*Major Spoilers!* Very disapointed with Sith Inquisitor Story so far

Lauraliane

So, I finished act 2 of the Sith Inquisitor Story and I am now halfway through act 3, and compared to the Imperial Agent story (that I already completed), it is a really big disapointment.

Let me explain why:

1) Very few surprises, Darth Zash betrayal is more than obvious, so much that every single NPC likes to remind it to you.

2) You never actually feel powerful or respected, the story does a very good job at making you look dumb or weak.

3) There is waaayyy to much of what I call "Defeat by Cutscene"

4) The whole act 2 is basically useless, in reality NOTHING happens

Act 1:

You start as a slave and everyone tell you so and threat you so

End of act 1, you finally feel a bit powerful, you get ready to kick Zash ***, but even though you drop her to 0 hit point, she "defeat you by cutscene" right after it.

Yep you are weak and only luck because Khem Val jump in the middle of it, saves you.

End of Act 1, you get your apprentices, that comes out of nowhere, but alright, you are like "Finally I am getting cool!"

Act 2:

Dark Thanaton tell you to go to a Tomb, you go there and almost get killed by a ghost, another Defeat by Cutscene and you only get saved by your ancestor, who remind you that you are weak and dumb. Thanks

You do back and forth to get 2 ghosts with the ritual, then go to Dark Thanaton and guess what happens....Defeat by Cutscene!

Yep you are so weak that you don't even get the right to fight him.

Luckily (Again), you get saved by your apprentices. Pffieew.

So it is off to get even more ghosts! Yay!

Of course, your apprentices get killed, and the little power base you felt you had is destroyed...

20 hours later and 2 more ghosts, you go to see Thanaton and after defeating a crappy apprentice (yep you are just good enough to beat an apprentice apparently), you get....Defeated by Cutscene AGAIN by Thanaton.

Yep that's right, everything you did was for nothing, you just get your *** kicked again, even worse you are now dieing because of "too much power"...Right.

In comparison the Sith Warrior kills a dark council member at the same time and their story is full of victories and *** kicking.

Act 3:

It is yet again Thanaton, feels to me like it is more Act 2.5, but hey, and you now have to go to Belsavis and Voss to cure yourself of your own stupidness...

Not to mention that the whole rivality with Thanaton and why he wants to kill us is very uninteresting: I need to kill everything that was tied to Zash!

Right.

Really that's bad, maybe I ll have a surprise by the end of act 3, but I highly doubt it.

Weak, uninteresting, full of Death by Cutscenes. bad bad story.

Edited by Lauraliane

You mean the moment where he says you can't control that much power and that you are dumb, and he is actually right?

That was real bad.

I mean, it's not like you couldn't have just done the smarter thing instead of making that powergrab like that.

O'wait...

Well tbh I hope you dont play any other character because i have found the SI to be by far the best story. I havent gotten too far on the republic side but done or almost done 4 of the empire's

Nobody can dispute you if you say "I think it's the best because I like it". Non-debateable statement of opinion; good for you?

Perhaps you might provide some useful contrast if you find yourself in disagreement?

Perhaps you might provide some sort of compelling perspective in contrast, or, and who knows, some take on it that a seemingly growing number of us just aren't taking away from it.

Would you be so kind as to at least try? Not much that can be done or discussed with what you said otherwise. Very ignorable without any kind of explanatory elaboration what so ever.

Well tbh I hope you dont play any other character because i have found the SI to be by far the best story. I havent gotten too far on the republic side but done or almost done 4 of the empire's

I played and completed the Imperial Agent story and it was pure awesomeness from start to finish.

Not to mention that this one of the few story that has actual major branching.

Sith Inquisitor on the contrary is boring and only manages to make you feel weak without any proper goal to drive you.

Edited by Paralassa
content

Actually OP, I could say the same about Imperial agent.

Act 1 was great.... beginning of Act 2 also very nicely written. Until you finish that Quesh quest. Then it goes down with the speed of light.

It seems that after Act 2, the writer was kicked out, and they hired worst Dan Brown's clone writer :p The Star Cabal is such cliche, that I wonder why they would use it...

The Corelia quests are even worse. We get mad Sith, doing mad things, who dies seconds after he is introduced. Propably writer thought "We did not have enough mad Siths apart Zhorrid or Jadus, lets throw another one, and kill him quick".

Then, the ;ast mission in Cabal's headquarters and true identity of hunter. Oh come on? It just made me laugh. Same with the ending. It's cheesy, wrongly written, with bad acting.

I don't demand things on the level of "Needle", but please, that's the story that reminds "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" Bond movie.

I feel the same way OP. I came in expecting a tale of intrigue, politics, and sorcery, where by my cunning and power I rise from the slave pens to the heights of the empire. Instead I found a story where I am thrown around the galaxy for little reason, and all of my decision making is done for me by my companions or even my enemies.

And what most irritates me is that they could have done better. In fact they had done better, in the planet quests my character is pro-active and clever, but in the class quests I bumble around somehow missing the obvious in a badly paced story.

Actually OP, I could say the same about Imperial agent.

Act 1 was great.... beginning of Act 2 also very nicely written. Until you finish that Quesh quest. Then it goes down with the speed of light.

It seems that after Act 2, the writer was kicked out, and they hired worst Dan Brown's clone writer :p The Star Cabal is such cliche, that I wonder why they would use it...

The Corelia quests are even worse. We get mad Sith, doing mad things, who dies seconds after he is introduced. Propably writer thought "We did not have enough mad Siths apart Zhorrid or Jadus, lets throw another one, and kill him quick".

Then, the ;ast mission in Cabal's headquarters and true identity of hunter. Oh come on? It just made me laugh. Same with the ending. It's cheesy, wrongly written, with bad acting.

I don't demand things on the level of "Needle", but please, that's the story that reminds "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" Bond movie.

I found the ending pretty cool, but it might depends of the choice you made ^^

And yes that was cliché but at least ****** cliché, SI inquisitor is bad all along and certainly never ******.

I'm still on act 2, but the whole Zash thing was more than a bit disappointing to me.

A big part of it is the fact that everyone tells you "hey, by the way, Zash is probably planning to kill you", and the story lets you do absolutely nothing but play right into her hands, even to the point that it seemed like most of the conversation responses you can give amount to "What? Zash would never try to kill me, she's so nice...".

Then you're specifically told she's set herself up to resist Force attacks, and she suggests that bringing Andronikos would be a bad idea, for utterly vague, clearly a trap reasons. Personally, that's where I brought Andronikos along so he could nail her right between the eyes, as he loves to do. Oh, but wait, apparently I'm not allowed to be that smart, so it's got to be Khem anyway and even though Zash is one Assassinate away from being as dead as she looks, I have to be saved by a cutscene, which never would have had to happen in the first place if I could have just had Andronikos shoot her.

I realize they had a point they were setting up to, sure, but I feel like they really dropped the ball with a lot of it.

As much as I do see the complaint about this and semi-agree with them, the idea is that you get betrayed by a master who is so nice to you that you aren't meant to expect it (Just because YOU do doesn't mean your character does) and then have to scramble around trying to get as much power as you can before Thanaton catches up to you.

There is no time to research how binding those ghosts will affect you, you just see a path to power and run down it until you fall over.

I agree that there should be a better storyline with more intrigue where it is you doing the plotting to kill Thanaton and Zash without them knowing it, but the idea is that you are new and these 2 already had plans to kill you before you were even Sith.

I assume once the level cap is raised there should be much more intrigue and politics as you get the time to actually consolodate your power and make your own plans and schemes.

I was gutted when my 2 apprentices were killed though, I really liked them both :(

Disclaimed: I have just started act 3 so haven't seen the end yet.

As much as I do see the complaint about this and semi-agree with them, the idea is that you get betrayed by a master who is so nice to you that you aren't meant to expect it (Just because YOU do doesn't mean your character does)/QUOTE]

Come on, EVERY single NPC tells you she is going to betray you, and she is so obviously lying and manipulating you it hurts.

Come on, EVERY single NPC tells you she is going to betray you, and she is so obviously lying and manipulating you it hurts.

Like I said I do half agree, but I am playing Devil's advocate because I quite like the story in a way and the people that tell you about the betrayal are a monster who keeps threatening to eat you but just isn't strong enough, a ghost I still don't trust even at level 45 and I think Darth Thanaton who I know I don't trust.

So I think the idea is your character still trusts Zash, or at least wants to. The plot has you learning the ways of the Sith and you are well and truly thrown in at the deep end!

Edited by _Darkstar

thus far i think the SI story has been pretty good. I play strong on the dark side. I like the fact that you were a slave that came into power. In my story lines I haven't seen much put down. I think mainly its because of the dark side. I tend to tell the NPC that they better watch their tongue or I'll cut it out and they bow down and grobble at my feet. I have not see any of the other lines yet, but from the looks of it there are 64 different lines to choose from. 1 per class, race, male vs. female, light vs dark, and of course Sith vs. the jedi. from what i can see it would take 8 full servers to see them all.

thus far i have start one of each of the male Sith side, but i am starting with the SI, because i like the idea that i could be a stealth cloth tank, that just never mixes lol.

I think the storyline is weak, overall. But not without some fun, though a lot may come from the non SI specific stories. I played my Sith as Dark Side (after some initial hesitation), but loyal to the Empire.

I think one of the best parts may have been realizing that I had created my own super weapon. I just wish it didn't fall into my hands by mere accident. Just like most of what I did, too much was suggested or demanded by others. I was not the cunning manipulator I would expect the "Siddious Class" to be.

I think the storyline is weak, overall. But not without some fun, though a lot may come from the non SI specific stories. I played my Sith as Dark Side (after some initial hesitation), but loyal to the Empire.

I think one of the best parts may have been realizing that I had created my own super weapon. I just wish it didn't fall into my hands by mere accident. Just like most of what I did, too much was suggested or demanded by others. I was not the cunning manipulator I would expect the "Siddious Class" to be.

The funny thing is the sith warrior is actually the darth sidious AND darth vader class. I am level 41 right now and story wise my sith warrior does my SI job. The sith warrior can manipulate jedi's passions and cause them to fall to the dark side. I don't see the inquisitor ever doing this and the time when it seems like the you are going to corrupt someone the story does a 180 and says sry bro they are not falling.

Edited by lokdron

I watched the ending for a few classes on youtube, and I actually stopped playing with my Jedi Counselor and switched back to my Sith Inquisitor, because the ending for the Jedi counselor was really lame (Jedi Knight on the other hand looks cool). The ending for inquisitor is awesome!

Hmmm... The OP seems to dislike the SI storyline because the character isn't some ridiculous Gary stu character and instead fails at times.

It seems to me you may be misinterpreting the OP.

Of course, I can only speak for myself - but I wouldn't mind failing occassionally in the story. I just expect it to be told better.

Generally, I except the Sith Inquisitor to be a schemer and manipulator. That doesn't mean his schemes can't fail or some things can't be manipulated. But it doesn't feel like I am much scheming or manipulating at all.

But more specific things to change:

There is an incredible amount of "foreshadowing" that Darth Zash will betray you. But you can't do anything about it. Anything at all.

A solution to this: Remove most of the foreshadowing. And give us a red herring - for example, one of our Companions could have a storyline that may seem to lead to betrayal. Or maybe someone in our cult tries to betray us. So, with a feeling that the betrayal has been averted, self satisfied we'd walk right into the real betrayal.

(A bigger change from the existing storyline would be Darth Zash _not_ betraying us at all. What if she genuinely is that "nice" person - except still old and dying, and trying a way to pass on her legacy - but not at my cost. But Khem Val intervenes because he believes I don't deserve the power yet.)

Then, let's go on with the Ghost Hunting Story.

1. Why don't we get to assemble the necessary clues to find the Ghosts on our own? Have a cut scene with us talking about reading ancient texts and Imperial Intelligence reports. (Maybe together with Zash/Khem or Andronikus.)
  2. Why is there no foreshadowing here that maybe consuming more than one ghost is a bad idea?

Let's look at Thanatos himself:

• His motiviation is really bad. Out of some weird Sith tradition that doesn't seem to even gel with the typical Sith behavior only? Why not make it a little more ... personal. Focus maybe more that he doesn't think a Slave deserves to rise to power at all? Showcase more of his secret fears. Have us discovery some Odipus (maybe without incest) style self fulfilling prophecy. Maybe a prophecy that says that Thanatos will have to crush a slave given power, or be crushed by him.
  • The plotline on Correlia is relatively weak. It should involve more scheming and less "go and kill everything". There are 3 Moffs that I convinced to be on my side. Or rather, there is one Moff that I accidentally stumble upon that wants to help me for his own reason, and he brings with him two other Moffs. First, I should be more active in "recruting" my own Moff with Super Weapon. Second, Thanatos could turn one of them against me in the story (leading me into some trap), but me turning some of his allies turns the table again.
  • The fights with him are weak, because, as mentioned, they are failure by cut scene. Make these things more even. And certainly don't have him gloat about my failures when I just ruined his plan.
  • Personally, I am fine with not killing Thanatos in the end - my interpretation is that I proved already that I was vastly superior to him, so he doesn't even deserve to be killed by me. But I know many people want the sastification of doing the deed himself, and so give it to them.

There just wasn't enough scheming and counter-scheming in the SI storyline.

Maybe what is done is done, but I hope that if there are future class storyline expansions, Bioware will get more onto this and turn us more into the schemers our class is associated with.

I'd like to see a story with us planning the fall of a Jedi Master, and turning a planet to the Imperial side. Maybe manipulating some third party (Hutts?) would be good. And of course, finally corruping Ashara (or turning our sith apprentice into a good guy to play the light-side "corruptor"?).