There are too many Grade 9 Color Crystal Missions

AttonStarkiller

Considering the game has gone to the trouble of adding a new tier of color crystals, I assume there will be upcoming dye modules and/or craft-able color crystals coming at time point. I don't have a problem with that.

Here's my issue: Archaeology has only 2 means to obtain mats, finding a node or going on a mission. Scavenging and Bioanalysis can also go kill strong+ enemies and "farm" mats. For every tier of Archaeology missions so far (1-6) there has only been one color crystal mission offered at any one time. Now for the 401+ missions, I sometimes have 3 color crystal missions on my list. This gives me only 2 missions for power crystals and/or artifact fragments. There have been a couple of times where there were no color crystal missions, but for the most part there seem to be 2 or 3 at any one time. This seems a bit excessive to me. Can the color crystal missions be limited to 1 at a time, or better yet can you offer more than 5 missions at a time so that if someone wants to collect 3 stacks of color crystals in a day (why?) he can, while those of us who are synthweavers can spend our credits on missions that are a benefit.

Agreed, I was just noticing this as well. My synthweaver has and will have no use for these color crystals. I seem to be getting offered at least 2 if not 3 of these missions everytime, at the same time I just had a set where I was not offered a single mission to get artifact fragments, something I actually need.

Even on my artifice these will be of limited use when the item they are used for is even added to the game. Dyes honestly don't sell that well and if its for a fancy new color crystal those won't sell that well for us either because at this point there are so many color crystals out there to select from.

Archaeology Sink. They obviously had a problem with how many players were getting mats with ease, so they added these in to slow people down. I also wouldn't expect to see a new tier of lightsaber crystals with stats greater than +41, the devs had said previously they're either going to keep them where they are or maybe even remote stats completely. Most likely new dyes, but if that new Black and Blue dye from CZ-198 doesn't require one of these new tier of color crystals, then they are very blatantly an Archaeology sink and nothing more. Edited by SomeJagoff

I hate that they are useless and are basically making it very unlikely that corundum powder missions come up, which is bull since basically there is always a Tricopper flux mission up for Scavenging. Sure I can buy it, but why should skills that use it have to pay more than those that use flux?

Sure, it's annoying. But that's why we have an in-game economy, or what passes for one. You get something you don't need, sell it on the GTN—somebody else is doing the same thing with something you do need.

More trade terminals on the planets would be a good thing.

I hate this too. There are always multiple color crystal missions, and since those are the only type of material I don't need, it makes it much harder to find the ones I need. (Corundum, Primordial artifacts, and Carbonic crystals). I still don't understand why they can't just give us a list of all available missions and let us choose.

Get onto your ship, choose the missions you want then get off your ship. The missions go random again. Do this till you have the five you want. I do this for slicing and underworld trading too. I'm DONE with comp gifts lmao.

This^

I know it's lame to hop back and forth from your ship, but I do this too. Sometimes it takes a few jumps to get all the ones I want, but in most cases it only takes a jump or two.

• 2 weeks later...
This^

I know it's lame to hop back and forth from your ship, but I do this too. Sometimes it takes a few jumps to get all the ones I want, but in most cases it only takes a jump or two.

*update* apparently they 'fixed' the hop on/off your ship method to achieve this. :rolleyes:

I just had 4 (4!!!!) color crystal missions. This is incredibly frustrating for my Synthweaver to have stacks of color crystals I can't use and can't sell because there is NO USE for them in game yet. My Artifice guildie has several full stacks of each color already so doesn't want them either.

Enough already! Can we throttle these back a little please? I need fragments like crazy but can't even get ONE mission up in the last three sessions of playing!