2. Smart Player
  3. Smart Player
  4. Smart Player
  5. Smart Player
  6. Smart Player
  7. Smart Player
  8. Smart Player

This.

It seems that balance in RWZ will allow for a larger variance of successful team comps, as long as the team can synergize and play smart.

Personally, I want to try something like this:

Guardian Tank

Shadow Offnode

Scoundrel Heals

Sage Heals

Guardian Vigilance (Focus/Second main fight tank situationally)

Sentinel Combat (Focus situationally)

Gunslinger Sharpshooter or Sab

Vanguard Pyro with Smoke grenade

Not 100% on the Vanguard spec, but having a main fight pull is important.

That was a misconception by this guy, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=602856, then he post a goodbye forever post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=610198.

I know Deception will hit like a truck, and in my honest opinion its the only counter to snipers.

Having a Deception in a party come 2.0 will be a good idea, maybe not all team comps but I honestly think it could work well.

It wasn't a misconception. The original changes to deception were AWFUL and pretty much gutted the AC in PVP. It was only the later changes which replaced the lacerate/whirling blow talent which was a pretty amazing change.

That being said I'm hoping it will be strong in 2.0, but honestly I'll be surprised if sins aren't relegated to offnode guarding just like now.

It wasn't a misconception. The original changes to deception were AWFUL

Your awful is a pts opinion, and all you guys posted bs how deception is suppose to be like this and that when in fact nobody could actually play with it daily in pvp warzones on the pts cause the bolster was bugged.

So again for the 100% time a pts opinion is irrelevant to anything coming in 2.0.

Notice how Bioware is still changing the original score of classes, incoming more changes even after 2.0

All that pts drama and anxiety was and is premature.

/fin

Edited by Caeliux

Your awful is a pts opinion, and all you guys posted bs how deception is suppose to be like this and that when in fact nobody could actually play with it daily in pvp warzones on the pts cause the bolster was bugged.

So again for the 100% time a pts opinion is irrelevant to anything coming in 2.0.

Notice how Bioware is still changing the original score of classes, incoming more changes even after 2.0

All that pts drama and anxiety was and is premature.

/fin

You act like bolster was bugged for the entire duration of the PTS. It wasn't.

based on what i saw on PTS, sage/sorc DPS is capable of some impressive and hard hitting damage in 2.0. iirc they have a auto-crit on thundering blast, which was hitting hard..

Haven't seen much mention of it on the forum, but I caught some frightening hits off Thundering Blast on PTS. After Smash, it was just ahead of Ambush and Hidden Strike for average damage (fewer hits by it though, not many people using it).

Haven't seen much mention of it on the forum, but I caught some frightening hits off Thundering Blast on PTS. After Smash, it was just ahead of Ambush and Hidden Strike for average damage (fewer hits by it though, not many people using it).

yeah nobody really mentioned in on the PTS forum, but in the warzones i did i saw a lot of sorc/sages beating the snot out of people.

You act like bolster was bugged for the entire duration of the PTS. It wasn't.

It was bugged enough for noone to post anything creditable about classes incoming in 2.0.

People was coming on the forums left and right with biased opinions how a class will pan out in 2.0 because they dueled each other and used test dummies in the pts.

What funny with that method is that is not real pvp and for sure not the right calculations you want to bring on a forum and expect people to take you serious.

I got nothing else to say about it, if people want to believe the sky is red and never went outside then go right ahead and be gullible.

Edited by Caeliux

It was bugged enough for noone to post anything creditable about classes incoming in 2.0.

People was coming on the forums left and right with opiniosn how a class will pan out in 2.0 because they dueled each other and used test dummies in pts.

What funny with that method is that is not real pvp and forsure not the right calculations you want to bring on a forum and expect people to take you serious.

I gott nothing else to say about it, if people want to believe the sky is red and never went outside then go ahead.

it was bugged for no more than a week. i was able to do close to 50 warzones post Bolster bug.

which imo, was more than enough for me to get a feel for commando balance in PvP come 2.0. which also means that others would have been able to do enough warzones to get solid opinions of other classes.

it was bugged for no more than a week. i was able to do close to 50 warzones post Bolster bug.

which imo, was more than enough for me to get a feel for commando balance in PvP come 2.0. which also means that others would have been able to do enough warzones to get solid opinions of other classes.

Sure geting a feel is one thing, but having anxiety and posting nonsense is another.

Plus that was a rough draft, any xpac gets tweaked before the final release, even after release more tweaks will come.

My argument is never to discredit opinions, I only suggest people to not post final verdicts on classes when coming outta a test like server with biased opinions.

I hope that makes sense.

Cause all that does is spread panic and misconceptions, which we don't need in this game anymore.

But whatever, people will believe what they see at first hand and that is not the right thing to do.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Caeliux

Nothing will change. The comp that wins most of Ranked matches right now on Bastion will most likely be still the dominant comp. You can replace the PT with another dpser and it still work fine as well.

1. Sorc Heal

2. Operative Heal

3. Jugg Tank

4. Sin Node Guard

5. Smash Marauder / Carnage respec for few maps

6. Smash Marauder

7 . Lethality Sniper

8. Pyro PT

Nothing will change. The comp that wins most of Ranked matches right now on Bastion will most likely be still the dominant comp. You can replace the PT with another dpser and it still work fine as well.

1. Sorc Heal

2. Operative Heal

3. Jugg Tank

4. Sin Node Guard

5. Smash Marauder / Carnage respec for few maps

6. Smash Marauder

7 . Lethality Sniper

8. Pyro PT

I agree, I do think though puting in a sage dps or adding a vanguard tank could work.

Far as the others guess it would be preference more than anything, some guilds won't be comfortable rolling any other spec that is unproven due to pride.

That would not be my method, but whatever floats your boat.

I agree, I do think though puting in a sage dps or adding a vanguard tank could work.

Far as the others guess it would be preference more than anything, some guilds won't be comfortable rolling any other spec that is unproven due to pride.

That would not be my method, but whatever floats your boat.

The Vanguard tank and dps are both out

Pyro is out as CGC dot was nerfed to the ground

RS armor pen was nerfed

TD/AP was turned into a dot with a time delay

All three pyro dots are cleanseable (TD can be cleansed before it even goes off)

Tactic/AP is probably better now due to higher utility and better survive ability

As for Van Tanks their utility is better but the stat return nerf on shield, absorb, and armor plus the removal of 6% shield from tree plus the increased dps from all classes put shield spec TTK down

The spec's reliance on shield procs for both its dps and mitigation makes it vulnerable to upfront burst.

1v1 a carnage maur could take down my van before my HIB came off cd from the fight's start