Character Slots

Jacen_Starsolo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered the same thing, text in the patch notes left this somewhat ambiguous.

I just got in the game. The text in the game's CM makes it seem like subs can add more. So now it's confusing.

Just for info, I had to log into a server not currently with a queue while light population that I had a character on to see this.

I saw another thread after posting that which mentioned the new packs are doing that too. So the CM is just bugged.

I checked my ledger and it says -600 for "Cartel Market Purchase" and not a specific like when I bought 3 of the packs when the market first went live. Those purchases say I bought those specific packs.

Hey folks! Here to clear things up a bit, the patch note is meant to let folks know that the standard character slot restrictions are now being enforced. In ADDITION to this, you may now purchase additional character slots to your heart's content. There is a limit, but it is very, very high and you will probably not reach it. So, if you are a subscriber and want to go beyond your 12 slots, by all means!

Hey folks! Here to clear things up a bit, the patch note is meant to let folks know that the standard character slot restrictions are now being enforced. In ADDITION to this, you may now purchase additional character slots to your heart's content. There is a limit, but it is very, very high and you will probably not reach it. So, if you are a subscriber and want to go beyond your 12 slots, by all means!

goes off to spend all his coins :) I love to play dress up.....

Man, I feel bad for the people who had more than 12 characters because of server merges. However, in general, WOOT!!!

Now if only the CM purchases will actually go through. I got my coins auto-refunded then a pop up in game said it had a purchase error.

Oh yeah!!! I wonder who can get to 350 in one server first XD

why they don't have to unlock them they just can't create new char

He said they were enforcing the 12 slot limit, which means that they can't use more than 12 characters unless they buy the unlock (unless I have misunderstood). This will force people who, through no fault of their own, were caught in a mess BW made when they were dealing with the server issues to spend money in order to use their characters. I feel bad for them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy about being able to buy more slots, that's fricking awesome, but the people in that group are getting screwed by this.

it means you can have more slots on every server. if you have more than 12 and are a sub you don't have to buy more slots however if you want to create new character you have to buy more unlocks than you curently have.

This is probably the very first step of character transfers for people with over 12 characters. The devs probably had to create programs to extend the limit (or make people pay more money to expand 12 characters for those that reached their max). This is looking great so far =D

Nice. It works now.

I now have 13 per server available. I don't think I will be hitting the limit but goal is 16 to be able to have one of each AC. I deleted some unused characters after the merge to make an IA on my main server after making one on another and liking the story after leaving Hutta. I tried before but the Hutta part I didn't really care for but everyone raves about the IA story so gave it another shot.

You can actually go beyond that if you purchase an additional character slot when you hit that limit!

Um, then what does the "All players have a Global Active Character Limit of 350 Characters" patch note mean then? If you can buy additional slots even beyond 350, then what is actually being limited at 350?

He said they were enforcing the 12 slot limit, which means that they can't use more than 12 characters unless they buy the unlock (unless I have misunderstood). This will force people who, through no fault of their own, were caught in a mess BW made when they were dealing with the server issues to spend money in order to use their characters. I feel bad for them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy about being able to buy more slots, that's fricking awesome, but the people in that group are getting screwed by this.

I may be wrong but my impression was they can still use their 16/12 (just picked a random number to illustrate). However for the example to make the 17th, they must buy 5 of the slots.

Preferred and subscribers who had more than the 6 or 12 limit are allowed to keep playing all their characters, they are no forced to buy slots to play them. What they cant do is create a new character until they buy slot unlocks for all the "extra'" characters they have over the limit +1 more for the new character they wish to make.