission well guess what I cant cause I have to worry about toolboxs waiting around to flag and kill me with bugs and exploits.

And great job changing ilum into a giant PD free for all. Casue there nothing that screams 2 factions at war like getting ganked by your own side.

Cartel packs rly I mean rly? Did you just lanch a pack with all the items you had removed that nobody wanted from the packs b4 and call it new. Every "classic" item was already in other packs and removed. But now you got them taking up space and chances for anything new.

And btw changing the color doesnt mean its new.

What a Joke.

I got to the point where you said they jumped into your AOEs in a PvE area and was flagged. I don't believe that. I've grinded everyday of the gree event, and everyday I see flagged people and everyday I throw down aoes and never get flagged. So the issue is you probably accidentally targeted them which would be on you to just pay more attention.

I have to agree that no matter how when you are not flagged for PVP you should not be able to get flagged unless you turn the flag on or heal/rez/help a friend who is flagged.

Anyway the quests are boring and not worth doin more than once and the pvp quest are boring not worth doing more than once so overall not really missing much in regards of content.

Not true. My wife and I were not flagged for pvp and within two minutes of entering the zone we both were. I think that it happened to me because a flagged player ran into an aoe heal that I threw and am not sure why it happened to my wife. After five minutes in the area we did not see one player who was not flagged, yet most started out as unflagged.

In any case, we trogged on and about ten minutes into the dailies, 25 pubs in a group and all in pretty stong pvp gear come into our area and ganked everyone. They then camp the node. The game just stopped at that point for everyone who was trying to do the pve quests. I logged off after returning to the med center and then relogged an hour later. General chat was full of comments as to how people could not do the content because there was a large group camping nodes and killing everyone who came near. I just hit fleet pass and have never returned to the event.

I guess that everyone has a different opinion with regard to the event. Ours is not good. I would ask the devs what is the point of adding content that annoys players and just gives them reason to play something else. Content that cannot be done by many is not content to them.

PS - Although I have done some pvp in other games, I choose not to do it in SWTOR and so joined a pve server. I have no pvp gear and am not a member of a guild. So pvp is beyond the capabilities of my characters, especially in an enviornment where even a top notch pvp player will be overwhelmed by mass numbers of people running togehter. I guess the event does not make sense to me and I just don't get what the devs were trying to do.